Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump tweet: ICE rounding up millions of illegals next week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trump tweet: ICE rounding up millions of illegals next week

Probably more Trump admin fake news.....but another step into REX84/Garden Plot, if any truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump tweet, gave up on embedding tweets
    Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in. Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people.......
    ....long before they get to our Southern Border. Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement. The only ones who won’t do anything are the Democrats in Congress. They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, and fix asylum! If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!
    Side note: I'm in the home security business and have been getting a lot of project inquiries from latino folks wanting enhanced security measures where they live. I expect that to increase further once this tweet makes the rounds in the latino community. Thanks for the biz Don! You may not be Making America Great Again but you sure are scaring the $#@! out of a lot of latinos.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's about time.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump’s pick to be the nation’s first-ever “border czar” is a longtime former cop and immigration official who takes a hard line on illegal crossings.

Former acting ICE Director Thomas Homan told Secrets early in the Trump administration, for example, that he views every unauthorized border crossing as a crime that can and should be punished.
    "If you are in this country illegally, and you committed a crime by entering this country, you should be uncomfortable, you should look over your shoulder, and you need to be worried," Homan told Secrets.

At the time, Trump had asked him to stay on and he agreed. Homan later left the administration, despite rumors he was under consideration to be homeland security secretary. He has remained a strong advocate for Trump and tough immigration policies.
    Insiders said that Trump likes Homan because he is unafraid to take on pro-immigration critics of the president and believes that any crime, including illegal border crossings, are a deportable offense.

"No population is off the table," he told a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing in 2017. "We'll issue detainers to anybody in the country illegally," he said. "Our priorities are criminals first, but if you're asking me if we are going to put detainers on people that have not been convicted of a crime, yes we will," he added referring to the first step in deportation.
    Groups that back Trump’s efforts to stop illegal immigration praised the Homan pick.
    “The border has become increasingly porous, and action is desperately needed. Tom Homan is uniquely qualified to address these problems. I am confident he will provide the president with a comprehensive assessment of the situation as well as effective remedies,” said Dale L. Wilcox, executive director and general counsel of the Immigration Reform and Law Institute.
    “All we have heard from a succession of immigration officials – even going back to the Obama administration – is that the border crisis cannot be solved until Congress acts. Tom Homan is a man of action, so I expect that mind-set and that narrative to change,” added Jessica M. Vaughan, director of policy studies for the Center for Immigration Studies.

She also said that Homan should work well with incoming U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services head Ken Cuccinelli.
    “I think that Ken Cuccinelli and Tom Homan will work well together, because Cuccinelli also wants to hit the ground running and has ideas for how to tackle the border crisis. They are both rule-of-law kind of guys. One thing that Cuccinelli brings to the operation is his understanding of how states can be full and constructive partners in immigration enforcement,” she told Secret.

Homan worked in immigration law enforcement for years and has deep roots. He is considered a “cop's cop” who speaks bluntly.
    Like the president, he has been very tough on the sanctuary city movement and pro-immigrant judges.
    "Sanctuary cities are a danger to the men and women of ICE," he said.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-off-the-table

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...91400658870274

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...91402323959809

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol, I'll believe it when I see it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lol, I'll believe it when I see it.
    And it is cancelled. At least for now. First it was going to involve "millions", then it was reduced to 2,000 and for now, none. Wants to give Congress a chance to try to change immigration laws. He is giving them two weeks (it won't happen that fast even if it happens at all- besides, Congress has their 4th of July recess coming up in a week or so). Yet another threat made and not followed through on. Like closing the US/ Mexico border.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ctions-1376706

Trump delays ICE deportation raids hours after defending them

President Donald Trump on Saturday delayed for two weeks the administration's plans to begin deporting thousands of undocumented families — reversing himself just hours after defending the controversial proposal.

"At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start!" Trump tweeted Saturday afternoon.

The confusion surrounding the proposed raids, which were due to begin Sunday in more than a dozen cities, was the latest episode in which Trump threatened tough action, only to pull back. Last week, he said he had authorized limited strikes against Iran before canceling them shortly before they were due to launch.

The plan by Immigration and Customs Enforcement to deport up to 2,000 families who have missed a court date or have been served deportation orders prompted an outcry from Democrats and law enforcement officials in several U.S. cities.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called Trump on Friday evening asking him to call off the raids, according to a source familiar with the conversation, which lasted about 12 minutes.

But Saturday morning, Trump defended the proposed action on Twitter, saying, "The people that Ice will apprehend have already been ordered to be deported.”

“This means that they have run from the law and run from the courts,” he wrote. “These are people that are supposed to go back to their home country. They broke the law by coming into the country, & now by staying."

During a press gaggle later in the morning, he again gave no indication of the impending delay. Trump acknowledged cities "are going to fight" federal immigration policies but added that they are "high-crime" cities, without offering further justification.

But Saturday afternoon, he changed course, citing Democrats’ requests.

It was not clear what exactly spurred him to back off. ICE was officially notified of the president’s decision only hours before Trump announced the delay, according to one administration official.

A former DHS official told POLITICO that some ICE officers had pushed back on the planned raids after they were made public because of officer safety concerns and child welfare issues. It was not immediately clear, however, whether those concerns reached the White House.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.

The logistics of accomplishing this is staggering, this is some of the worst bluster Trump has ever spewed.
    "The Patriarch"

The logistics of accomplishing this is staggering, this is some of the worst bluster Trump has ever spewed.
    It's ridiculous to be sure. But it's nothing for Trump. This is the guy who promised to eliminate the entire national debt in 8 years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, Trump sez stuff.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

And ICE is already stretched to their limits. Might be a few publicized raids but won't be rounding up "millions". The announcement was a political one to stir up excitement about his re-election campaign. "Nobody is tougher than I am!"

Notice the loophole in the Tweet: "begin the process."

That will be what the dannnos will cling to later on when they explain how great of a job Trump did in fulfilling this promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

That will be what the dannnos will cling to later on when they explain how great of a job Trump did in fulfilling this promise.
    It's not a loophole. It's exactly what is meant. No one should be thinking that that many people can be removed that quickly.

We'll see how he does. Who knows? But if we start kicking out illegals next week, great.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    It's not a loophole. It's exactly what is meant. No one should be thinking that that many people can be removed that quickly.

We'll see how he does. Who knows? But if we start kicking out illegals next week, great.
    If that's all that's meant then it's not beginning anything, but just continuing what's been going on for decades. It's not like Obama didn't deport anyone.

If that's all that's meant then it's not beginning anything, but just continuing what's been going on for decades. It's not like Obama didn't deport anyone.
    I guess I'd put it like this - will we see a noticeable uptick in deportations starting next week? Some are talking about Millions Next Week. What if there were 10K or 100K? That would seem like a lot to me. Whatever it is that we see, we see.

He's referring to the existing 1 million people who have standing final deportation orders from the courts that remain at large in our country. All that is needed is the resources and manpower to make it happen, the enforcement priorities are up to ICE. Trump is doing everything he can to speed it up.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Probably more Trump admin fake news.....but another step into REX84/Garden Plot, if any truth to it.

Side note: I'm in the home security business and have been getting a lot of project inquiries from latino folks wanting enhanced security measures where they live. I expect that to increase further once this tweet makes the rounds in the latino community. Thanks for the biz Don! You may not be Making America Great Again but you sure are scaring the $#@! out of a lot of latinos.
    Part of the scare is the deportation or "repatriation" of Mexican American citizens in the 30's. Homes were raided & people were forced to move to Mexico even if they were legal American citizens.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Part of the scare is the deportation or "repatriation" of Mexican American citizens in the 30's. Homes were raided & people were forced to move to Mexico even if they were legal American citizens.
    Ah thanks for that. I didn't know that there was a historical basis, also.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    He's referring to the existing 1 million people who have standing final deportation orders from the courts that remain at large in our country. All that is needed is the resources and manpower to make it happen, the enforcement priorities are up to ICE. Trump is doing everything he can to speed it up.
    Giving ICE authority to run around snatching up people in the middle of the night sounds like a great idea and has no parallels in history whatsoever. /s
    Last edited by devil21; 06-18-2019 at 11:18 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

During the good ol' Hoover days, the Mexicans were thrown out because of the depression & people wanting their jobs. Everything was dem messican's fault- sound familiar?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    During the good ol' Hoover days, the Mexicans were thrown out because of the depression & people wanting their jobs. Everything was dem messican's fault- sound familiar?
    The border was originally patrolled in the decades prior to that to keep out chinese .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The border was originally patrolled in the decades prior to that to keep out chinese .
    Yep- the added problem of throwing out the Mexicans during the Depression was that over 60% were American citizens. The Irish will also hated around the time of the Civil War & were not considered "white".
    There is no spoon.

Giving ICE authority to run around snatching up people in the middle of the night sounds like a great idea and has no parallels in history whatsoever. /s
    They had their chances and their choice to not only ignore our laws but now also ignore a court order to leave the country. I don't see how this is different than arresting people who commit other crimes, are convicted, and instead of reporting to jail, they choose to flee and evade capture. You seem to be suggesting its fine for non-citizens from foreign countries to ignore our laws and ignore our judicial system.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

They had their chances
    Chances to do what? Generally speaking no chance to come to America legally was afforded to them, or they would have taken it. For most of them their choice was between coming in illegally or not at all.

I don't see how this is different than arresting people who commit other crimes
    One difference is that this isn't a real crime, as in the kind that has a victim. It's just a make-believe crime that's only illegal because it violates laws that politicians made up.

You seem to be suggesting its fine for non-citizens from foreign countries to ignore our laws and ignore our judicial system.
    That all depends on which laws they're ignoring. I'm sure that you agree that it's totally fine for you and me to ignore at least some laws. Don't you?
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 06-18-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Chances to do what? Generally speaking no chance to come to America legally was afforded to them, or they would have taken it. For most of them their choice was between coming in illegally or not at all.
    the line was too long, so they just hopped the ropes and ran past the bouncers.
    It turns out, most people who waited in line have no pity for these people.

it is our right to allow NOBODY into the club if we dont want to.

They had their chances and their choice to not only ignore our laws but now also ignore a court order to leave the country. I don't see how this is different than arresting people who commit other crimes, are convicted, and instead of reporting to jail, they choose to flee and evade capture. You seem to be suggesting its fine for non-citizens from foreign countries to ignore our laws and ignore our judicial system.
    I don't even know where to start with that load of crap so I'm not going to bother picking it apart. However, if you think it is "our" judicial system then you have a whole hell of a lot to learn about how the legal system really works.

And I remind again that all of this is going exactly along the Garden Plot/REX84 operational plan. Open your eyes man. This isn't about immigrants.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The border has been under martial law for about a hundred years . They probably do have the manpower to pick up and deport any of the one million or so who are at last known address that have already been rejected . Just nobody has done a lot of it for 70 years or so .
    Do something Danke

Part of Trump's "I am running for re-election" celebration- arresting people. He is promising a "wild night"- which for him may be staying at home watching Fox. Others will be partying in Orlando.

Spudea is right that it is supposed to be just people who have standing deportation orders. The important thing is the PR right before his announcement.

I am reminded of George W. Bush and his re-election campaign. When he would start to slip in the polls, he would trot out his favorite boogie man- terrorism. A new but vague "terror alert" would be issued. After the election was over, the alerts surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) stopped. When Trump is in trouble, he hauls out his boogie men- immigrants. Polls (including those conducted by his own election committee) show him trailing so now he is saying he is upping his efforts on immigration.

https://www.apnews.com/e32b4a65baf74afab5bb5b2aa061f734

Trump could have tough time meeting his deportation threat

President Donald Trump could have a tough time making good on his threat to deport millions of people living in the U.S. illegally. But maybe that wasn’t his point.

Trump’s late-night messages promised that starting next week his administration “will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they can.”

That was a pronouncement likely to excite his political base just as he was formally announcing his reelection bid Tuesday night. It also scared immigrants in the U.S. illegally — and could deter others from coming.

But it came at a cost.

Trump blatantly exposed an upcoming enforcement operation, potentially jeopardizing the kind of sensitive effort that takes months to plan and relies on secrecy. The president’s tweets put new, fresh demands on Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the agency in charge of removals, which is already overwhelmed, lacking staff, funding and detention space for its current work. And any massive roundup that includes deportation of families would be sure to spark outrage.

The tweets suggested the start of Trump’s reelection campaign is likely to have much in common with his 2016 announcement, when he accused Mexico of sending rapists to the United States and pledged to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. The rhetoric was widely denounced, yet the tough anti-immigration message struck a nerve with many Americans and ultimately helped carry Trump to victory.

But his tough talk hasn’t led to a drop in border crossings since he took office. The flow of Central American migrants has risen dramatically during his administration. He recently dropped a threat to slap tariffs on Mexico after the country agreed to step up immigration enforcement efforts.

The “millions” in his tweets referred to the more than 1 million people in the United States with final deportation orders, meaning a judge has decided they be deported, according to an administration official who spoke on condition of anonymity to explain the president’s tweets.

Pew Research Center has estimated there are about 10.5 million people in the U.S. illegally, with long-term residents outnumbering recent arrivals. The record for deportations over a full year is 419,384 in 2012, under the Obama administration.

Some in Trump’s administration believe that decisive shows of force — like mass arrests — serve as deterrents, sending a message to those considering making the journey to the U.S. that it’s not worth coming.
    U.S. officials with knowledge of the preparations say the operation wasn’t imminent; it was to begin in the coming weeks and be nationwide. But ICE officials were not aware the president would make public sensitive law enforcement plans, and it’s unclear whether the operation now will go off as planned.

Enforcement sweeps require months of planning. Officers work from recent addresses and don’t have search warrants. Immigrants are not required to open their doors, and increasingly they don’t. Officers generally capture about 30% to 40% of targets.

Plus, ICE needs travel paperwork from a home country to deport someone, so immigrants often end up detained at least temporarily waiting for a deportation flight. The adult population of detainees was 53,141 as of June 8, though the agency is only budgeted for 45,000. There were 1,662 in family detention, also at capacity, and one of the family detention centers is currently housing single adults.

Also, publicizing law enforcement operations can jeopardize officer safety and tip off potential deportees.
    Between 2009 and 2012, the Obama administration deported 1.6 million immigrants. About two million were deported during the eight years of the George W. Bush administration.

An effort to rapidly deport more than a million people is “a fantasy” said John Sandweg, a former ICE head under Obama.

“ICE is always working at 100 percent of its capacity. The president wants to create this illusion that he’s let go of the reins that other administrations were holding but that’s just not true.”

Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of people, mostly Central American families, are crossing the border monthly, highs not seen for more than a decade. There are holdups in every agency that manages immigration, including a backlog of more than 700,000 immigration cases. Acting Homeland Security Kevin McAleenan has asked for $4.5 billion in supplemental aid to help agencies cope.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-18-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Good...GTFO, we have our own problems to deal with, without adding your issues, baggage and handouts to it as well...country's broke, 24 trillion in debt and full.

$#@! off back to wherever you came from.

Start with that load of Congolese you just shipped up to Portland.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good...GTFO, we have our own problems to deal with, without adding your issues, baggage and handouts to it as well...country's broke, 24 trillion in debt and full.

$#@! off back to wherever you came from.

Start with that load of Congolese you just shipped up to Portland.
    Ya , I can see no justification for accepting those .
    Do something Danke

I'm sick and tired of the left arguing for immigration reform because they are purposely encouraging the immigration of people who reject morality and American culture and constantly attack people who are against open borders as racist because it is not racist to say we should take care of the people here before taking care of people from other countries. The homeless problem in America is a direct result of their policies so we should let the homeless live with them.

I'm glad the government doesn't actually have the ability to round up millions of humans within a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast