Thread: [VIDEO] Rand Paul praises Trump's restraint

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anybody here think we wouldn't be at war with Iran by now if Hillary was President?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Does anybody here think we wouldn't be at war with Iran by now if Hillary was President?
    We still are at war with Iran, we still have sanctions on them and sell arms to the Saudis their opposition and they still chant death to America. I think with Clinton it would be hot, she would have invaded Iran through a proxy

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I love how Rand living inside a country with every kind of WMD from nuclear to chemical to biological weapons telling another country to end their conventional ballistic missile program. The Iranians should know one thing and that is the fact that Rand Paul cares more for the American people's lives than that of the Iranians. You listen to him and you may end up with the long list of countries that have been invaded because they decided to end some weapon's program the US asked them to end.

The video below is the FM of Iran telling what the country went through when they were attacked by the American proxy Iraq with no ballistic missiles to defend themselves. I give it to Rand, he is more reasonable than many in congress but I wouldn't listen to him if I cared about the lives of the Iranian people.

Every country has a right to self defense.
    Last edited by juleswin; 06-27-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I personally think that Hillary would have one upped Obama's drone wars (maybe even to the tune of a 50% increase) by taking the mantle from JSOC and giving it to the CIA. She probably would have authorized strikes on Syria by now and would most certainly be in bed with the Saudis.

If I were a betting man, I'd say she would probably have written off the murders and torture committed by the Saudi Crown in attempts to secure allegiance and promote arms sales.

And don't even get me started on the 2nd Amendment. Of course she would have promoted the idea that regulatory agencies can ban certain firearms accessories.. Hell, no doubt she would have promoted regulatory arms of the government to redefine words to meet her demands.

Thank God we have a free market businessman as our Ruler. She probably would have increased taxes, unilaterally imposed protectionist deals to determine winners and losers within industry. The results would have been catastrophic.

And the deficits!? Guaranteed that annually they'd grow to a trillion plus. Maybe she'd even put pressure on the Fed to keep interest rates artificially low? You just never know with statist, ignorant, godawful human beings, you know?

I'm so pumped up for 2020 I don't know where to begin. I have wet dreams of marginally protecting the republic from one tyrant over another. Whew!!.. Talk about excitement!!
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The guy who escalates toward war shouldn't get credit for changing his mind and deescalating at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I personally think that Hillary would have one upped Obama's drone wars (maybe even to the tune of a 50% increase) by taking the mantle from JSOC and giving it to the CIA. She probably would have authorized strikes on Syria by now and would most certainly be in bed with the Saudis.

If I were a betting man, I'd say she would probably have written off the murders and torture committed by the Saudi Crown in attempts to secure allegiance and promote arms sales.

And don't even get me started on the 2nd Amendment. Of course she would have promoted the idea that regulatory agencies can ban certain firearms accessories.. Hell, no doubt she would have promoted regulatory arms of the government to redefine words to meet her demands.

Thank God we have a free market businessman as our Ruler. She probably would have increased taxes, unilaterally imposed protectionist deals to determine winners and losers within industry. The results would have been catastrophic.

And the deficits!? Guaranteed that annually they'd grow to a trillion plus. Maybe she'd even put pressure on the Fed to keep interest rates artificially low? You just never know with statist, ignorant, godawful human beings, you know?

I'm so pumped up for 2020 I don't know where to begin. I have wet dreams of marginally protecting the republic from one tyrant over another. Whew!!.. Talk about excitement!!
    Very well said