Thread: Widespread US Crop Failures In 2019

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So will they stop putting so much corn in gasoline?

I planted no corn at all . Good year for wheat though . Seems like I will get by with beans , tomatoes , wheat , bell peppers etc
    Do something Danke

There are about three problems . Not enough corn , beans not as high as producers would like and then the larger problems of not enough revenue for property taxes because of unplanted fields for the uninsured and then the amount of payouts by the insurance co's is going to be larger than probably ever . I will choogle on just the same as ever . If Danke would just give me a few boxes of .223 I will eat deer this winter .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    I don't see failure there, just delayed planting. So will the harvest go into longer weeks too? Is that a failure, or a delay?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I don't see failure there, just delayed planting. So will the harvest go into longer weeks too? Is that a failure, or a delay?
    This seed corn in use now is kind of finicky . If you do not have it in by May 10 or so and you do not get good rain July on you lose yield . Rain has not been a problem here in four years so if they got it planted , may be OK . Most did not get many fields planted at all . Still raining every day for weeks on end and weeks yet to come . Once my war tax money starts rolling in I will get us a Keg , probably have to drink it in the garage though to stay dry .
    Do something Danke

Oh no! Only 96% of crops have been planted vs 100% last year!

Oh no! Only 89% is up and growing vs 99% last year (which saw record harvests).

Zerohedge says there will be famine in the US! (they love the scary stories!)

https://www.agriculture.com/news/cro...-crop-progress

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Oh no! Only 96% of crops have been planted vs 100% last year!

Oh no! Only 89% is up and growing vs 99% last year (which saw record harvests).

Zerohedge says there will be famine in the US! (they love the scary stories!)

https://www.agriculture.com/news/cro...-crop-progress

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Corn futures settle at a 5-year high, buoyed by expectations for a drop in production

Published: June 14, 2019 3:16 p.m. ET

Corn futures settled Friday at their highest since June 2014, up 9% for the week, lifted by expectations for a decline in U.S. corn production. On Tuesday, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates report said U.S. corn production for the 2019/2020 marketing year is forecast to decline by 1.4 million bushels to 13.7 billion, which would be the lowest since the 2015/2016 marketing year. Flooding in the Midwest had significantly slowed corn plantings way behind schedule. The most-active July corn contract CN19, +0.00% rose 11 cents, or 2.5%, to settle at $4.53 a bushel in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

I have to call BS on that. Farmers that I have talked to in Illinois and Indiana have a saying about the corn crops: “Knee high by the Fourth of July.”

It is not the 4th yet. So those may only be a little behind schedule.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Shortages of Bees as well... Record Winter die offs reported.

I have personally seen very few bees around here,, less that normal.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Dry farming is like fishing from a forklift.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Shortages of Bees as well... Record Winter die offs reported.

I have personally seen very few bees around here,, less that normal.
    I keep 'safe water'* out for bees, there are none currently, I guess 117 f is a bit warm,
    they'll come back later in the year.
    Bees are awesome little critters.

* I leave a non snagging cloth in the water, best solution I've come up with , I lose
    about zero bees that way, compared to a few to several a day in 'open water' dishes.