Thread: Charges Dropped for 119 People After Cop Caught on Video Planting Meth on

Charges Dropped for 119 People After Cop Caught on Video Planting Meth on

Charges Dropped for 119 People After Cop Caught on Video Planting Meth on Innocent Grandma

A single cop framed dozens of innocent people and once a state attorney found the body camera footage from the arrests, the victims were vindicated.

Jackson County, FL — Dozens of innocent people who were rotting in jail have been freed and their charges erased after the corrupt cop who put them there was caught on his own body camera planting meth on an innocent mother. Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputy Zachary Wester has since been fired and a slew of lawsuits are now rolling in.

Wester’s fall from law enforcement grace and the 119 people who were exonerated are due largely in part to the diligence of a single person, assistant state attorney at the 14th Judicial Circuit, Christina Pumphrey.

Pumphrey’s job as assistant state attorney included reviewing evidence before moving forward with charges against individuals. When she began reviewing cases, she found something very peculiar.

“This is an exaggeration, but it felt like his (Wester’s) name was on half the cases,” Pumphrey told The Appeal. “It was seriously disproportionate.”

When Pumphrey began watching the body camera footage from Wester’s arrests, she found something even more disturbing. Many times, Wester was seen conducting illegal searches. Also, his written affidavits did not match what she watched in the videos. But that wasn’t the most telling aspect of all these videos.

While it is no question that folks will claim that drugs found on them or in their possession “aren’t their’s” and “they don’t know how that got there,” nearly all of Wester’s cases had this. The videos showed that people were utterly shocked when Wester claimed to have found drugs in their vehicles. While a single person may have been lying, when everyone reacts the exact same way, something is up.

Although she reviewed multiple videos, Pumphrey never saw the actual act of Wester planting drugs or otherwise hiding them. However, all that changed when Wester pulled over Teresa Odom in February of 2018.

In that video, Wester pulls Odom over, claiming her tail lights aren’t working. However, it would later be revealed that her tail lights were, in fact, working fine and Wester had targeted her to frame her.

In the video, Wester is extremely nice to the woman, complimenting her, joking around, and making small talk. But in the back of his mind, he knew the entire time that he was going to plant meth on her and have her thrown in a cage—an insidious move indeed.

After threatening to have a K-9 come search her car, Wester tells Odom that she can avoid the K-9 if she just lets him search her truck himself—a huge mistake.

As the body camera shows, Wester opens the door to Odom’s truck and is cupping a small baggie with a white powder in it.

Wester would plant the substance under a red towel in her truck and then pretend to find it later. Odom would then be arrested and thrown in a cage so this officer could make himself look like a hero.

After Pumphrey began to raise red flags in her department pointing out videos like Odom’s, she says the system began to go after her.

As The Appeal reports:

Internally, however, Pumphrey said the chief assistant state attorney, Larry Basford, chastised her for sharing the videos with the sheriff’s office. “He starts yelling over the phone. What was I doing looking through all the videos? Why in the world did I find the Teresa Odom video? Why was I looking for it? And just having an absolute fit.” Basford did not respond to comment on Pumphrey’s characterization of this conversation. Pumphrey turned in her resignation the following day. She filed a whistleblower complaint, but later dropped it because she said she didn’t want it to affect her ability to represent her clients at her new state job in public defense at the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel for the First DCA Region of Florida.

continued..https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ch...ocent-grandma/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zach Wester: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

A Florida deputy has been charged with planting drugs and paraphernalia on drivers he pulled over, then arresting the innocent motorists. Jackson County Deputy Zachary “Zach” Wester, 26, was taken into custody on July 10. He faces 52 charges of racketeering, official misconduct, fabricating evidence, possession of a controlled substance and false imprisonment.

He is also charged with misdemeanor perjury, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Wester is also looking at misdemeanor charges of perjury, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Three federal lawsuits have been filed against Wester involving nine plaintiffs. At least 37 people have filed lawsuits at the state level, according to TruthOut.org.
    ccording to the arrest affidavit, Wester would stop drivers for minor traffic violations, search and discover drugs in their cars, then place them under arrest. During the search, Wester would sometimes turn his body camera off and then turn it back on again, just as he would “discover” the drugs in the driver’s vehicle.

In video made public of some of Wester’s arrests, drivers can be seen standing on the street as Wester conducted his “search,” which would typically turn up baggies of methamphetamine, marijuana or drug paraphernalia.

“There is no question that Wester’s crimes were deliberate and that his actions put innocent people in jail,” FDLE Special Agent Chris Williams said in a news release about the arrest.
    The Tallahassee Democrat reported that Wester had previously worked for the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office but left the agency after it was determined he had inappropriate relationships with multiple women, including a confidential informant arrested for methamphetamine. One deputy said Wester had an affair with his wife and then showed her nude photos to members of the department.
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/zach-wester/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

None of this will make the national news networks since they do not want to break the narrative that they are all heroes. They could potentially be reporting stories like this daily instead there will be at least one feel good police segment today and thanking them for their service.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

This bit near the start of the OP article confused the hell out of me more and more as the story went on [bold emphasis added]:

Wester’s fall from law enforcement grace and the 119 people who were exonerated are due largely in part to the diligence of a single person, assistant state attorney at the 14th Judicial Circuit, Christina Pumphrey.
    But then I got to this bit at the end and it finally made sense:

After Pumphrey began to raise red flags in her department pointing out videos like Odom’s, she says the system began to go after her. [...] Pumphrey said the chief assistant state attorney, Larry Basford, chastised her for sharing the videos with the sheriff’s office. “He starts yelling over the phone. What was I doing looking through all the videos? Why in the world did I find the Teresa Odom video? Why was I looking for it? And just having an absolute fit.” Basford did not respond to comment on Pumphrey’s characterization of this conversation. Pumphrey turned in her resignation the following day.
    There are no good cops - because the good ones always end up quitting or getting fired.

All you're left with are (1) the bad ones, and (2) the ones who enable the bad ones.

And exactly the same thing goes for district and states' attorneys.

Just remember this story the next time you hear some government prosecutor persecutor yapping about "justice" - regardless of political party or ideological "wing". Their job is to ruin the lives of as many people as possible and then make sure they stay ruined - and if it turns out some of those people are actually guilty of some kind of genuine wrong-doing, that's just a bonus.

Because $#@! Teresa Odom. Who the hell is she, anyway? Nobody "important", that's who.

Fortunately (as in cases like this), there is sometimes a limit to how far they're willing to push other peoples' tacit acquiescence to their shenanigans, once they've been exposed. As weak and unreliable as it is, this is one of the few actual checks or balances against the "just us" system (the pretty-sounding words written on all those pieces of paper you read about in grade-school civics class textbooks to the contrary notwithstanding).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-20-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    https://i.imgur.com/BwU46s8.png

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

12 1/2 years

If the stampman tells you to kiss his ass, shall he get away with it and live? Don't let your courage cool, or a few bullies scare you. We've nothing to fear but slavery. Love your liberty, and fight for it like men who know its value. Once lost it will never, never be regained.
    -Hugh Ledlie, 1774.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    12 1/2 years

At the 2:00 mark, the reporter says that previously the cop had a clean record.

This didn't seem so clean:

The Tallahassee Democrat reported that Wester had previously worked for the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office but left the agency after it was determined he had inappropriate relationships with multiple women, including a confidential informant arrested for methamphetamine. One deputy said Wester had an affair with his wife and then showed her nude photos to members of the department.
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/zach-wester/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Great news.

But please don't think this is more than a bandaid.

Now that this action is acknowledged, the question has to be asked, what are the perverse incentives that would even make a cop want to do this in the first place. Those need to be identified and removed. Because we're not talking about something that only happened to 119 people by the hands of only one cop.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)