Thread: Apple Tells Parler To Censor Free Speech Or Lose Its App

Apple Tells Parler To Censor Free Speech Or Lose Its App

John Matze, the founder of the pro-free speech social network Parler, revealed on the platform that Apple contacted him to demand he censor “offensive” speech from the website or the big tech platform will remove Parler’s app from its App Store.
    Matze revealed on his Parler account that he was threatened with the deletion of his smartphone app if his company does not change its Community Guidelines and immediately begin removing content Apple considers “offensive.” When Matze flatly refused to comply with the tech giant’s demands, Apple prevented the Parler app from sending push notifications to users.

Big League Politics recently joined Parler, and has partnered with the pro-free speech platform to provide high quality, pro-America news to the public.

As we reported, Parler’s novel approach to content moderation is to stand firmly behind the First Amendment and the United States Constitution:
    Perhaps Parler’s most fascinating and distinguishing difference from the other big tech giants is its devotion to freedom of speech. While Facebook, Twitter, Google, and virtually every other big tech website offer byzantine rules regarding what they consider hate speech, sensitive content, targeted harassment, and other forms of behavior they consider toxic, Parler stands behind the United States Constitution’s definition of free speech.
    Parler’s Community Guidelines, a five page long, easily read and understood document available on its website, enshrines this.
    Removing Parler’s app from the store could theoretically stunt the website’s growth, even as President Donald Trump is reportedly considering opening an account on the platform as part of the social media strategy for his 2020 reelection campaign.

Gab, another social media company, had its app removed from Google Play last year, possibly suggesting a pattern of pro-censorship or anti-competitive behavior from the big tech giants.
    Big League Politics and most of our staff are now on Parler. A full list containing all Big League Politics Parler accounts is available here.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/tech-b...-lose-its-app/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will Parler survive when they depend upon Apple and Google to put out their mobile app?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand just started promoting Parler recently and Kelly just promoted it today.

Didn't take long for Parler to become a new target of the techno social justice retards.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I'll just repost what I said in the other Parler thread:

I hope I'm wrong, but I think parler is likely going to be just another off-brand tech ghetto for dissidents. Maybe more successful than gab or Minds, but not a true competitor. Alt-tech is one of our best hopes, but they need to step their game up.

Woke tech needs to be taken on with means other than just the market.

NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Welcome to Fascism, where by the merger of Corporations and Government dictate with an iron fist their own sets of LAWS (that they refer to as "policy") that flat out go against EVERYTHING that the Bill of Rights was intended to prevent.

This is TYRANNY.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.