Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iranian official threatens to seize British oil tanker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Iranian official threatens to seize British oil tanker

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48882455

An Iranian official has said a British oil tanker should be seized, if a detained Iranian ship is not released.

British Royal Marines helped officials in Gibraltar to seize the super-tanker Grace 1 on Thursday, after it was suspected of carrying oil from Iran to Syria, in breach of EU sanctions.

A court in Gibraltar has ruled the ship can be detained for a further 14 days.

Iran later summoned the British ambassador in Tehran to complain about what it said was a "form of piracy".

Mohsen Rezaei said Iran would respond to bullies "without hesitation".

Mr Rezaei - a member of a council that advises the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khamenei - said, in a tweet: "If Britain does not release the Iranian oil tanker, it is the authorities' duty to seize a British oil tanker."

The BBC has been told a team of about 30 marines, from 42 Commando, were flown from the UK to Gibraltar to help detain Grace 1 and its cargo.

Gibraltar said there was reason to believe the ship was carrying Iranian crude oil to the Baniyas Refinery in the Syrian Mediterranean port town of Tartous.

The territory was initially able to detain the ship for 72-hours, but Gibraltar's Supreme Court granted a 14-day extension on Friday.

Iran's Foreign Ministry condemned the initial seizure of the vessel as illegal and accused the UK of acting at the behest of the United States.

The UK Foreign Office dismissed claims of piracy as "nonsense".

Spain's Acting Foreign Minister Josep Borrell said, on Thursday, Spain - which disputes British ownership of Gibraltar - was studying the circumstances of the action, but said it followed "a demand from the US to the UK".

BBC defence correspondent Jonathan Beale said, while Britain has been keen to suggest it was an operation led by the Gibraltar government, it appears the intelligence came from the US.

On Friday, a senior Iranian lawmaker said the seizure of tanker was proof the UK "lacks honour" and takes orders from the US.

Mostafa Kavakebian, who leads the Iran-UK parliamentary friendship group, tweeted that the seizure was "a form of piracy and illegal hostility towards Iran".

White House national security advisor John Bolton said the seizure was "excellent news". He added that the US and its allies would continue to prevent regimes in Tehran and Damascus from "profiting off this illicit trade".

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said the swift action would deny valuable resources to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's "murderous regime".

The Baniyas Refinery, where the Iranian tanker was believed to be taking the oil, is a subsidiary of the General Corporation for Refining and Distribution of Petroleum Products - a section of the Syrian ministry of petroleum.

The EU says the facility therefore provides financial support to the Syrian government, which is subject to sanctions because of its repression of civilians since the start of the uprising against President Assad in 2011.

The refinery has been subject to EU sanctions since 2014.
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    White House national security advisor John Bolton said the seizure was "excellent news".
    Well its clear whose pushing for a war in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Well its clear whose pushing for a war in Iran.
    Iran has been trying to push the west into war for years and they try to play the victim card so they don't get the blame for it internationally. If you are promoting the idea that the west wants war that is because you are influenced by the Iranian propaganda because that is what their propaganda wants people to think

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Iran has been trying to push the west into war for years and they try to play the victim card so they don't get the blame for it internationally. If you are promoting the idea that the west wants war that is because you are influenced by the Iranian propaganda because that is what their propaganda wants people to think
    Thread winner, don't let the Iranians fool you. They have been asking for war but peacenik Trump has been resisting all these years. They also placed their country right in the middle of our military bases, asked for sanctions because they know it would make America look bad, forced us to attack their ally Syria. With all these provocative moves, the West has restrained herself from attacking.

+rep for speaking the truth.

I wonder what the weather is like in Tel Aviv?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Thread winner, don't let the Iranians fool you. They have been asking for war but peacenik Trump has been resisting all these years. They also placed their country right in the middle of our military bases, asked for sanctions because they know it would make America look bad, forced us to attack their ally Syria. With all these provocative moves, the West has restrained herself from attacking.

+rep for speaking the truth.

I wonder what the weather is like in Tel Aviv?
    Pay no attention to my second post guys, its too woke for Jules.

OMG, a John Bolton sock puppet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    John Bolt just called and even he thinks Nickers goes overboard with his anti Iran posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Yup.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, that's the biggest piece of $#@! I read on the forum of late- and that's saying a lot.

The US is responsible for Iran's problems. The US took out their elected PM, took over the country & has surrounded it with bases- all for the MIC & Big Oil.

Iran hasn't started a war in 100+ years but I sure couldn't blame them if they are sick of the constant taking of their resources & starving of their people.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Well, that's the biggest piece of $#@! I read on the forum of late- and that's saying a lot.

The US is responsible for Iran's problems. The US took out their elected PM, took over the country & has surrounded it with bases- all for the MIC & Big Oil.

Iran hasn't started a war in 100+ years but I sure couldn't blame them if they are sick of the constant taking of their resources & starving of their people.
    Are you going to ignore the second post too Ender? I thought you better than that.

Are you going to ignore the second post too Ender? I thought you better than that.
    Iran doesn't want war- the US does- & OBL was never a part of Iran- PLUS he died in Dec of 2001- something the US Media has always covered up.
    There is no spoon.

[snip]
    Quoted for truth.
    "The Patriarch"

If you are promoting the idea that the west wants war
    -America has being arming and training MEK as the Iranian Opposition in Albania and Kosovo.
    -NeoCons have being pushing for a Iranian regime change since the 90s.

So you cant claim that i am a propagandist.

Why did idiot Trump get out of the Iranian deal? that deal was a good deal. This deal wasn't pushed by America but Russia/China as well. Obama only later agreed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    -America has being arming and training MEK as the Iranian Opposition in Albania and Kosovo.
    -NeoCons have being pushing for a Iranian regime change since the 90s.

So you cant claim that i am a propagandist.

Why did idiot Trump get out of the Iranian deal? that deal was a good deal. This deal wasn't pushed by America but Russia/China as well. Obama only later agreed to it.
    I am not saying that they don't have a legitimate reason to want to destroy us, that's where you are misunderstanding me.

MEK terrorist asshats of the Trump administration.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are people on both sides pushing for war.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Its only natural to think that some of them think of us as their enemy and want to destroy us before we destroy them.

Its only natural to think that some of them think of us as their enemy and want to destroy us before we destroy them.
    And to think that others are controlled opposition for the globalists that want to destroy us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Osama Bin Laden was the one that originally stated his goal was to get the United States into a long drawn out war that bankrupts the country, this is exactly what any enemy of America would want to do to us, We have the most expensive military in the world, its like driving a tank back and fourth to work, or using a chainsaw to cut through red tape, if you have enough red tape you have to cut you will eventually run out of gas.

Osama Bin Laden was the one that originally stated his goal was to get the United States into a long drawn out war that bankrupts the country, this is exactly what any enemy of America would want to do to us, We have the most expensive military in the world, its like driving a tank back and fourth to work, or using a chainsaw to cut through red tape, if you have enough red tape you have to cut you will eventually run out of gas.
    I for one am not going to play your pick a side games anymore. You took my job, you shattered my girlfriends grand dellusions, you tried to make me kill myself. You should just die already you are holding the human race back you sick $#@!s.

Bump again for the idiots trying to ignore the man hiding behind the curtain.

Bump again for the idiots trying to ignore the man hiding behind the curtain.
    That would be you YOU

Learn some real history- not what your public school history teacher babbled.
    There is no spoon.

That would be you YOU

I didn't learn history from anyone, history is written by the people who control the present. I look at their methods of control and their motivations. You don't want to even consider the possiblity that there might be an extreme faction of Iranians that would love to destroy our country because they hate us because you hate America so much and that is the way they control you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't learn history from anyone, history is written by the people who control the present. I look at their methods of control and their motivations. You don't want to even consider the possiblity that there might be an extreme faction of Iranians that would love to destroy our country because they hate us because you hate America so much and that is the way they control you.
    LOL- I hate America because I tell the truth?

And, I am sure there may be a faction of Iranians who hate America- but this does not mean that Iran is at fault for all the $#@! the US has piled on them.

Why did Trump get out of the Deal? They were compliant. Why did he sanction them & start the road to starvation? Why does he now threaten them if THEY get out of the deal- after he broke it? Why is the country surrounded by US bases?
    There is no spoon.

That would be you YOU

The CIA installed the current Iranian regime, that's a fact of history you seem to want to ignore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The CIA installed the current Iranian regime, that's a fact of history you seem to want to ignore.
    Yea the CIA installed everybody in the world expect for Donald Trump. More rubbish conspiracy theory that everybody should ignore.

Banned

Blog Entries
    no it is not a fact, it is hazy conspiracy theory levitated by The Q's to make Americans believe a war against Iran would be a strike against the hated deep state. Pure bait and switch. Worse, actually, as it is an objective of the deep state achieved by fooling the people that hate the deep state into supporting deep state objectives.

However, if Iran had a big red button that would wipe the US and Israel off the face of the map, they would push it.

If they had one that could wipe out Israel, they would not push it, because they know what that means in regards to the US.

Iran could wipe Israel from the face of the Earth. But they could not wipe the US away. So Iran wants war with Israel, without getting the US involved, which is very tricky.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-05-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Including you. You're just pretending that you don't know what you're doing.

@Bryan, do you see large tracts being posted from Global Research, not just excerpts, leaving you open to copyright liability? And do you see these walls of text from sources like Makow being used to blur the obvious fact that just because the CIA used a group forty years ago does not mean they control it now? This is a concept any child with a pet cat can understand, yet here we are, on a site named for Ron Paul, watching a warmonger use this forty year old trivia to talk us into more war. And still pretending he doesn't know what he's doing.

When your propaganda is so blatantly stupid that even UWDude, who is here to sell the exact same brand of propaganda, is telling you you're making an ass if yourself, you might consider not doubling down yet again. No, we do not go to war with governments which are firmly under the CIA's thumb. No one here is stupid enough to think otherwise, no matter how many semi-unrelated walls of text you post. Get over yourself.

You fail to understand the purpose of controlled opposition.
    The purpose of controlled opposition is to sabotage the real opposition by trying to convince them they're doing it wrong, thereby turning them into controlled opposition. All anyone has to do to see that is look at you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-05-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

If you have a country, oil production system and a conventional army, you do not want to engage witrh the US military. Also what does an Osama bin Laden have to do with Iran? Are you one of those freaks who thin is Iran and Am Qaeda are working together?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast