Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Black Democrat Coleman Hughes Testifies Against Slave Reparations

  1. #1

    Black Democrat Coleman Hughes Testifies Against Slave Reparations



    I found this testimony of a black democrat testifying against the silliness of 2019 reparations for slavery. And this speaker I think hit the nail on the head. Watch and enjoy.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    This is slippery slope... reparations for Iraq civilians, Syria refugees, Gaza children could be next if such mindset got hold.

    National debt is already over $22T now and rising quickly by the minute.

  4. #3
    Pretty good but I disagree with what he said about what the black communities need @1:58. Americans of every color need government to get out the way so people can earn a living and I bet most of the problems he noted will take care of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Pretty good but I disagree with what he said about what the black communities need @1:58. Americans of every color need government to get out the way so people can earn a living and I bet most of the problems he noted will take care of themselves.
    Remember this, he is a Democrat who has only voted for democrats, he believes in govt so this would be completely out of character for him to ask govt and society to step out of the way. I disagreed with some of the point he made but agreed with the overall idea he was presenting. That is the idea that it is wrong to give reparations to people far and away removed from the injustice of slavery. It would do nothing but divide us even further without dealing at any justice for the victims.
    Last edited by juleswin; 06-20-2019 at 10:55 AM.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Remember Did I, he is a Democrat who has only voted for democrats, he believe in govt so this would be completely out of character for him to ask govt and society to step out of the way. I disagreed with some of the point he made but agreed with the overall idea he was presenting. That is the idea that it is wrong to give reparations to people far and away removed from the injustice of slavery. It would do nothing but divide us even further without dealing at any justice for the victims.
    Agreed. He was on point about reparations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  7. #6
    Well at least one black Democrat sees the stupidity in reparations. Now all he needs to do is leave the party.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #7
    The end is lolz!!

    "Chill, chill chill chill!!!"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  9. #8
    I thought Burgess Owens was great!

    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

    Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.


Similar Threads

  1. Revealed: Dream Democrat agenda includes reparations
    By Swordsmyth in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2018, 07:48 PM
  2. Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 03:32 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2016, 08:21 PM
  4. Serious Slave Reparations Discussion Only
    By RonPaulNewbee in forum U.S. Constitution
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 07:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •