Thread: Texas Governor Orders 1000 National Guard Troops to Border

Texas Governor Orders 1000 National Guard Troops to Border

Texas Governor Greg Abbott ordered 1,000 National Guard Troops to the Mexican border Friday. The troops are tasked with supplemental staffing for new detention facilities being built by the Department of Homeland Security to free up Border Patrol agents.

“The crisis at our southern border is unlike anything we’ve witnessed before and has put an enormous strain on the existing resources we have in place,” Governor Abbott. “With the deployment of these troops, we are taking action to confront the crisis at the border and keep potentially dangerous criminals and illegal activity out of our communities. said in a press conference in the Texas Capitol. “By working together with our federal partners, we will continue to pursue a strong and comprehensive strategy to secure our border.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...ops-to-border/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Setting aside that NY Lib for just a moment, knowing that he has not tweeted such, I’ll bet states rights are not even contemplating ending the theft and transfer of wealth (welfare) across the board. Not even “republican” states.

If not, it must not be a crisis, but a way to bolster more government jobs and the slow but never ending shift toward a police state. The MIC wants your money. If not used abroad, here.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I was talking to a couple of graduates about life options,,, college, opening up businesses, and what not. The one kid said he was seriously thinking about getting a job with the government in the area of security. His thoughts were that our country is too lax on security, hinting that he thought we were “too free” as a nation, and since it is a growing field, he could find a lucrative career with the government. The first thing I thought about was “it takes a village” and “if you see something say something”, with my money.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Bravo Governor Abbott!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner