Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul BLOCKS Mike Lee's immigration bill

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It is entirely consistent for Rand or Thomas Massie or Justin Amash to make sure that bills are not passed by unanimous consent and are instead voted upon. It's about being on record and accountability.
    That's absurd.

If there's a bill to abolish the Fed, you're telling me you want Rand to kill it in the name of some procedural nonsense?

It (i.e. governing) is not about "being on record and accountability;" it's about passing good laws - end of story.

As for this story, I don't know what maneuvering Rand may have been involved in, but it looks like an anti-immigration move.

If that's so, welp, can't say I'm surprised; Rand hasn't been worth $#@! since he started licking his former primary opponent's boots.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That's absurd.

If there's a bill to abolish the Fed, you're telling me you want Rand to kill it in the name of some procedural nonsense?

It (i.e. governing) is not about "being on record and accountability;" it's about passing good laws - end of story.

As for this story, I don't know what maneuvering Rand may have been involved in, but it looks like an anti-immigration move.

If that's so, welp, can't say I'm surprised; Rand hasn't been worth $#@! since he started licking his former primary opponent's boots.
    It is what they have been doing for a long time, and have given that reason. I suppose you would criticize Ron Paul if he called for a vote only so that he could be the lone dissenter.

And we know, globalists are usually of the kind that the ends justify the means; by any means necessary. Thus truth, honesty and due process are anathema.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The bill he cosponsored in 2017 would "eliminate the per country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants."

ETA: I just noticed that the 2019 version of the bill that the OP is talking about actually doesn't include that provision. I wonder if putting that back in what Rand's amendment was. That would be consistent with his longstanding support for increasing legal immigration.
    We don’t know the reasoning, but if I had to guess, I’d lean more towards the Superfluous hypothesis. You can debate him about the motivation after he picks himself up off the floor.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It is what they have been doing for a long time, and have given that reason. I suppose you would criticize Ron Paul if he called for a vote only so that he could be the lone dissenter.

And we know, globalists are usually of the kind that the ends justify the means; by any means necessary. Thus truth, honesty and due process are anathema.
    You're a clown.

Unless I have misinterpreted the proposal, I understood it to eliminate per nation caps on H1B work visa and family sponsored visa issuance and instead revert to first come first served regardless of host nation. Nations with large domestic populations such as India and China would benefit, as they have unprocessed applicants with more than a decade of waiting time. This would have a negative impact on other nations, especially related to the H1B program as they would suddenly be in the back of the queue, as they now wait for all those decade long applicants to be processed under "first come." Not to sound racist; however, China and India H1B workers stereotypically serve certain corporate sectors above others. I'm just thinking out loud, but perhaps the corporate interest to procure H1B workers for the state of Kentucky would not be best served under such a program as the immigrant workers are not typically represented by China nor India. If this is the case, it would be in Senator Paul's best interest to serve his constituency.

loveshiscountry

You're a clown.
    aww poor little thing get upset because you didn't like the explanation? You already said "don't know what maneuvering Rand may have been involved in,". You don't know so don't comment until you do.
    Forcing a vote doesn't kill the bill. That's it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12