Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven bikers killed in upstate NH crash

Exclamation Seven bikers killed in upstate NH crash

Hate to say it...but this will provide cover for the Bolsheviks in Concord to enact god-awful new restrictions on motorcycles.

RIP brothers.

I'll ride up there next week and place a wreath...$#@!ing sad.

Public’s help sought after 7 bikers die in crash with pickup

PUBLISHED: June 22, 2019 at 6:04 pm | UPDATED: June 22, 2019 at 6:06 pm

By MICHAEL CASEY and PATRICK WHITTLE

LANCASTER, N.H. (AP) — Investigators issued a plea Saturday for the public to come forward with information as they try to determine what caused a pickup truck hauling a trailer to collide with a group of 10 motorcycles on a rural highway, killing seven bikers and leaving their community reeling.

Authorities identified the pickup driver as Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, an employee of a Springfield, Massachusetts, company called Westfield Transport.

Zhukovskyy survived the accident and has not been charged, authorities said, but they didn’t release details on his condition or his whereabouts. A phone listing for him couldn’t be found.

Someone who answered the phone at a listing for Westfield Transport on Saturday and declined to give a name said the company is cooperating with the investigation.

The National Transportation Safety Board is among the agencies investigating. Authorities said they’re asking for the public’s help in the form of videos, photos or other information about the accident or the vehicles involved.

“This is one of the worst tragic incidents that we have investigated here in the state,” New Hampshire State Police Col. Chris Wagner said at a Saturday news conference in Lancaster. “It’s going to be a very lengthy investigation.”

A 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck towing a flatbed trailer of the kind used to haul cars collided with the riders around 6:30 p.m. Friday on U.S. 2, a two-lane highway in nearby Randolph, police said. Randolph is about a two-hour drive north of Concord, the capital, and a three-hour drive from Boston.

Along with the seven dead, state police said three additional people were taken to hospitals. Two of them were released Saturday. Police did not provide names.

The crash sent shockwaves through New England’s community of motorcycle enthusiasts and military veterans, which sometimes overlap. The crash involved members of Marine JarHeads MC, a motorcycle club in New England that includes Marines and their spouses.

“When something like this happens, we all feel it,” said Cat Wilson, who organizes a motorcycle charity event in Massachusetts and is a friend of some of the crash victims. “There is no tighter community than our biker community.”

The road reopened Saturday, and skid marks were still visible on the road, which has mountains and fields as a backdrop. A patch of burned grass remained.

Bill Brown, a 73-year-old military veteran and motorcyclist, arrived at the scene near a gentle curve in the road to plant flags, calling the victims “brothers in arms” and vowing to keep riding.

Members of the motorcycle community are already organizing help for the victims’ families, Wilson said. A memorial in nearby Berlin was planned for Saturday evening.

The pickup truck was on fire when emergency crews arrived. Witnesses described a “devastating” scene as bystanders tried to help riders lying in the road.

A photo posted by WMUR-TV showed motorcycles and wreckage scattered across the highway and a truck on the shoulder in flames.

The crash created a chaotic scene in the town of about 300 people.

“There was debris everywhere,” said Miranda Thompson, 21, of Manchester, who was several cars back and recalled seeing a truck in flames on the side of the highway and six motorcycles.

“People were in the grass,” she said. “There were people putting tourniquets on people, trying to make sure they didn’t move.”
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

About as $#@!ed up as it gets. I'll be interested to know if the truck driver was finger $#@!ing a sail fawn.

I have a strong opinion on this topic. I almost hit a cyclist driving at the side of the road at night. Just missed the guy by a hair. I felt sadness- for myself. My life would have been ruined by a reckless person riding a bicycle at night.

I don't like to see anyone die. But I am always disgusted when I see someone charged with manslaughter over stuff like this. Riding a motorcycle is a choice. People understand the risks. But if someone dies on a motorcycle and they weren't intentionally hit, that's on them. Bottom line is don't ban motorcycles, but don't charge people who accidentally hit and kill them. Whenever I see a motorcycle going over 40 mph, that person is making a bad life choice and shouldn't hold anyone else responsible.

" the number of motorcycle-related deaths was 26 times the number of car-related deaths" https://auto.howstuffworks.com/are-m...-than-cars.htm
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 06-22-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I have a strong opinion on this topic. I almost hit a cyclist driving at the side of the road at night. Just missed the guy by a hair. I felt sadness- for myself. My life would have been ruined by a reckless person riding a bicycle at night.

I don't like to see anyone die. But I am always disgusted when I see someone charged with manslaughter over stuff like this. Riding a motorcycle is a choice. People understand the risks. But if someone dies on a motorcycle and they weren't intentionally hit, that's on them. Bottom line is don't ban motorcycles, but don't charge people who accidentally hit and kill them.

" the number of motorcycle-related deaths was 26 times the number of car-related deaths" https://auto.howstuffworks.com/are-m...-than-cars.htm
    So, assuming the driver of the truck was grossly negligent in some way, would you be opposed to them being held civilly responsible?

Isn't that one of the cornerstones of property rights and libertarian thought, that if you you cause grave damage to life, limb or property you can be held financially liable?

Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy
    And if it develops that this guy is an illegal migrant from Trashcanistan...

RIP

''...but they didn’t release details on his condition or his whereabouts. A phone listing for him couldn’t be found.

Had the P/U driver been wearing a MAGA HAT and ran into a group of Antifas or Illegals, that info would
    be front page BOLD NY TIMES.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And if it develops that this guy is an illegal migrant from Trashcanistan...
    Who was perhaps driving drunk on a load of vodka..................
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

So, assuming the driver of the truck was grossly negligent in some way, would you be opposed to them being held civilly responsible?

Isn't that one of the cornerstones of property rights and libertarian thought, that if you you cause grave damage to life, limb or property you can be held financially liable?
    I figure that is why there is insurance in the first place .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not a dime's worth of difference between Republicans and Demoncrats.
    Yeah, well, I've determined that to be a load of utter horse$#@!, at least on a state level.

Hate to say it...but this will provide cover for the Bolsheviks in Concord to enact god-awful new restrictions on motorcycles.

RIP brothers.

I'll ride up there next week and place a wreath...$#@!ing sad.

Public’s help sought after 7 bikers die in crash with pickup

PUBLISHED: June 22, 2019 at 6:04 pm | UPDATED: June 22, 2019 at 6:06 pm

By MICHAEL CASEY and PATRICK WHITTLE

LANCASTER, N.H. (AP) — Investigators issued a plea Saturday for the public to come forward with information as they try to determine what caused a pickup truck hauling a trailer to collide with a group of 10 motorcycles on a rural highway, killing seven bikers and leaving their community reeling.

Authorities identified the pickup driver as Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, an employee of a Springfield, Massachusetts, company called Westfield Transport.

Zhukovskyy survived the accident and has not been charged, authorities said, but they didn’t release details on his condition or his whereabouts. A phone listing for him couldn’t be found.

Someone who answered the phone at a listing for Westfield Transport on Saturday and declined to give a name said the company is cooperating with the investigation.

The National Transportation Safety Board is among the agencies investigating. Authorities said they’re asking for the public’s help in the form of videos, photos or other information about the accident or the vehicles involved.

“This is one of the worst tragic incidents that we have investigated here in the state,” New Hampshire State Police Col. Chris Wagner said at a Saturday news conference in Lancaster. “It’s going to be a very lengthy investigation.”

A 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck towing a flatbed trailer of the kind used to haul cars collided with the riders around 6:30 p.m. Friday on U.S. 2, a two-lane highway in nearby Randolph, police said. Randolph is about a two-hour drive north of Concord, the capital, and a three-hour drive from Boston.

Along with the seven dead, state police said three additional people were taken to hospitals. Two of them were released Saturday. Police did not provide names.

The crash sent shockwaves through New England’s community of motorcycle enthusiasts and military veterans, which sometimes overlap. The crash involved members of Marine JarHeads MC, a motorcycle club in New England that includes Marines and their spouses.

“When something like this happens, we all feel it,” said Cat Wilson, who organizes a motorcycle charity event in Massachusetts and is a friend of some of the crash victims. “There is no tighter community than our biker community.”

The road reopened Saturday, and skid marks were still visible on the road, which has mountains and fields as a backdrop. A patch of burned grass remained.

Bill Brown, a 73-year-old military veteran and motorcyclist, arrived at the scene near a gentle curve in the road to plant flags, calling the victims “brothers in arms” and vowing to keep riding.

Members of the motorcycle community are already organizing help for the victims’ families, Wilson said. A memorial in nearby Berlin was planned for Saturday evening.

The pickup truck was on fire when emergency crews arrived. Witnesses described a “devastating” scene as bystanders tried to help riders lying in the road.

A photo posted by WMUR-TV showed motorcycles and wreckage scattered across the highway and a truck on the shoulder in flames.

The crash created a chaotic scene in the town of about 300 people.

“There was debris everywhere,” said Miranda Thompson, 21, of Manchester, who was several cars back and recalled seeing a truck in flames on the side of the highway and six motorcycles.

“People were in the grass,” she said. “There were people putting tourniquets on people, trying to make sure they didn’t move.”
    This was the first news story I saw this morning . RIP .
    Do something Danke

I regret writing what I wrote now that I read your initial comment.

That said, it would take a high bar for me to see someone as negligent. There has to be a much different standard injuring someone on a motorcycle vs injuring them in a car. A person on a motorcycle is knowingly taking a massive risk. Giving the stat I posted, I would be in favor of their family getting 1/26th the compensation of someone in a car or truck. Taking bad risks should not be rewarded.

That said, it would take a high bar for me to see someone as negligent. There has to be a much different standard injuring someone on a motorcycle vs injuring them in a car. A person on a motorcycle is knowingly taking a massive risk. Giving the stat I posted, I would be in favor of their family getting 1/26th the compensation of someone in a car or truck. Taking bad risks should not be rewarded.
    The full measure falls on those that cause harm through negligence. What's a bad risk? Should we all drive Humvee's? Suit up in bubble wrap?

Very sad and my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families and the ones who made it. Unfortunately accidents happen.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I know right where that section of road is, and based on the pictures it looks like the truck crossed the center line and wiped them all out.

At 60 mph closure speed, you're not likely to survive that in a modern, super safety, equipped car.

I don't like to see anyone die. But I am always disgusted when I see someone charged with manslaughter over stuff like this. Riding a motorcycle is a choice. People understand the risks. But if someone dies on a motorcycle and they weren't intentionally hit, that's on them. Bottom line is don't ban motorcycles, but don't charge people who accidentally hit and kill them. Whenever I see a motorcycle going over 40 mph, that person is making a bad life choice and shouldn't hold anyone else responsible.

If you can't see a group of 10 motorcycles you shouldn't even be on the road.
    "The Patriarch"

RIP brothers.
    "The Patriarch"

Were they wearing helmets?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We need stricter training requirements and licensure of motorcyclists. That, plus airbags.

Maybe some sort of auto-drive system too, collision avoidance warning systems, etc.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Wow buddy wow\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

RIP to the bikers.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

A person on a motorcycle is knowingly taking a massive risk.
    Bull$#@!.. That is the same mentality behind Reefer Madness. Full of $hit.

I ride safe.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If you can't see a group of 10 motorcycles you shouldn't even be on the road.
    A couple of survivors know exactly what happened..

Likely why the perp is in protective custody...

because they were just a bunch of bikers anyway..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If they were wearing helmets, maybe a law requiring them to wear two helmets would have saved them.

Seven motorcyclists were killed and three others injured when they collided with a pickup truck that was going the opposite direction in New Hampshire, police said.
    Curious Wording.

7 bikes all collided with the pickup... ??

The pickup was minding its own business when it was targeted and run into by 10 motorcycles?

I have the damnedest feeling that there is more to this story..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Curious Wording.

7 bikes all collided with the pickup... ??

The pickup was minding its own business when it was targeted and run into by 10 motorcycles?

I have the damnedest feeling that there is more to this story..
    It's possible it was the 10 motorcyclists who were all finger $#@!ing their sail fawn

and not the truck driver
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

ETA: Interesting comment:

Limaccia, Florida, United States, about 2 hours ago

According to one site: A West Springfield man was arrested Tuesday after an investigation determined he had been involved in a burglary at a local Home Depot warehouse in 2014, police said. The man, Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 21, was charged with third-degree burglary. He was released on a $2,500 surety bond and is scheduled to appear in Superior Court on July 27. Police Chief Carl Sferrazza said police received a call Nov. 30, 2014, from the manager of Home Depot, reporting that a burglary occurred at one of the companys warehouses on Shaker Road. Several ladders and windows were reported missing from the premises, he said.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Hampshire.html
    Last edited by donnay; 06-22-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Jesus weeping Christ...plowed right through them.

Ain't no $#@!ing helmet or safety $#@! gonna save you from that.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast