Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Poll: Justin Amash Underwater Beneath 20 Percent, Trails Challenger by Double Digits

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I hate how libertarians tend to virtue themselves into self-immolation. Justin Amash was $#@!ing retarded on this point.
    There's gotta be more to this whole thing. Amash is no dummy and knew what the reaction would be. Getting out as one of the last men of intellect and principle in Congress, perhaps, but I can't shake the feeling that he has something else up his sleeve.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    There's gotta be more to this whole thing. Amash is no dummy and knew what the reaction would be. Getting out as one of the last men of intellect and principle in Congress, perhaps, but I can't shake the feeling that he has something else up his sleeve.
    I doubt that he has something up his sleeve (or maybe a two of clubs at best).
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Another challenger appears. He's heir to the Meijer store fortune. And one of his first tweets was anti-war:

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Another challenger appears. He's heir to the Meijer store fortune. And one of his first tweets was anti-war:

Interesting that his Twitterfeed is full of antiwar stuff. Retweeting Gareth Porter. Also Reason.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Interesting that his Twitterfeed is full of antiwar stuff. Retweeting Gareth Porter. Also Reason.

I laughed when I first saw the Meijer name, but I'm thinking this is the guy Justin really needs to worry about.

I laughed when I first saw the Meijer name, but I'm thinking this is the guy Justin really needs to worry about.
    If he's a big anti-war guy, and he retweets Gareth Porter and Reason, then I wonder if he and Justin may be closer than it appears. Is it possible that he's not running against Justin, but is really jumping in to give Justin an ally he can pass the baton to when he decides not to run for reelection?

I didn't see any blatant attacks on Amash there.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    If he's a big anti-war guy, and he retweets Gareth Porter and Reason, then I wonder if he and Justin may be closer than it appears. Is it possible that he's not running against Justin, but is really jumping in to give Justin an ally he can pass the baton to when he decides not to run for reelection?

I didn't see any blatant attacks on Amash there.
    I don't know about Peter Meijer, but Meijer (the store) supported Amash's primary opponent in 2014.

Maybe Amash shouldn't have opened himself up to that by supporting taxpayer funded sex-change operations.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe Amash shouldn't have opened himself up to that by supporting taxpayer funded sex-change operations.
    This was his statement on The Facebook

The NDAA says nothing about transgender persons. The Trump administration can keep or change the current policy at its discretion. Sec. Mattis and the White House urged us not to adopt the Hartzler Amendment. And all the administration wants is three months to review everything.

Given the facts, circumstances, and eminently reasonable request from the Trump administration, it was not a difficult decision to vote no on this amendment. After Sec. Mattis announces the DoD’s finalized policy, we can discuss the policy with him, evaluate it, and seek changes if necessary.

Those who serve in our Armed Forces deserve the best medical care. One question we must ask and answer, with the aid of the medical community, is which treatments are medically necessary and which are simply elective. With respect to transgender persons, we should focus on the best science, not the political or philosophical opinions of partisans.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post

Those who serve in our Armed Forces deserve the best medical care. One question we must ask and answer, with the aid of the medical community, is which treatments are medically necessary and which are simply elective. With respect to transgender persons, we should focus on the best science, not the political or philosophical opinions of partisans.
    Right there he is feeding the trans insanity.

There is no scientific debate on whether tranny surgery is medically necessary, it isn't, in fact it is harmful both mentally and physically.

The measure could have saved up to $3.7 billion over the next decade by refusing to indulge these potentially mentally ill individuals with genital mutilation surgery and other health care services pertaining to their condition. The supposed fiscal conservative voted in effect to expend federal funds on this social project.
    After feeling the heat from his constituents regarding this vote, Amash first passed the buck, blaming former Defense Secretary James Mattis to his support of military transgenderism.
    “Sec. [James] Mattis and the White House urged us not to adopt Hartzler Amendment [and] all the administration wants is three months to review everything,” he said.
    The administration never confirmed Amash’s statement. It does not seem plausible that Amash, who has emerged as the top opponent to Trump in the Republican Party, would take orders from his White House.

More at: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6800919

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

Right there he is feeding the trans insanity.

There is no scientific debate on whether tranny surgery is medically necessary, it isn't, in fact it is harmful both mentally and physically.

The measure could have saved up to $3.7 billion over the next decade by refusing to indulge these potentially mentally ill individuals with genital mutilation surgery and other health care services pertaining to their condition. The supposed fiscal conservative voted in effect to expend federal funds on this social project.
    After feeling the heat from his constituents regarding this vote, Amash first passed the buck, blaming former Defense Secretary James Mattis to his support of military transgenderism.
    “Sec. [James] Mattis and the White House urged us not to adopt Hartzler Amendment [and] all the administration wants is three months to review everything,” he said.
    The administration never confirmed Amash’s statement. It does not seem plausible that Amash, who has emerged as the top opponent to Trump in the Republican Party, would take orders from his White House.

More at: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6800919
    He takes orders from the Constitution. It was only a 3 month wait. No big deal to wait.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He takes orders from the Constitution. It was only a 3 month wait. No big deal to wait.
    Nothing in the Constitution stands in the way of barring the military from spending money on insanity and it might not have been resolved correctly in 3 months.

He was virtue signalling to the left and the perverts or he was actually supporting the pervert agenda.

He was also voting for wasteful spending.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

Nothing in the Constitution stands in the way of barring the military from spending money on insanity and it might not have been resolved correctly in 3 months.

He was virtue signalling to the left and the perverts or he was actually supporting the pervert agenda.

He was also voting for wasteful spending.
    Ok so it takes 3 months and a week. Put a better one in place.
    And he wasn't voting for wasteful spending. He was voting for time in order to get a better replacement. He even said that.

virtue signaling hahaha fan of Jon Stewart I see.

Ok so it takes 3 months and a week. Put a better one in place.
    And he wasn't voting for wasteful spending. He was voting for time in order to get a better replacement. He even said that.

virtue signaling hahaha fan of Jon Stewart I see.
    That's nonsense, he specifically implied that it might be medically necessary and there was no reason not to enshrine the prohibition in law so that the DoD couldn't change their policy under another POTUS, he was pandering to the left.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

That's nonsense, he specifically implied that it might be medically necessary and there was no reason not to enshrine the prohibition in law so that the DoD couldn't change their policy under another POTUS, he was pandering to the left.
    That's nonsense, he specifically said he was voting for time in order to get a better replacement.

I'll keep repeating the truth vs something you made in your head whether you like it or not.

That's nonsense, he specifically said he was voting for time in order to get a better replacement.

I'll keep repeating the truth vs something you made in your head whether you like it or not.
    There is no point in talking with someone who denies reality:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

There is no point in talking with someone who denies reality:
    Agreed and in reality, he specifically said he was voting for time in order to get a better replacement.
    "The NDAA says nothing about transgender persons. The Trump administration can keep or change the current policy at its discretion. "

If you think he has an ulterior motive then prove it. He certainly doesn't have one on impeachment.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 07-19-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Reality, he specifically said he was voting for time in order to get a better replacement.
    Reality: He specifically implied that tranny surgeries might be medically necessary and that's why a "better" replacement was "needed".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

Reality: He specifically implied that tranny surgeries might be medically necessary and that's why a "better" replacement was "needed".
    Reality his words
    "Finally, service in all aspects of our Armed Forces cannot be guaranteed to everyone. The job of our Armed Forces is to defend our country, and the DoD should be given more leeway than other parts of the executive branch with respect to personnel decisions."

Sounds like he thinks it's not that big a deal and to let the other department handle it. btw It isn't a big deal. How long are you going to go on and steer his words in a direction where he's not going all over something as small as this? I guess this is a deal breaker for Amash. Why he most certainly can't be a defender of Liberty now. lol

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reality his words
    "Finally, service in all aspects of our Armed Forces cannot be guaranteed to everyone. The job of our Armed Forces is to defend our country, and the DoD should be given more leeway than other parts of the executive branch with respect to personnel decisions."

Sounds like he thinks it's not that big a deal and to let the other department handle it. btw It isn't a big deal. How long are you going to go on and steer his words in a direction where he's not going all over something as small as this? I guess this is a deal breaker for Amash. Why he most certainly can't be a defender of Liberty now. lol
    HIS WORDS:

It is a big deal and Congress should have banned it but I ignored this kind of thing until he endorsed the treasonous coup and the laughable "obstruction" charges.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

HIS WORDS:

It is a big deal and Congress should have banned it but I ignored this kind of thing until he endorsed the treasonous coup and the laughable "obstruction" charges.
    And after that quote
    HIS WORDS - "Finally, service in all aspects of our Armed Forces cannot be guaranteed to everyone. The job of our Armed Forces is to defend our country, and the DoD should be given more leeway than other parts of the executive branch with respect to personnel decisions."

Just because you keep repeating what you THINK doesn't make it true. If this is a big deal to you I can only imagine how you must react when something big like when the annual budget comes up.

And after that quote
    HIS WORDS - "Finally, service in all aspects of our Armed Forces cannot be guaranteed to everyone. The job of our Armed Forces is to defend our country, and the DoD should be given more leeway than other parts of the executive branch with respect to personnel decisions."

Just because you keep repeating what you THINK doesn't make it true. If this is a big deal to you I can only imagine how you must react when something big like when the annual budget comes up.
    He passed the buck while defending the idea that they might be medically necessary, he wanted the bureaucrats to have a chance to give the perverts what they wanted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The only polls that matter are the ones on election day.
    ^ This.

Big sink: Troubling Fox News poll shows 2020 loss

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...emocratic-race

That said, there is chatter of a major scandal about to explode in DC involvong MAGA's labor Sec Alex Acosta, famous laeders from both parties, businessmen and could be a big blow for Deep Zionism funded politicians.
    There is also increasing risk to MAGA 2020 funding due to Farage blunder.

Luckily Amsh is not funded by foreign lobbies/Israel Firsters neocons. His political future seems far more brighter than any Sheldon Adelson type neocns funded former reality TV star etc.

loveshiscountry

He passed the buck while defending the idea that they might be medically necessary, he wanted the bureaucrats to have a chance to give the perverts what they wanted.
    Yet you have no proof. While Amash IS quite clear and didn't make things up to fit a twisted agenda.

"the DoD should be given more leeway than other parts of the executive branch with respect to personnel decisions."

Yet you have no proof. While Amash IS quite clear and didn't make things up to fit a twisted agenda.

"the DoD should be given more leeway than other parts of the executive branch with respect to personnel decisions."
    You don't get to ignore the rest of what he said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

You don't get to ignore the rest of what he said.
    I posted what was relevant. You don't get to ignore what I posted.

I posted what was relevant. You don't get to ignore what I posted.
    You purposely ignored relevant material and posted his excuse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

You purposely ignored relevant material and posted his excuse.
    You purposely ignored relevant material in my post when I posted his reason for impeachment.

You purposely ignored relevant material in my post when I posted his reason for impeachment.
    No, I did not.

Your lies and projection don't deserve any further response.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast