Thread: Weatherby Flees California for Wyoming

Weatherby Flees California for Wyoming

When Weatherby Inc. opened its doors to their new headquarters in Sheridan, Wyoming on June 13, 2019, it ushered in a lot more than customers, employees and the media. The company welcomed something they haven’t felt in years – freedom.

You see, when Weatherby packed up their people and gun-building business in Paso Robles, Calif., one thing they couldn’t bring with them was California’s support for the 2nd Amendment. It doesn’t exist. And, as Adam Weatherby discovered immediately, Wyoming doesn’t simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution, they support it openly and passionately. California’s distain for American’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms wasn’t the only reason Weatherby left. It was the biggest one though.
    “It had a significant impact,” said Weatherby. “The 2nd Amendment is very important to us and our customers. California was a different place when my grandfather started the business in 1945. Unfortunately, there had been too many restrictive laws passed in recent years at the state level to continue doing business there, and the writing on the wall is that it was only a matter of time before it would have been nearly impossible for us to operate in California.”
    Weatherby Inc. Flees California

So Weatherby left. Still, it wasn’t an overnight decision.
    “It was several years in the making,” said Adam Weatherby, “but I first spoke with former Wyoming Governor Matt Mead the fall of 2016. Things really started to move fast from there and our first personnel moved in the summer of 2018. The move was complete in June of 2019 as we celebrated with a grand opening.”
    Why did Weatherby choose Wyoming? According to Weatherby, it was a combination of their incredible people, great tax and business climate, access to premium western big game hunting, a commitment to defending the 2nd amendment and an unparalleled incentive package. How much help did Wyoming give Weatherby? Enough. According to the State of Wyoming’s Business Council, Wyoming worked with the Sheridan Economic and Education Development Authority (SEEDA) Joint Powers board to develop a $12.6 million grant package to help facilitate Weatherby’s relocation. It worked. Weatherby moved to Sheridan and brought more than 70 jobs and a projected $5 million in annual payroll over the first five years of operations in their new home.

Weatherby Finds Freedom in Wyoming

“The cost of living for our employees is better,” said Weatherby. “Our access to outdoor hunting has improved. Selling firearms has become easier. We have nearly doubled our space because of the incentive packages the state offered which will allow for significant expansion and growth. Our power bill is cheaper, as is nearly everything else that it takes to operate a manufacturing facility. I don’t have to do a background check when I buy ammunition. I can have more than 10 rounds in my pistol magazine. (And) I can own and shoot a semi-automatic rifle. To sum it all up, we feel free.”

More at: https://www.tactical-life.com/news/w...ornia-wyoming/

Good, we don't want Kalifornia having any gun factories when the civil war comes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Good, we don't want Kalifornia having any gun factories when the civil war comes.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Congratulations to Weatherby for picking a place that will value them and employees more .
    Do something Danke

They should have came to Indiana instead.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Good, leave that $#@!hole behind. In fact everyone should leave except for hollyweird and silicone valley. And then a new tech hub should start up, in Indiana?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They should have came to Indiana instead.
    'come'

I bet the California franchise tax board still comes after they claiming taxes owed for years to come. Everybody I know that has moved their business from CA has had to fight CA later on for CA claiming they owe taxes after they moved.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.