Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash Quits Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Douchebag.
    +rep

Douchebag Don
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    AMEN.

And one the same note:

National Republicans may be maneuvering to unseat Kentucky's conservative darling, Massie
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...er/1581919001/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have donated to him in the past also, I wish I could understand what he's doing but I just can't.
    He emphasized refugees and immigration in his Op-Ed. That is the basis for a lot of the outrage against Trump, and probably a big part of his opposition to Trump.

The problem is that this issue splits libertarians, and the Tea Party types lean even more towards immigration restriction. For a person who has pro-immigration as a high priority or even their highest priority, it is a frustration. For Amash, it means he had to see at least half of his supporters disagree with him on that particular issue, and they would tend to be supporters that identified as constitutional or libertarian Republicans. So on this issue, he would see very few, if any, of those constitutional or libertarian Republicans side with him. Therefore no reason to be a Republican anymore.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope he has some method to the madness.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

“It was expected of me that I was to bow to the name of Andrew Jackson... even at the expense of my conscience and judgement. such a thing was new to me, and a total stranger to my principles.

I would rather be beaten and be a man than to be elected and be a little puppy dog. I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless[ly] and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried than to be hypocritically immortalized.”

Davy Crockett
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Why are there so many trump fans here now?
    Did all the smart people give up and move to the woods after 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by champion_thedrinker View Post
    I’m not a huge Trump fan. What I would say is that he has done more to protect the unborn than any other President. This alone is worth serious consideration.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    AMEN.

And one the same note:

National Republicans may be maneuvering to unseat Kentucky's conservative darling, Massie
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...er/1581919001/
    Wouldn't be the first time...national GOP went after Ron over and over again.

Gotta play it smarter than Amash did.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Trump is fighting the same liberal establishment that Ron Paul is fighting against. Most people who don't have TDS blinders on can see that clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

In spite of all the opposition and flak he got from the GOP, somehow Ron kept his seat in Galveston/Lake Jackson until he just didn't want to do it anymore. Maybe Amash just doesn't want to do it anymore. In a way I can't blame him. Just wish it hadn't been done like pulling a grenade pin and holding the pineapple to his own chest. Ron left office with grace. Amash is leaving with a big mess to clean up.

NOW would probably be a good time to think about who is gonna take his place.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-04-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

No, apparently they haven’t posted in years and came back to mock the majority who have remained.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    NOW would probably be a good time to think about who is gonna take his place.
    Hopefully we can replace him with someone who appreciates how Great our President is
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Hopefully we can replace him with someone who appreciates how Great our President is
    But you don't live in Michigan.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Depends on the State. It has worked for others in the past. Murkowski won as an independent in Alaska, even after losing the primary.
    I'm referring to presidential run.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    “It was expected of me that I was to bow to the name of Andrew Jackson... even at the expense of my conscience and judgement. such a thing was new to me, and a total stranger to my principles.

I would rather be beaten and be a man than to be elected and be a little puppy dog. I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless[ly] and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried than to be hypocritically immortalized.”

Davy Crockett
    YEP.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO STOP KISSING THE RING & SAY: NO.
    There is no spoon.

And sometimes you have to forget about the ring altogether and do what you can from your foothold without screaming "bonzai!" and detonating your suicide vest.

maybe it's just me but that seems like a rather unreasonable approach to advancing liberty. It's not like it's gotta be one or the other. You can be a bit more tactful about it. Public opinion is kind of a fragile thing and until this bunch actually understands that, we're just spinning our wheels.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Rand is kissing the ring?
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    No, apparently they haven’t posted in years and came back to mock the majority who have remained.
    Your guy's arrogance and and being so "principled" is not gaining us freedoms. The needle is heading in the right direction in SOME by no means all areas. With your strategy the needle is heading in the complete opposite direction. Rand and Thomas have played wisely.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another take on it.

Justin China Announces His Republican Departure…
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...can-departure/
    Justin China is specifically at risk from the ‘America First’ trade and economic policy of President Donald Trump. [Detailed Here] With extensive family financial holdings dependent on Chinese manufacturing there is a specific level of transparent self interest.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    And sometimes you have to forget about the ring altogether and do what you can from your foothold without screaming "bonzai!" and detonating your suicide vest.

maybe it's just me but that seems like a rather unreasonable approach to advancing liberty. It's not like it's gotta be one or the other. You can be a bit more tactful about it.
    So, what are we celebrating today????
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Another take on it.

Justin China Announces His Republican Departure…
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...can-departure/
    Lol. I feel like throwing a book at you.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Another on Amash's Chinese holdings.

Justin Amash’s Business Interests in China Underscore His Push to Impeach Trump
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/justin...impeach-trump/
    In Amash’s financial disclosure forms for the year of 2015, he was shown as receiving up to $1 million in annual income due to his ownership stake in Michigan Industrial Tools (MIT). MIT is the parent company of Tekton Tools, Amash’s family business, that benefits directly from Chinese manufacturing.

An article from MLive in 2010 exposed Amash as being the co-owner of Dynamic Source International (DSI), a Chinese company that was once an MIT supplier. Amash’s family have been outspoken advocates of the globalist trade status quo for many years.
    The fact is, instead of making American-made products made by American workers, Justin Amash has chosen Chinese workers to make products which he then sells in America,” said Lonny Paris, who served as campaign manager in 2010 for Amash’s Democratic opponent Pat Miles Jr.
    I am not going to mourn the loss of a politician that puts illegals, open borders and employs foreign citizens over our own. $#@! him!

Victory over tyranny? (nevermind the slow decay back into it over the course of a few hundred years)

I don't see your point. The rebels in 1776 won. I doubt if they had lost we would know their names or have much to celebrate. At some point they went from recruiting martyrs to recruiting fighters and they won. This movement seems to be perpetually seeking out martyrs. Time to move the ball forward. Let's move to a new phase, please. For the love of God, a new strategy.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-04-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

They didn't leave, most just turned because of the immigration issue. The way they see it, the more immigrants that enter, eventually becoming voting citizen, the harder it would be to elect a liberty govt. The logic is sound but I don't believe Trump is anymore anti immigration than Obama. He all talk and no action
    Last edited by juleswin; 07-04-2019 at 12:42 PM.

The birth of our great government.

The best government. Ask anyone.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He knows he is going to lose and is trying to saving face - political career by leaving the party. If he penned this op-ed first back in May and now came out against Trump it would have sounded more credible his reasons for leaving. The trick to beating Trump is not to talk about Trump, rather blow your own horn, call out bad policies and stay away from retarded far left hot button issues.
    Exactly and he was stupid for pushing for an impeachment which would never happen and based on the evidence that shows Trump didn't do anything wrong or colliding.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love you, even though you don't agree with me about Trumps motivations or understand that Trumps opposition is worse than he is, and I will fight to the death for your right to say and believe whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Your guy's arrogance and and being so "principled" is not gaining us freedoms. The needle is heading in the right direction in SOME by no means all areas. With your strategy the needle is heading in the complete opposite direction. Rand and Thomas have played wisely.
    Wrong. I see the whole $#@! house coming down at some point. I’m trying to delay it for the sake of my family and neighbors.

Trump is a blessing compared to Hillary and has allowed us some time and a fighting chance. Now we need to fight smart if we wish to right this without the violent revolution some here seem to lust over.

The needle is in a much better position than I could have imagined a few years ago. The life of the unborn being the most important.

For the time remaining, I’m going to support men who have an actual chance at fixing things in the current state things are in now. I don’t idolize him, but he happens to be the best President in my lifetime in slowing down the collapse and I do support him even as I don’t support him on certain things.

It’s the left and the fakestream media who is brainwashing people into thinking that if there is one single reason why you think Trump is bad, then you have to support the other party and hate him.

These antics work in low IQ individuals or those who have devoted themselves to some passion and are blinded to anything else around them.

What is going on with the boycott of the MSM for the parade should be clear to even a child, namely, that they are actively plotting against him. And for those who still have the delusion that he is some pawn for the DS even after this, than I fear there may be little hope for them.

Trump is the best shot we have. Maybe not the most constitutional or best mannered, but the best in terms of realistic chance in turning the ship in a better direction, as imperfect and unfinished as it is
    Last edited by TER; 07-04-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    +

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast