Thread: Japan hit by 5.2 Magnitude earthquake

Japan hit by 5.2 Magnitude earthquake

https://twitter.com/SputnikInt/statu...32623442903040

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Russian Fake News.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Russian Fake News.
    I thought it might be Russia testing an earthquake machine.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I thought it might be Russia testing an earthquake machine.
    If it is, 5.2 is the worst, it's a disaster. America could do much better. 6.5 at least.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Check out YT channel Dutchsinse for explanations of how quakes work. That dude knows his stuff and was accurately predicting the locations and magnitudes of quakes until apparently he was threatened to stop making the predictions.

West Coast of the US coming soon. And it won't be because of some dumb ass Russian quake machine excuse.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-18-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...an/1485687001/

Tsunami warning was lifted after two hours. No major damage reported.

Earthquake rocks Japan, triggering fears of tsunami

A magnitude 6.8 earthquake struck off northwestern Japan on Tuesday, triggering a two-hour tsunami advisory for three prefectures in the region.

The Japan Meteorological Agency said the quake struck Tuesday night at 10:22, or 9:22 a.m. EDT, 30 miles southwest of Sakata and more than six miles below the surface. Sakata is about 200 miles north of Tokyo.

Officials in Murakami, a city of 60,000 people in Niigata Prefecture, told Japan's Kyodo news service the jolt from the quake rumbled for about a minute. There were no immediate reports of serious damage, however.

Some train lines suspended operations, and Tohoku Electric said about 8,200 homes and businesses were without power. No problems were reported at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa, a nuclear plant in the region.

The tsunami advisory was for Yamagata, Niigata and Ishikawa Prefectures. Japan Meteorological Agency said the first small wave of tsunami reached Awashima Island in Niigata Prefecture at 11:05 p.m. The wave reached Sakata in Yamagata Prefecture a short time later before the tsunami advisory was lifted.

Earthquakes are not uncommon in Japan, and the coastal region in Niigata has been shaken by major quakes in the past. A 2007 magnitude 6.6 quake killed 11 people and injured 1,000 more.

In 2011, Japan was rocked by the magnitude 9.0 Great East Japan Earthquake. It triggered a massive tsunami that flooded more than 200 square miles of coastal land. More than 15,000 died in the disaster, and two nuclear power plants were severely damaged and have not been in operation since.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Check out YT channel Dutchsinse for explanations of how quakes work. That dude knows his stuff and was accurately predicting the locations and magnitudes of quakes until apparently he was threatened to stop making the predictions.

West Coast of the US coming soon. And it won't be because of some dumb ass Russian quake machine excuse.
    Ding ding. 6.4 Cali quake biggest in decades.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ornia-july-4th
    Last edited by devil21; 07-05-2019 at 10:34 PM.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Ding ding. Cali quake biggest in decades.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ornia-july-4th
    That being the largest quake in CA in 20 years shows we really don't get many large quakes. 6.5 is moderate but not major.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That being the largest quake in CA in 20 years shows we really don't get many large quakes. 6.5 is moderate but not major.
    The recent Cali quakes are patterning like foreshocks though. Hopefully there's not an 8+ building up but I wouldn't be surprised if one hit in the next couple months. There's been reports of increasing methane leakage and unusual (even by Cali standards) tar pit area activity.

The recent Cali quakes are patterning like foreshocks though. Hopefully there's not an 8+ building up but I wouldn't be surprised if one hit in the next couple months. There's been reports of increasing methane leakage and unusual (even by Cali standards) tar pit area activity.
    Tar seeping at La Brea Tar Pits is actually pretty normal. Since 1800, there have only been 15 earthquakes 6.5 or larger (none 8.0 or higher). https://www.conservation.ca.gov/inde...ig-quakes.aspx

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...brea-tar-pits/

Tar, Natural Gas Rises Up Onto Streets Near La Brea Tar Pits

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – A large puddle of tar encroached on the sidewalk and natural gas appeared to rise from the street of the Miracle Mile in Los Angeles Friday.

CBSLA’s Brittany Hopper was standing near the puddle located across the street from The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum, a national natural landmark where tar has been seeping up from the ground for tens of thousands of years.

When CBSLA reached out to the Los Angeles Police Department, they said they were unaware of the situation.

The Page Museum, who reportedly runs the tar pits, has not been in contact regarding the situation.

As of Saturday morning, it was unclear if and when crews would begin to stop the tar from seeping out further.

And on Saturday, more seepage. Enough to draw the interests of tourists and residents alike.

CBS2’s Jake Reiner said tourists and residents alike have been coming to the area marveling at the bubbling tar.
    Saturday evening, locals told KCAL9’s Jeff Nguyen that they have become quite accustomed to seeing tar oozing up through the sidewalks — just not this much of it.

“I’ve lived here for about 20 years,” said Andrea Ross-Greene, “and this is the worst it’s ever been.”

Miracle Mile resident Matthew Kogan concurred.

“You see a little bit of tar oozing up between the pavement,” Kogan says, “all over the neighborhood. That’s not unusual but this seems to be flow tar. I’ve never seen this before.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.

You were saying what Zippy?

7.1 tonight.

They're getting bigger.

You were saying what Zippy?

7.1 tonight.

They're getting bigger.
    You were right. They had said there was a 20% chance of a larger one and now they are saying six percent of one bigger than 6.0 so while there are still aftershocks, they think it is starting to calm down.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...rn-california/

The 6.4 quake is now considered a foreshock to Friday’s event.

Since yesterday, there were more than 1,400 smaller quakes. The largest recorded about 5.0.

Caltech on Thursday said there was a 6 percent chance there would be a quake of 6.0 or larger rocking the same area in the coming days.
    However later in that same article:

Jones says there is “no reason” to think we won’t see more large earthquakes in Southern California following the recent activity centered near Ridgecrest.

The largest aftershock to a 7.1-magnitude earthquake, felt Friday, would be about a magnitude 6, she said. Jones also said aftershocks for a quake of this magnitude would last many months, if not years. As of 10:30 p.m. she said there had been two 5.0 aftershocks and about 16 4.0 shakers. She said the probability of a 6.0 aftershock in the next week was as high as 50-60 percent.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-06-2019 at 10:15 AM.

"They" will never tell the truth about any of it, even if they know the Big One is coming. I'm not saying it is but the pattern is disturbing and also coincides with various celestial events and energy activity outside of the planet.

"They" will never tell the truth about any of it, even if they know the Big One is coming. I'm not saying it is but the pattern is disturbing and also coincides with various celestial events and energy activity outside of the planet.
    They are unable to predict when and where an earthquake will strike.

They are unable to predict when and where an earthquake will strike.
    They should talk to dutchsinse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They should talk to dutchsinse.
    Odd that he didn't forecast the California quakes for this week if he is so good at predicting them- the biggest quake in 20 years and the "expert forecaster" missed it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-06-2019 at 07:54 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Odd that he didn't forecast the California quakes for this week if he is so good at predicting them.
    His record is much better than theirs and he did predict the second one if I remember correctly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment