Thread: Multimeter Tips & Tricks

Multimeter Tips & Tricks

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To avoid corrosion and make for easy clean-up, I like to plastidip the leads. I generally stick with the red and black standard, per the video. But if you run into yellow, green or blue wires, you may want to have different sets of leads plastidipped in those colors too. Now this can result in a tiny change in linear measurements, but most multimeters will have a tare thickness setting to offset the size differentials. If not, you can manually calculate net length by subtracting your tare weight from your gross measurement. If you use metric though, all bets are off. Any attempt to accurately measure resistance at that point will be futile.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If you swap the red and black leads, you can measure negative distances.