Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran Downs $120M US RQ-4 Global Hawk Drone

Iran Downs $120M US RQ-4 Global Hawk Drone

It's getting embarrassing for US.

A 15 million dollar drone just shot down in Yemen
    and its Patriot AD systems (vs Houthi Cruise) are completely failing in Saudi Arabia.
    Now a 120 million dollar drone is shot down by Iran.
    Unlike Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria.... Iran can actually hit back hard.

Looking like it was a Israeli drone that they got from America that was shot down.

Reports that Iran used the S300 to shoot it down.
    If it can shoot down a global hawk [then] it can definitely shoot down a F35 or F16 [for sure]
    so...
    I think Russia is stopping Syria from using S-300s against Israel 100% now.

Hopefully Iranian radars prove it was in Iran's airspace.

https://twitter.com/NewsBreaking/sta...44955032289285

R&U Videos
    Iran’s air defenses allegedly shot down an American drone near the Strait of Hormuz.
    Tehran states that the UAV entered the country's airspace in the province of Hormozgan and was hit by a missile from the ground.
    They identified the drone as an RQ-4 Global Hawk.

Global: MilitaryInfo
    BREAKING: A US Navy MQ-4C drone was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. The shoot down occurred over the Strait of Hormuz in international airspace - @lucasFoxNews

Guy Elster
    US army rejects Iran's claims, says no drones were at its airspace
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-20-2019 at 06:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    It's getting embarrassing for US.

If it can shoot down a global hawk [then] it can definitely shoot down a F35 or F16 [for sure]
    so...
    I think Russia is stopping Syria from using S-300s against Israel 100% now.

https://twitter.com/NewsBreaking/sta...44955032289285

R&U Videos
    Iran’s air defenses allegedly shot down an American drone near the Strait of Hormuz.
    Tehran states that the UAV entered the country's airspace in the province of Hormozgan and was hit by a missile from the ground.
    They identified the drone as an RQ-4 Global Hawk.

BREAKING: A US Navy MQ-4C drone was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. The shoot down occurred over the Strait of Hormuz in international airspace - @lucasFoxNews

Guy Elster
    US army rejects Iran's claims, says no drones were at its airspace
    Ummm...why would it be easier to shoot down an F35 than a global hawk? I get the F16. It's older and less stealthy than the global hawk. But the F35 is newer and, despite its problems, is presumably stealthier. Also the Russians have had much longer to tune their radars to the global hawk.

I agree that Russia has most likely told the Syrians not to attempt shooting down any U.S. aircraft. They don't want to start a shooting war with us.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummm...why would it be easier to shoot down an F35 than a global hawk? I get the F16. It's older and less stealthy than the global hawk. But the F35 is newer and, despite its problems, is presumably stealthier. Also the Russians have had much longer to tune their radars to the global hawk.

I agree that Russia has most likely told the Syrians not to attempt shooting down any U.S. aircraft. They don't want to start a shooting war with us.
    good question/reasonable. the .mil 'nerds' who analyse/theorize/postulate continuously on their own forums get into massive disputes and pissing contests over it.
    The quote comes from within those circles. the exact 'details' and 'assumptions' idk.

https://twitter.com/FearDept/status/1141632837004611585

Compact News‏ @NewsCompact
    BREAKING: Iran tried to shoot down another drone, but missed - US officials tells Fox News
    (prove it. show me.)

Breaking: Russian President Putin says use of force against Iran would trigger a catastrophe
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-20-2019 at 07:28 AM.

and now..... **drum roll***

Brasco_Aad‏ @Brasco_Aad · 3 min.
    US media: Panic broke out in the White House today after a Houthi cruise missile hit a Saudi desalination plant in its heart.
    Senior US officials were ordered to rush back to the White House to analyze the situation.

The optics of this helps both the Iran narrative locally and the western warhawk narrative that they are going to shut down the strait of Hormuz. Their civillians are probably under a false sense of security because they think that their government can stop any aerial attack against their country. I am betting that the overall coverage of this will be obfuscated so that people just see the headline that says the United States navy was attacked in international air space. Lots of countries would jump on board the neocon train if they thought their economy was in danger of being disrupted.

Claim: 'IRAN DOWNS US DRONE', 'PUTIN WARNS USA'

Early reporting can be foggy, inaccurate or incomplete .. let's wait till all the facts are out :

Iran Revolutionary Guard shoots down US drone amid tensions

By NASSER KARIMI and JON GAMBRELL43 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran’s Revolutionary Guard shot down a U.S. surveillance drone on Thursday amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington over the collapsing nuclear deal with world powers, American and Iranian officials said, though they disputed the circumstances of the incident.

The Guard said it shot down the RQ-4 Global Hawk drone over Iranian airspace, while the U.S. said the downing happened over international airspace in the Strait of Hormuz. The different accounts could not be immediately reconciled.
    The U.S. military’s Central Command called it an “unprovoked attack” and President Donald Trump tweeted that “Iran made a very big mistake” in shooting it down.

Previously, the U.S. military alleged that Iran had fired a missile at another drone last week that was responding to the attack on two oil tankers near the Gulf of Oman. The U.S. blames Iran for the attack on the ships; Tehran denies it was involved.
    https://apnews.com/e4316eb989d5499c9828350de8524963

Related

Like Iraq War, an Iran War could also lead to rise in anti-semitism in US

The neoconservative push for war with Iran is not in the American people’s interest
    May 13, 2019

Oman Gulf Oil Tankers on Fire, 1 Sunk (Tonkin v2.0?)

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Early reporting can be foggy, inaccurate or incomplete .. let's wait till all the facts are out :

https://apnews.com/e4316eb989d5499c9828350de8524963

Related

Like Iraq War, an Iran War could also lead to rise in anti-semitism in US

The neoconservative push for war with Iran is not in the American people’s interest
    May 13, 2019

Oman Gulf Oil Tankers on Fire, 1 Sunk (Tonkin v2.0?)
    This is you assuming that Trump is only working for American interest. We do have allies who depend on us and who help us when we are trying to create more Arab refugees for middle America. How about their interests enhanced_noob?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

BAMS-D should NOT be flying into contested airspace,
    but the kicker is it did not fly out of Sicily but the UAE. The UAE base has been operations for Mossad and UAE
    training of the false-flag operations we have seen involving tankers.

"The drone shot down by the Iranians is an older BAMS-D Global Hawk. @USNavy only had 4 of them. Conducted surveillance missions in Middle East for about 10 years. Flew out of al-Dhafra Air Force Base in UAE."

That quote is only 2 hours old and from Craig Whitlock of the Washington Times.

I am therefore wondering if the pro-war infiltrators working in al-Dafra somehow temporarily extended
    the mission enough to cross the BAMS-D into Iranian air space intentionally.

Moreover, its expendable. That's also a reason to be suspect of mission from al-Dhafra.
    "The drone that was shot down was likely an RQ-4 BAMS-D demonstrator—the developmental precursor to what became MQ-4C Triton—belonging to the Navy. BAMS-Ds were recycled Block 10 RQ-4A airframes the USAF no longer wanted. " @aviation_Intel

Did not know UAE and Israel were such military allies... but then 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' rationale could be at work.

In related news, Drudge coverage seems bit dramatic and already sounding alarms:

ASKED IF US WILL STRIKE IRAN, TRUMP SAYS 'YOU'LL SOON FIND OUT'...
    PENTAGON: DROME WAS OPERATING IN INTERNATIONAL AIRSPACE...
    OIL SPIKES 6%...

Oil prices jump more than 5% after Trump says Iran made a ‘very big mistake’

Published Thu, Jun 20 2019 5:52 AM EDT Updated 23 min ago
    VIDEO01:01

Oil markets are moving after Trump tweets response to US-Iran drone incident

Oil jumped as much as 6% on Thursday after Iran shot down a U.S. military drone, prompting President Donald Trump to blast Tehran on Twitter and fueling concerns of a conflict between the two countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VZ-Ya6Vvo

Whole story sounds like bunk .
    Do something Danke

So brazen, so predictable... They're not even trying anymore.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

SouthFront
    Gulf Conflict: Iran Shot Down US Global Hawk. Houthis Struck Saudi Arabia With Cruise Missile

(bolton giggling.)

BREAKING: Arabiya reporting that US Decision on #Iran Response will be “within hours” & Trump will meet Military leaders

Also said US sending naval assets to where the drone was shot near Hormuz

It's coming. The greatest $#@!storm of our times, pulled by the orange muppet and his globalist/zionist masters.

... better top off your tank.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...27781354639361

Al Arabiya English
    Breaking: Washington’s decision regarding a response to Iran’s downing of a US drone will be taken after consulting allies, a White House official tells Al Arabiya.
    https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...of-Hormuz.html

Compact News
    BREAKING: Reports out among the response proposals for President Trump is a limited strike against the Iranian Revolutionary Guard

HansNichols
    “You will soon find out” Trumps says when asked if he will strike Iran.
    (what congress? what constitution? what me worry?)

Cornelius Hamelberg
    Jerusalem Post: U.S. Bombing Of Iran "Will Be Massive But Will Be Limited To A Specific Target"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...pecific-target

Eamon Javers
    Per pool reporter: Shooting drone down might have been a mistake by an Iranian general, says Trump.
    “I find it hard to believe it was intentional.”

Wat?

kyle wheeler
    Literally their foreign minister said it wasn’t a mistake on Twitter.
    What a clown.

https://twitter.com/russian_market/s...50439815389184

FLASH: Republican and Democratic congressional leaders have been invited by the White House to a briefing on Iran. The briefing will take place at 3 PM EST - @NBCNews

Ted Bolt
    U.S. military says drone was 34 km from Iran when it was shot down
    http://dlvr.it/R6z79r

(But where was it before it was shot down? the question the Pentagon won't answer.)

India responds....

https://twitter.com/indiannavy/statu...93211674435584

I was waiting 4 this since OP. Iranian radar. eeyup.

Middle East Strategic Perspectives
    Iran says will take drone incident to UN to show US "lying" via @AFP

Trump says Iran drone downing was "accidental" but "a very big mistake".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48711229

US drone: Trump says Iran made a 'very bad mistake'

drone over the Strait of Hormuz, President Donald Trump says.

However, he told reporters it could have been the result of human error, saying: "I find it hard to believe it was intentional."

Iran said the drone had violated Iranian airspace, but the US military denied this.

The incident comes amid escalating tension between the two countries.

Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said Iran would take its complaint that the US "encroaches on our territory" to the UN.

"We don't seek war but will zealously defend our skies, land and waters," he said on Twitter.

What did Trump say?
    Speaking at the White House, he called the drone's downing a "new fly in the ointment".

Mr Trump said it was "documented" that the unmanned drone had been over international waters and not in Iranian airspace.

"I think probably Iran made a mistake - I would imagine it was a general or somebody that made a mistake in shooting that drone down," he said.

"It could have been somebody who was loose and stupid,"
    he added.
    More at link.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump says they didn't mean to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48711229

US drone: Trump says Iran made a 'very bad mistake'

Iran "made a very big mistake" in shooting down a US military surveillance drone over the Strait of Hormuz, President Donald Trump says.

However, he told reporters it could have been the result of human error, saying: "I find it hard to believe it was intentional."

Iran said the drone had violated Iranian airspace, but the US military denied this.

The incident comes amid escalating tension between the two countries.

Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said Iran would take its complaint that the US "encroaches on our territory" to the UN.

"We don't seek war but will zealously defend our skies, land and waters," he said on Twitter.

What did Trump say?
    Speaking at the White House, he called the drone's downing a "new fly in the ointment".

Mr Trump said it was "documented" that the unmanned drone had been over international waters and not in Iranian airspace.

"I think probably Iran made a mistake - I would imagine it was a general or somebody that made a mistake in shooting that drone down," he said.

"It could have been somebody who was loose and stupid,"
    he added.
    More at link.

https://twitter.com/FearDept/status/1141632837004611585

BREAKING: Iran tried to shoot down another drone, but missed - US officials tells Fox News
    (prove it. show me.)

Breaking: Russian President Putin says use of force against Iran would trigger a catastrophe
    What message is the revolutionary guard commander sending ? I know he is not sending me any messages or he would use smoke signals . Is it the drones he does not like or the sanctions ? He should elaborate .
    Do something Danke

Iran's S-300 is an improved variant.. just like everything else in their arsenal,,, the homegrown variants have improvements over the originals..
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-20-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

good question/reasonable. the .mil 'nerds' who analyse/theorize/postulate continuously on their own forums get into massive disputes and pissing contests over it.
    The quote comes from within those circles. the exact 'details' and 'assumptions' idk.
    One difference is maneuverability. A drone has no human pilot to constrain the g-force that the aircraft can undergo while maneuvering. The only constraint on a drone is the strength of the aircraft structure.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

One difference is maneuverability. A drone has no human pilot to constrain the g-force that the aircraft can undergo while maneuvering. The only constraint on a drone is the strength of the aircraft structure.
    Yeah, but global hawks are notoriously less maneuverable than other aircraft.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Question Trump University diversity - Iranian Student refugees

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is you assuming that Trump is only working for American interest. We do have allies who depend on us and who help us when we are trying to create more Arab refugees for middle America. How about their interests enhanced_noob?
    Maybe Trump University would benefit from the cultural diversity of some Iranian Student refugees?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Iran Downs US Spy Drone: Who's The Aggressor?

Jun. 20 - The downing of a US spy drone near (or within) Iranian airspace has - conveniently for neocons - raised tension and further boxed in President Trump. Pressure on Trump for a military response to Iranian "aggression" will increase. Will he take the bait this time? Or will more such provocations be needed? We look at the options in today's Liberty Report:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

https://twitter.com/PressTV/status/1141758415812931584

Corpus Delcti ... the dead body. Iran has it.

Iran has drone debris as per Java Zarif. They were taken from Iranian territorial waters.

Ali Özkök
    @Ozkok_A
    Iranian home-made missiles costing $2500 detected and downed such a sophisticated US Navy RQ-4A Global Hawk drone price tag cost of roughly $123 million. Via @ejmalrai
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-20-2019 at 02:47 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Maybe Trump University would benefit from the cultural diversity of some Iranian Student refugees?

When the world bring a capitalist lemons, they make lemonade out of it. The new Iranians that would be settled in North Dakota are going to help diversify the ethnic food options available for the city. More authentic Iranian foods, more men and women to choose from and new language to learn etc etc, who in their right mind would turn down more food options. Not me, I envision a rainbow coalition in America from every corner of the world we decide to bomb and so does the average American. If not, they wouldn't continuously vote in and re-eelect warmongers.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Why does everyone seem to believe state run media? Do people only think western governments lie? I thought everybody lies.
    For one, nobody lies all the time even Alex Jones and its more believable that they wouldn't wanna provoke the Americans by attacking her drone in international waters but instead shot it down while it was in their territory. I don't doubt the State dept all the time they also tell the truth some times.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Why does everyone seem to believe state run media? Do people only think western governments lie? I thought everybody lies.
    avoiding the obvious preliminary debate like who's provoking who... etc. etc. and the worldwide aggression... etc. etc.
    what you say (on it's face) is true.
    They're WILLING to show the WORLD the evidence....
    THAT
    would be the diff.
    I will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What message is the revolutionary guard commander sending ?
    This coastline is actively guarded.. Invade elsewhere.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    For one, nobody lies all the time even Alex Jones and its more believable that they wouldn't wanna provoke the Americans by attacking her drone in international waters but instead shot it down while it was in their territory. I don't doubt the State dept all the time they also tell the truth some times.
    I tend to look at both sides of the argument and try to confirm whatever facts I can and then try to look at the motivations that each side would have for lying. The only news source that I think does a good job at presenting the truth is the Liberty report, everything else I always assume is lying and try to see what their opposition is saying. News is propaghanda and most of them will report whatever their state tells them to report or they are tricked into it. The Iranian regime has just as much of an incentive to keep their arms race going as well. There are rich people on both sides benefiting from tax collected from citizens that don't give a $#@! about anything but profit and have more control over their country than the people do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast