Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 341

Thread: Justin Amash is the anti-Ron Paul

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The guy that attacked him was being controlled. They try to control us all because they get off on it.
    Eh. I don't really buy into that line of thinking because I think it excuses people from accepting responsibility for their own stupid behavior. If I show up late for work tonight, I don't think claiming that I was being controlled is gonna help me keep my job.

    I'm gonna have to leave it at that. Y'all have a good weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He’s teaching libertarians how to lose
    https://spectator.us/justin-amash-anti-ron-paul/
    Yes, sounds about right.

    From a strategic and effectiveness perspective, Amash has set libertarian principles back significantly more than any good he's done for them since being elected.

    And obviously I'm not just speaking to passing legislation. RP did not pass much legislation, but he built a political coalition (that allowed Amash to be elected, mind you) and educated millions of American voters. I very much doubt there are any libertarian converts from Amash's efforts. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite were true.

    Amash could have retired and still made his point about the two party system. If he didn't go full TDS and dive into the worst political scandal of our generation, he might have had a little credibility when doing so.
    Last edited by fcreature; 07-05-2019 at 03:09 PM.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Eh. I don't really buy into that line of thinking because I think it excuses people from accepting responsibility for their own stupid behavior. If I show up late for work tonight, I don't think claiming that I was being controlled is gonna help me keep my job.

    I'm gonna have to leave it at that. Y'all have a good weekend.
    They control people through fear and hate, things that most people that are sane can't turn off. Think of it like telling a little kid that they have to get a good night sleep or else the boogeyman will get them. That kid trusts you therefore believes you and will go to sleep.

  6. #34

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    People that they can't control get disappeared, they destroy their lives, put them into mental hospitals put them on meds gaslight them, murder them.
    I forgot buy them, everyone has a pricetag.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The guy that attacked him was being controlled. They try to control us all because they get off on it.
    It is no mistake Rand has had two attempts on his life. The deep state only hates Trump more than Rand because Trump is on the throne they believe is theirs. But I have no doubt Rand is #2 on their hit list.

    I have no doubt both attempts on Rands life were precioitated by years of "gangstalking", agents doing what they could to drive up the hatred of Rand, and make him the target of choice.

    This is not a hard psy op to pull off, especially in the days of digital fingerprints, where you can identify by browsing time the issues most important to an individual. Then you befriend the patsy, and drop suggestion or make statements to rachet up the hatred. In Rand's case there is a high chance agitators mentioned property values and landscaping multiple times, reflecting poorly on the neighbor, making the neighbor think Rands handling of his landscaping was reflecting poorly on him.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    PHUCK YOU

    He has done nothing to secure or RETURN my Rights.

    and I could care less how much "money" he makes... I have more Respect for an Honest Whore.
    She at least Earns it.
    Where are all the pearl clutchers rushing to condemn this vile attack on Rand?

    Where are you @acptulsa ?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Where are all the pearl clutchers rushing to condemn this vile attack on Rand?

    Where are you @acptulsa ?
    I remember Zippy cared so much he just assumed the lawnmower attacker was sentenced to years in prison. Cared so much could not even bother to check the facts before spouting.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    PHUCK YOU

    He has done nothing to secure or RETURN my Rights.

    and I could care less how much "money" he makes... I have more Respect for an Honest Whore.
    She at least Earns it.
    Wow.


    you are in washington state. I assume you have no property crime record. I know of multiple cannabis companies that start at 17 and dont care about your revealed record.

    if you do have stealing on your record, sucks to be you, not much sympathy from me.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Where are all the pearl clutchers rushing to condemn this vile attack on Rand?

    Where are you @acptulsa ?
    Somewhere other than jumping through that hoop of yours. Get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Somewhere other than jumping through that hoop of yours. Get over yourself.
    You are the one who needs to get over yourself and your stupid little crusade to get me banned by complaining about things that lots of other people do. (or even do worse things)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #42
    With age comes wisdom, mix that with pragmatism and you see how Ron Paul used the GOP vehicle to message the people in 07/08/12.
    Ron Paul red pilled many of us posting here today, I know his philosophy on foreign policy completely changed the way I looked at it.
    It was just so logical, but if he stayed in the shadows, millions would have never heard it.

    But let Amash stand as a warning to all Republicans that are flirting with the idea of supporting the impeachment of Trump, it's total political suicide.
    I hope that traitor Romney is watching and learning from all this.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

  16. #43
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cleaner44's Avatar


    Blog Entries
    4
    Posts
    8,208
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    At this rate, Justin will be a political household name. I hope he keeps it up. I definitely sense a larger plan here. What it is remains to be seen but name recognition is 75% of electoral politics and he's getting that in spades, with the help of the Trumpkins.
    Megyn Kelly also became a household name on her way to becoming unemployed. She lost the trust of Republicans and never gained the trust of Democrats. Not a good place to be in political television.

    Maybe Amash will be able to turn this into a gig as an NBC talk show host, but I don't see that being successful.

    Sometimes bad things happen to people and it isn't a part of some grander plan or purpose. Being a household name isn't necessarily a step to something better... just ask Larry Craig.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

    I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Wow.
    you are in washington state. I assume you have no property crime record. I know of multiple cannabis companies that start at 17 and dont care about your revealed record.
    if you do have stealing on your record, sucks to be you, not much sympathy from me.
    Pete was in prison on multiple accounts of armed robbery including a bank. he has been very open about it here. He wants his 2nd amendment rights back. I can see his position and do believe he has been "reformed"; but there is almost no way a bill restoring those rights is getting passed and its pointless for Randal to waste his time or political capital on it.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They control people through fear and hate, things that most people that are sane can't turn off. Think of it like telling a little kid that they have to get a good night sleep or else the boogeyman will get them. That kid trusts you therefore believes you and will go to sleep.
    You really can’t lay that lot solely at the feet of politicians. A lot of evil people never hold office, yet control others through fear and hate.
    Do something Dodgers.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    You really can’t lay that lot solely at the feet of politicians. A lot of evil people never hold office, yet control others through fear and hate.
    When I say they I mean TPTB, the Cabal, the Deepstate..

  20. #47
    Seriously, posting ron resignation letter from the gop is pointless because he went back and stayed for decades

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Megyn Kelly also became a household name on her way to becoming unemployed. She lost the trust of Republicans and never gained the trust of Democrats. Not a good place to be in political television.

    Maybe Amash will be able to turn this into a gig as an NBC talk show host, but I don't see that being successful.

    Sometimes bad things happen to people and it isn't a part of some grander plan or purpose. Being a household name isn't necessarily a step to something better... just ask Larry Craig.
    Thats certainly true for Hillary Clinton.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    The difference between Ron and Amash is that the former is loyal to America's heritage and tries to reinvigorate the principles of the founding generation. That resonates with people. Amash is a generic cosmopolitan libertarian who sees cultures and peoples as interchangeable.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    The difference between Ron and Amash is that the former is loyal to America's heritage and tries to reinvigorate the principles of the founding generation. That resonates with people. Amash is a generic cosmopolitan libertarian who sees cultures and peoples as interchangeable.
    Amash also seems to have no idea about how to make progress toward his goals while Ron and Rand do.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    The difference between Ron and Amash is that the former is loyal to America's heritage and tries to reinvigorate the principles of the founding generation. That resonates with people. Amash is a generic cosmopolitan libertarian who sees cultures and peoples as interchangeable.
    my only beef with Amash is he called for Trumps impeachment. I understand open border libertarians, and that is just a difference of opinion. Especially si9nce I used to be one, and have read multiple books on the subject of immigration.

    But to reward the crooks who tried to frame and destroy the duly elected president of the Untied States is unforgivable. Any other president, I *might* have been oK with it, because they were all deep state puppets, but Trump is different, and I'll not have it.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Pete was in prison on multiple accounts of armed robbery including a bank. he has been very open about it here. He wants his 2nd amendment rights back. I can see his position and do believe he has been "reformed"; but there is almost no way a bill restoring those rights is getting passed and its pointless for Randal to waste his time or political capital on it.
    Oh, I thought I read him say it was for drug dealing.

    Anyways, I keep a very unconventional weapon nearby, in case I ever get a gun in my face. Let's just say, 20 years later, they'll be alive, but they'll be wanting a lot more than just their gun rights back.

    Dude should still be locked up, IMHO. Should be happy he isn't dead, and happy America does believe in second chances.
    Should be happy he is allowed to be on the outside, paying taxes, and subject to the same oppression those of who haven't shoved a gun in someones face to steal from them, suffer.

    Now I am not a judgemental person... ..wait, I lie, I am. I don't like thieves, and I certainly care very little for anybody who has shoved a gun in an innocent person's face.

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Anyways, I keep a very unconventional weapon nearby, in case I ever get a gun in my face. Let's just say, 20 years later, they'll be alive, but they'll be wanting a lot more than just their gun rights back.
    Okay, I'll bite. Nun chucks?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Oh, I thought I read him say it was for drug dealing.

    Anyways, I keep a very unconventional weapon nearby, in case I ever get a gun in my face. Let's just say, 20 years later, they'll be alive, but they'll be wanting a lot more than just their gun rights back.

    Dude should still be locked up, IMHO. Should be happy he isn't dead, and happy America does believe in second chances.
    Should be happy he is allowed to be on the outside, paying taxes, and subject to the same oppression those of who haven't shoved a gun in someones face to steal from them, suffer.

    Now I am not a judgemental person... ..wait, I lie, I am. I don't like thieves, and I certainly care very little for anybody who has shoved a gun in an innocent person's face.
    The least he could do is refrain from attacking Rand for not tilting at his favorite windmill while defending Amash who has also not done anything to return firearms rights to felons.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Nun chucks?
    That would require a level of skill.
    My weapon only requires the will to permanently maim someone.
    (and somebody pointing a gun in my face is certain to give me the courage to destroy them)
    Even a child could use it with the same result.
    No aiming or anything required.
    Very easy. Always on the ready.
    Only drawback is it only has a range of about 10 feet at best.

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    That would require a level of skill.
    My weapon only requires the will to permanently maim someone.
    (and somebody pointing a gun in my face is certain to give me the courage to destroy them)
    Even a child could use it with the same result.
    No aiming or anything required.
    Very easy. Always on the ready.
    Only drawback is it only has a range of about 10 feet at best.
    Why not a pistol?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Why not a pistol?
    Not allowed.
    I fought the law directly when I was younger. (Used to really hate cops)
    Crime of passion means no guns allowed for me in my state.
    I get it. Even though it was a victimless crime, it was still a felony.

    Anyways, they would understand the pistol.
    They would not understand my weapon.
    Part of the charm of it.

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Nun chucks?
    When I lived in a country where guns were illegal and home invasions were not out of the question, I had a machete next to the bed.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Not allowed.
    I fought the law directly when I was younger. (Used to really hate cops)
    Crime of passion means no guns allowed for me in my state.
    I get it. Even though it was a victimless crime, it was still a felony.

    Anyways, they would understand the pistol.
    They would not understand my weapon.
    Part of the charm of it.
    So your weapon is something most people aren't familiar with?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So your weapon is something most people aren't familiar with?
    Lots of things can be fatal that you don't notice- like walking around in SF and stepping on a needle with super aids.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 12:33 PM
  2. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •