Thread: California: America's First Third World State

California: America's First Third World State

Medieval diseases, gangs, corruption, crime, crumbling infrastructure, out-of-touch wealthy elites …

‘Third World” is now an anachronistic geographical term of the old Cold War. But after 1989, “Third World” was reinvented from a political noun into an adjective to mean more than just Asian, African, and Latin American nations nonaligned with either the West or the Soviet bloc.

Rather, the current modifier “Third World” has come to transcend geography, politics, and ethnicity. It simply denotes poor failed states all over the globe of all races and religions.

Third World symptomologies are predictably corrupt government, unequal or nonexistent applicability of the law, two rather than three classes, and the return of medieval diseases. Third World nations suffer from high taxes and poor social services, premodern infrastructure and utilities, poor transportation, tribalism, gangs, and lack of security.

Another chief characteristic of a Third World society is the official denial of all of the above, and a vindictive, almost hysterical state response to anyone who points out those obvious tragedies. Another is massive out-migration. Residents prefer almost any country other than their own. Think Somalia, Venezuela, Cuba, Libya, or Guatemala.

Does 21st-century California increasingly fit that definition — despite having the nation’s most amenable climate and most beautiful and diverse geography, with major natural ports facing the dynamic Asian economies, and being naturally rich in timber, agriculture, mining, and energy, and blessed with a prior century’s inheritance of effective local and state government?

Much much more reality here...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...nfrastructure/
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's amazing how anybody can continue to live in that state. My brothers best friend of 25 years moved there with his wife back in December of last year. From what he told me his rent is like 30k a month. I don't even want the people living there to move. They should rot in the mess they created. If they move to another state, they'll just continue to vote Demorcat and infect their new state with the same poison that they used to effectively kill California.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 06-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It's amazing how anybody can continue to live in that state. My brothers best friend of 25 years moved there with his wife back in December of last year. From what he told me his rent is like 30k a month.
    This video says pretty much the exact opposite of the OP (15:35 - 17:50)

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    @Swordsmyth

Might be closer to a marble or a golf ball than a beebee, but he makes some good points: 15:35 - 17:50

My rent is 1100/mo, but it's a studio and part of a main house with a nice backyard. It's also in one of the more expensive cities in the country.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Today where I live, it was 70 degrees and partly sunny.

One month ago from today, it was 70 degrees and partly sunny.

One month from now, it will probably be 72 or 74 degrees and sunny.

In the winter, it is typically 66 and mostly sunny during the day. Sometimes it will even be 70.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

In the winter, it is typically 66 and mostly sunny during the day. Sometimes it will even be 70.
    Yesterday your taxes were too high. Today your taxes are too high. And two months from now your taxes will be too high.

And that's like the fifth worst thing about the state.

I'll take sweltering heat or extreme cold over living in mild climate any day if it means I'm not living in a Hep A, feces infested, communist [literal] $#@! hole.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

New York is #1 craphole in the USA. More people have left that F'd up State, and polluted California, Florida and other formerly beautiful places.

# 2 is Massachusetts.

3) Illinois.

California might be the 4th most third world like now, but it's only because those people moved here!
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 06-18-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Yesterday your taxes were too high. Today your taxes are too high. And two months from now your taxes will be too high.

I'll take sweltering heat or extreme cold over living in mild climate any day if it means I'm not living in a Hep A, feces infested, communist [literal] $#@! hole.
    I highly suggest you watch the video I posted.

California has plenty of different kinds of places to live. You can live in a city, a suburb, rural, desert (actually cheap), mountains, oceanside, small towns and everything in between.

The only places where all the bad stuff is happening are places that most people live nowhere near, and are very easy to avoid.

There are a lot of leftists here, but the majority of people here don't pay attention to politics at all.

The taxes suck, but generally the people here are nice (because of the weather), and the weather is very nice.

I have had a couple of bikes stolen, but in well over 30 years that is the only crime I've had committed against me. Two bikes stolen.

If you live outside of the crime-ridden areas in the major cities, the crime rate is really low. I am amazed at how safe I've felt my entire life, living where I have. I've been to a lot of places across the country and most of them seem pretty $#@!ty and have a lot worse problems with crime compared to most places in California.

The major issue with California is that where it is really bad, it is REALLY bad. But outside of that, there is a reason so many people live here. And I'll bet in the years to come, a lot of the people who moved out of California will move back when they have the opportunity and realize what they are missing out on by living in places that have $#@!ty weather and not much going on.. and most of them are probably dealing with higher crime rates.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are a lot of leftists here, but the majority of people here don't pay attention to politics at all.
    No denying that...

That's how you get Soviet-esque Uni-Party command and control.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Unless it rains. Or the Santa Ana blows.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-18-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Sounds absolutely gorgeous.

I agree 100%.

Wish I could move there...I do envy all the good folks who can stay there and live their lives in a virtual paradise.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

It's amazing how anybody can continue to live in that state. My brothers best friend of 25 years moved there with his wife back in December of last year. From what he told me his rent is like 30k a month. I don't even want the people living there to move. They should rot in the mess they created. If they move to another state, they'll just continue to vote Demorcat and infect their new state with the same poison that they used to effectively kill California.
    $30,000

Or $3000

??

I highly suggest you watch the video I posted.

California has plenty of different kinds of places to live. You can live in a city, a suburb, rural, desert (actually cheap), mountains, oceanside, small towns and everything in between.

The only places where all the bad stuff is happening are places that most people live nowhere near, and are very easy to avoid.

I own a hundred acres "in the desert" that is absolutely worthless because no one wants to buy it because it is in Ca. Too many regulations for the new buyer to have to deal with. I can't even borrow against and use it as collateral because the banks say it is worthless because it is in Ca. I am going to end up losing five generations of equity and give it away to the county just to not pay the extremely high taxes on a hundred acres of absolutely now worthless property.

The trickle down obstruction $#@! from the state insanity has killed it everywhere man... Seriously... There is NOWHERE in Ca worth spending one dime on. And the smart productive people all moved out because of it.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

I grew up in Ca , great weather, but they do get a week or two of really fkd
    hot , humid , miserable days.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    New York is #1 craphole in the USA. More people have left that F'd up State, and polluted California, Florida and other formerly beautiful places.

# 2 is Massachusetts.

3) Illinois.

California might be the 4th most third world like now, but it's only because those people moved here!
    I think you mean #1 is NJ they give illegal immigrants more financial aid than actual citizens
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    $30,000

Or $3000

??
    If it is on the beach it could be 30k...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sounds absolutely gorgeous.

I agree 100%.

Wish I could move there...I do envy all the good folks who can stay there and live their lives in a virtual paradise.
    Thank god the weather is kind to all those homeless...

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    If it is on the beach it could be 30k...
    Right , but that would completely miss the entire topic, not to mention that fact, I
    think he just fkd up, and meant 3000 which makes more sense.
    You could rent a floor in Manhattan for 100,000 , but wtf for .....: )
    and how would that fit into a conversation about costs in Ca ? , it wouldn't if
    you catch my drift , omg, we lost anchor.............

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Right , but that would completely miss the entire topic, not to mention that fact, I
    think he just fkd up, and meant 3000 which makes more sense.
    You could rent a floor in Manhattan for 100,000 , but wtf for .....: )
    and how would that fit into a conversation about costs in Ca ? , it wouldn't if
    you catch my drift , omg, we lost anchor.............
    My Cuz and his best friend were paying 5k a month back in 82 for a small apartment they had on Newport beach when they worked for DeLorean Motor Company.

My Cuz and his best friend were paying 5k a month back in 82 for a small apartment they had on Newport beach when they worked for DeLorean Motor Company.
    Newport beach is 5 times the rent of Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, Anaheim , etc............

Like I said , I grew up there.

My beachfront apartment in Redondo ran me 2100/month in the .com era. Loved it -- slept with my balcony door open year round to the sound of the waves, I would put my dive gear on in my apartment, go down the elevator over the sand and be down 80ft in submarine canyon a few minutes later -- but you'd have to pay me a fortune to even considering moving back.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 06-18-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My beachfront apartment in Redondo ran me 2100/month in the .com era. Loved it, but you'd have to pay me a fortune to even considering moving back.
    They were only a few houses away from the the famous Beachball bar in the tourist area. Yep, 5k a month in 82.

Ever go drinking at Naja's place in Redondo? Something like 700 brands of beer? We know them well...

They were only a few houses away from the the famous Beachball bar in the tourist area. Yep, 5k a month in 82.

Ever go drinking at Naja's place in Redondo? Something like 700 brands of beer? We know them well...
    I lived in the closest apartment building to the pier, so yeah. You could see the building in the intro sequence on Simon and Simon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I lived in the closest apartment building to the pier, so yeah. You could see the building in the intro sequence on Simon and Simon.
    The Dad Bin was pretty cool when he was alive, We were good friends. The rest of the family are $#@!s. Ever stop at that truckstop on the middle of the Mojave on the way to the river? That is them... Same crew...

They stole Dannno's bike when he was a kid and it $#@!ed him up a lot . It pushed him into a life of weed and sex . When nobody is watching he probably listens to rap music too .
    Do something Danke