Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Poll: Justin Amash Underwater Beneath 20 Percent, Trails Challenger by Double Digits

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Michigan Poll: Justin Amash Underwater Beneath 20 Percent, Trails Challenger by Double Digits

What a shame. Amash could have built a bridge with Trump and helped push the GOP in a more libertarian direction, just as Rand Paul does, but instead he chose to burn bridges. While Rand doesn't see eye to eye with Trump on many issues, he does have an open line of communication and the respect of Trump. Amash now has no influence and we libertarians will lose one of the few voices we have in D.C. TDS is a terrible disease.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI), the Michigan Never Trump GOP congressman who recently publicly backed impeachment of President Donald Trump, is now underwater in his own district according to a poll obtained exclusively by Breitbart News.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...double-digits/
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A poll obtained exclusively by Trumpkin media? Sounds legit.

Polls are meant to influence, not inform.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What if Justin actually believes what he says about impeachment? It wouldn't be very principled to say nice things about Trump just to keep his seat.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    What if Justin actually believes what he says about impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    TDS is a terrible disease.

Then we mourn the loss of a great man, to a terrible disease.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    What if Justin actually believes what he says about impeachment? It wouldn't be very principled to say nice things about Trump just to keep his seat.
    Why does Amash has to say nice things about Trump? What if he just didn't make a point to call for an impeachment he should know will never happen?

Given that Trump absolutely won't be impeached, it seems to me that the smarter approach would be to just continue working for his constituents. Lining up with AOC and the gang is the definition of political stupidity.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

What a load of sensationalistic bull. As if "double-digits" equates to some huge margin.

Michigan Poll: Justin Amash Underwater Beneath 20 Percent, Trails Challenger by Double Digits
    It ain’t over till it’s over. But what happened to Mark Sanford and Dave Brat is not a good sign.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Michigan Poll: Justin Amash Underwater, Trails Challenger by Double Digits

Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI), the Michigan Never Trump GOP congressman who recently publicly backed impeachment of President Donald Trump, is now underwater in his own district according to a poll obtained exclusively by Breitbart News.

Amash is polling at just 17 percent in the GOP primary, trailing State Rep. Jim Lower by double digits. Lower, who announced his candidacy as Amash revealed his support for impeaching Trump, is at 27 percent–a 10-point lead over Amash. What’s more, another Amash challenger, State Rep. Lynn Afendoulis, is tied with the congressman for 17 percent–meaning one challenger to the incumbent representative is beating him by double digits and a second is already tied with him.

The poll, conducted by Strategic National, surveyed 400 likely Republican voters in Michigan’s third congressional district from June 29 to July 1 and has a margin of error of 4.89 percent. Strategic National has a track record as a political consulting and polling firm for getting Michigan politics correct. In fact, it was the only firm in the nation to correctly call the Michigan victory by President Trump over Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2016, publishing a poll showing a tie between the two in the final days of the election.

Strategic National CEO John Yob, whose firm conducted the poll, said in a release obtained by Breitbart News that there are two big takeaways from this survey: First, Amash is in serious trouble and his only real path back to his congressional seat is if Democrats cross over to vote for him in the GOP primary.

“Congressman Amash has a path to victory by turning out Democrats to vote in the Republican Primary in a crowded field that isn’t represented in the topline results of the survey,” Yob said. “The results of the Democrat portion of the survey are consistent with the strong Democrat turnout he had at his townhall meeting.

Amash’s approval rating with likely GOP voters surveyed is underwater as well. A whopping 52 percent view him as “very unfavorable,” with another 19 percent saying they view him as “somewhat unfavorable.” Only 12 percent view him as “somewhat favorable” and another 12 percent view him as “very favorable.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ouble-digits/#
    Last edited by spudea; 07-03-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LMAO! As expected. He played to the lunatic left thinking it was going to help him. What a dumb-ass. All he had to do is keep it together, not be a moronic anti-Trumper and he would have been leading.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    LMAO! As expected. He played to the lunatic left thinking it was going to help him. What a dumb-ass. All he had to do is keep it together, not be a moronic anti-Trumper and he would have been leading.
    Think about it. If he actually cared about reigning in FISA abuse and government surveillance, what more perfect an opportunity would have ever arisen than now? He could have rallied Republicans around him and joined efforts with Trump, who does not want this to ever happen to another president again.

How he could blow this moment so hard is beyond me. TDS is a very sad disease.

Hopefully Amash can still pull out a victory. I don't like what hes doing calling for Trumps impeachment, but hes one of the best people we have in Congress. We can't afford to lose him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Bra-vo, Justin. What a good move you made. The liberty movement is sure in great shape!

What an idiot.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

So sad. This is horrible news, but not a surprise. Hopefully these polls are inaccurate.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Oh boy, I wonder what his challenger's politics/policies are...

Bill Summary: A resolution to encourage the Congress of the United States to continue aid and support for Israel.

Sponsors (1): James Lower (R)*
    https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/1127878

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Oh boy, I wonder what his challenger's politics/policies are...

https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/1127878

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Wow. That’s like hot off the press. What a coincidence. See the date?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Think about it. If he actually cared about reigning in FISA abuse and government surveillance, what more perfect an opportunity would have ever arisen than now? He could have rallied Republicans around him and joined efforts with Trump, who does not want this to ever happen to another president again.

How he could blow this moment so hard is beyond me. TDS is a very sad disease.
    Exactly. This is a great time to make a stink about FISA abuse. We all knew it would be abused and here it is happening at the highest level and what does Amash have to say about it? Wasted opportunity.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up Landslide Justin

Justin is the tip of the spear movement by Americans to MAGA, by dumping Trump.

Landslide victory is in the bag.

Let Liberty Reign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    ...Trump, who does not want this to ever happen to another president again.
    What in the world are you talking about? Trump's outlook is that it sure better happen to other presidents, if it happened to him.

Now that Trump is in the WH, being against FISA abuse means being against Trump.

I hope Amash wins , if he is serious about it he needs to say so . Would get more donations .
    Do something Danke

He can't, the charges are too stupid for anyone to believe.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Justin is the tip of the spear movement by Americans to MAGA, by dumping Trump.

Landslide victory is in the bag.

Let Liberty Reign.
    Only an enemy would encourage Amash to keep doing the stupid garbage that made this possible.
    You are cheering the political death of one of the best voting records in Congress.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? Trump's outlook is that it sure better happen to other presidents, if it happened to him.

Now that Trump is in the WH, being against FISA abuse means being against Trump.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump's outlook is that it sure better happen to other presidents, if it happened to him.
    Wrong, as you always are.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thumbs down Cheney neocon revival 2019

Only an enemy would encourage Amash to keep doing the stupid garbage that made this possible.
    You are cheering the political death of one of the best voting records in Congress.
    You Cheney Republicans are S L O W learners. Keep coming back.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    You Cheney Republicans are S L O W learners. Keep coming back.

You probably want the Demoncrat to win.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Wow. That’s like hot off the press. What a coincidence. See the date?
    He had never sponsored any bills until 14 May, when he suddenly decided that he needed to sponsor a bunch of do-nothing go-nowhere bills. He is the sole sponsor on every single one of his 10 bills.

It's a mystery.

Uh, he's said as much in dozens of interviews. What in the world are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Then we mourn the loss of a great man, to a terrible disease.
    R.I.P.

He's probably going to lose.

Why?

He angered Trump, and the GOP is presently Trump's bitch.

As I said weeks ago in another thread, this is exactly why (l)ibertarians ought to leave the GOP.

Run LP Justin; so what if $#@!tard loses to Biden, same thing anyway - stop pretending they're allies, $#@! them.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    He's probably going to lose.

Why?

He angered Trump, and the GOP is presently Trump's bitch.

As I said weeks ago in another thread, this is exactly why (l)ibertarians ought to leave the GOP.

Run LP Justin; so what if $#@!tard loses to Biden, same thing anyway - stop pretending they're allies, $#@! them.
    He did plenty of other things against Trump and this didn't happen, Rand has opposed Trump and this didn't happen.
    This happened because he endorsed treasonous lies.

The GOP is the only side we can work with to get anything done and we are pulling them our direction, Trump himself is closer to us than the GOP, if you actually care about making progress then we must work with the GOP until something changes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast