Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump tweet: ICE rounding up millions of illegals next week

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Feel free to hire whoever you want to protect you. That's far different from advocating for Blackwater to be unleashed on the general population with government license to do whatever they want to whoever they want. There's some scenarios when neither a free market solution or a government solution is any kind of solution. What you're talking about here is how the Night of the Long Knives happened.
    I am not advocating for a private business to have government license to do whatever they want. I am saying that a non government solution would be more efficient and therefore better at this than the government. The government never has an incentive to fix something that they are profiting from they have a conflict of interest.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The logistics of accomplishing this is staggering, this is some of the worst bluster Trump has ever spewed.
    Yeah, Trump sez stuff.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The logistics of accomplishing this is staggering, this is some of the worst bluster Trump has ever spewed.
    And ICE is already stretched to their limits. Might be a few publicized raids but won't be rounding up "millions". The announcement was a political one to stir up excitement about his re-election campaign. "Nobody is tougher than I am!"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Chances to do what? Generally speaking no chance to come to America legally was afforded to them, or they would have taken it. For most of them their choice was between coming in illegally or not at all.
    the line was too long, so they just hopped the ropes and ran past the bouncers.
    It turns out, most people who waited in line have no pity for these people.

it is our right to allow NOBODY into the club if we dont want to.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    the line was too long, so they just hopped the ropes and ran past the bouncers.
    It turns out, most people who waited in line have no pity for these people.

it is our right to allow NOBODY into the club if we dont want to.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol, I'll believe it when I see it.
    And it is cancelled. At least for now. First it was going to involve "millions", then it was reduced to 2,000 and for now, none. Wants to give Congress a chance to try to change immigration laws. He is giving them two weeks (it won't happen that fast even if it happens at all- besides, Congress has their 4th of July recess coming up in a week or so). Yet another threat made and not followed through on. Like closing the US/ Mexico border.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ctions-1376706

Trump delays ICE deportation raids hours after defending them

President Donald Trump on Saturday delayed for two weeks the administration's plans to begin deporting thousands of undocumented families — reversing himself just hours after defending the controversial proposal.

"At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start!" Trump tweeted Saturday afternoon.

The confusion surrounding the proposed raids, which were due to begin Sunday in more than a dozen cities, was the latest episode in which Trump threatened tough action, only to pull back. Last week, he said he had authorized limited strikes against Iran before canceling them shortly before they were due to launch.

The plan by Immigration and Customs Enforcement to deport up to 2,000 families who have missed a court date or have been served deportation orders prompted an outcry from Democrats and law enforcement officials in several U.S. cities.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called Trump on Friday evening asking him to call off the raids, according to a source familiar with the conversation, which lasted about 12 minutes.

But Saturday morning, Trump defended the proposed action on Twitter, saying, "The people that Ice will apprehend have already been ordered to be deported.”

“This means that they have run from the law and run from the courts,” he wrote. “These are people that are supposed to go back to their home country. They broke the law by coming into the country, & now by staying."

During a press gaggle later in the morning, he again gave no indication of the impending delay. Trump acknowledged cities "are going to fight" federal immigration policies but added that they are "high-crime" cities, without offering further justification.

But Saturday afternoon, he changed course, citing Democrats’ requests.

It was not clear what exactly spurred him to back off. ICE was officially notified of the president’s decision only hours before Trump announced the delay, according to one administration official.

A former DHS official told POLITICO that some ICE officers had pushed back on the planned raids after they were made public because of officer safety concerns and child welfare issues. It was not immediately clear, however, whether those concerns reached the White House.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Exclamation The Reconquista Republicans are up to their old tricks again!

"Migrants" moving in next door to you soon. Thank Donnell and Mitch McConnell.

GOP Senators Grant Policy Wins to Democrats in $4.6 Billion Migration Budget

GOP leaders in the Senate approved a $4.6 billion budget to fund an orderly Central American migration into the United States — even though the bill excludes any steps to reduce the crisis and also gives multiple pro-migration wins to Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

"Migrants" moving in next door to you soon. Thank Donnell and Mitch McConnell.

GOP Senators Grant Policy Wins to Democrats in $4.6 Billion Migration Budget

GOP leaders in the Senate approved a $4.6 billion budget to fund an orderly Central American migration into the United States — even though the bill excludes any steps to reduce the crisis and also gives multiple pro-migration wins to Democrats.
    imagine that, the senate allocated money to the welfare and housing of immigrants than was allocated for the wall. You guys keep believing that Trump is really trying to stop immigration. Also wait till he starts the new Venezuelan and Iranian war, millions of refugees are going to find their way to Europe and American. Watch and see

Trump is hilarious. Here he is taking his bluster back already, while still trying to make sure we all think he really meant it and will still begin deporting those millions any day now if people don't give him his way.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-courts.html

Still no word on how deportations will ever get up into the millions under any circumstances though.

From the above article:

“$112 million for migrant medical care and consumables, including clothing, baby formula, hygiene products, and other essential items … $45 million for detainee medical care … Prioritizes use of [pro-migration] community-based residential care and licensed facilities over large facilities … [and] Ensures that Senators and Members of Congress have access to shelters for the purpose of conducting oversight … Restates current law on applicability of Section 224 in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019.”

My way would have been cheaper and freer. No incentives, welfare, other assistance, etc. You want to come to Land of the Free, get a job and work, you are an adult and on your own.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    imagine that, the senate allocated money to the welfare and housing of immigrants than was allocated for the wall. You guys keep believing that Trump is really trying to stop immigration. Also wait till he starts the new Venezuelan and Iranian war, millions of refugees are going to find their way to Europe and American. Watch and see
    The Senate isn't Trump.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Senate isn't Trump.
    Would you expect him to veto a bill which has those provisions while giving more money for dealing with immigrants?

He's in campaign mode.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Would you expect him to veto a bill which has those provisions while giving more money for dealing with immigrants?
    Yes.
    And I don't expect any bill to make it to his desk.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes.
    And I don't expect any bill to make it to his desk.
    The House and Senate both have their own versions of the bill (with their own pet projects added in). This must be resolved via a Joint Committee and then passed by both chambers. That won't happen before the 4th of July vacation break. When they do get around to it, he will sign it. He won't be seen as denying money for his own pet project of the border. Not with an election coming up.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-23-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In a move he said was to placate Democrats, President Trump announced on Saturday that the nationwide immigration enforcement operation planned to start Sunday — aimed at migrant families who illegally remain in the country despite being denied asylum — was called off to give lawmakers two weeks to work on a plan to fix legal “loopholes” he said have enticed migrants to come to the U.S.
    However, all five officials who spoke with the Washington Examiner confirmed McAleenan's decision to go rogue and stymie the operation was what prompted the White House to call off the 10-city operation.

The planned raids in cities such as Los Angeles, Miami, and Houston, were first reported by the Washington Post on Friday.
    The sources said only a small number of people in the White House, ICE, and DHS were even aware of the plan’s details, including which cities, the date and time, and who would be targeted.
    Two officials said the acting secretary, who was promoted internally in April, had fought for months during closed-door discussions with White House officials, the former acting ICE Director Ronald Vitiello, and the new acting ICE Director Mark Morgan against the plan, which they noted was similar to one the Obama administration carried out in 2015.
    “I know he has not approved of this operation for months,” one person familiar with those private conversations said during a phone call Saturday night. “The president wouldn’t leak that. ICE wouldn’t leak that. There’s only a few people involved in these discussions … The only one who could have shared the details of those operations were Kevin.”
    “That’s our belief,” a second official said when asked if McAleenan was behind the leak. “The secretary was not supportive from day one.”
    The first official said McAleenan may have leaked it so that he could “be the martyr” in the face of anticipated blowback in the future.
    A third official claimed McAleenan “cares more about what liberals and 'Never Trumpers' in Congress and the media think of him the achieving the express mission of his department.”
    “[T]his will leave an un-erasable mark on his tenure,” the third official wrote in a text message Saturday evening.
    Leaking the information would only have “benefitted one person” who had knowledge of the plan, according to the first person, who added there was “no doubt in my mind” McAleenan either told the Post himself or had a close comrade at DHS take care of it.
    “His hands were dirty,” that same official said.
    McAleenan traveled with the author of the Post report, Nick Miroff, on a government plane down to the border on Wednesday.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump was tweeting about the deportations- he leaked it himself.

He has two potentially major crises going on right now- and he has nobody to deal with them- and it is his own fault. First the border and second with Iran. His ICE head is only an acting director and his Secretary of Defense is also only an acting secretary. He keeps hiring "the best people" and then firing them. And with Trump changing his own mind all the time, people have no idea who is in charge or what is really happening.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-23-2019 at 04:23 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump was tweeting about the deportations- he leaked it himself.
    He didn't leak the details, leaking the details endangered the success of the operation and the safety of the officers involved.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If things aren't good, blame somebody else. If they are good, claim all credit. Trump would never say that they would start next week. Somebody must have leaked that!

He has been backtracking a lot lately. Concerned about the election not going his way?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-23-2019 at 04:27 PM.

If things aren't good, blame somebody else. If they are good, claim all credit. Trump would never say that they would start next week. Somebody must have leaked that!
    It's not about "next week".
    “Leaking the locations and details to stop the operation from happening not only harmed operational integrity, but it put the safety and well-being of his own officers in jeopardy,” the third official wrote.

“That’s law enforcement sensitive information. You just don’t reveal that,” the second official said. “It gets people hyped up. It gets the NGOs activated, and then anyone wearing a jacket with the ICE name on it is really chastised. Cities are coming out saying, ‘Here’s how you can protect yourself against it.’”

That same official said the “worst” consequence of the leak, especially if it was directed by the department’s leader, was how it endangered personnel.
    “It really jeopardized the safety of law enforcement officers — that’s the part that’s really detrimental,” the official said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...16916285939712

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12