Massie being targeted by the establishment:

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul is coming to the defense of a fellow Kentucky Republican who is being threatened with a primary challenge by the national GOP in 2020.

As the Courier Journal first reported, U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie is beloved among libertarian but more establishment figures are searching for someone to boot him out of Congress.

In an interview, state Rep. Kim Moser, R-Taylor Mill, said she been approached about a possible bid against the congressman, who has been dubbed "Mr. No" by critics for regularly opposing overwhelmingly bipartisan measures.

Moser said that there are concerns about Massie's representation in the 4th Congressional District.

"Some of the issues that he focuses on really don't seem to affect the day-to-day lives of the people I work with," she said.

Paul, who ran for president in 2016, used his campaign Twitter account to declare that he has Massie's back, however.

"My friend (Thomas Massie) stands up for Kentucky and is one of the few people who can be counted on to defend your liberty," Paul tweeted. "He does what he said he would do — every day. He has my full support."
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/04/kentucky-rand-paul-supports-thomas-massie-against-republican-2020-primary-threat/1651449001/