View Poll Results: Cut, hike, stay or...

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rate cut

0 0%
  • Rate hike

0 0%
  • Stay at current

7 100.00%
  • I can count to potato

0 0%

Thread: FOMC: Rate cut, rate hike, or stay the same?

FOMC: Rate cut, rate hike, or stay the same?

I'm going to guess the Fed will stay at current target rate. But I sooooooo want to predict a surprise rate hike based on the constantly rosy picture being painted by the mouthpieces that puts the Fed directly at odds with Trump's twitter account.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I voted .
    Do something Danke

Fed won't want to use cuts to stimulate unless things are in a decline. Economic growth is slowing but not declining. Trump wants more gas to fuel his bubble though and would like to see them cut rates. Cut rates now and what do you do if a recession hits?

I guess they will stay the same but they might do a very small hike just to try and hurt Trump in 2020.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

End the fed.. solved it....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/fed-...unchanged.html

Fed holds rates steady, still sees no cuts in 2019

A divided Federal Reserve held the line on interest rates Wednesday and indicated that no cuts are coming in 2019. The decision came amid divisions over what is ahead and still leaves open the possibility that policy loosening could happen before the end of the year depending on how conditions unfold.

The central bank expects one or two rate cuts, but not until 2020. Despite cautious wording in the post-meeting statement Wednesday, markets are still betting the Fed cuts, as soon as July.

In a decision closely watched by financial market participants clamoring for multiple cuts, central bank officials on the Federal Open Market Committee voted 9-1 to keep the benchmark rate in a target range of 2.25% to 2.5%, where it has been since December’s controversial quarter-point increase. St. Louis Fed President James Bullard voted to reduce the rate.

The action sets up a possible confrontation between Fed Chairman Jerome Powell and President Donald Trump, who has been pressuring the Fed to cut rates. Just Tuesday, Trump said “let’s see what he does” at the Fed meeting when asked if he still wants to demote Powell.

The strong majority for this month’s decision contrasted with a sharp difference of opinion on what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I voted .
    Me too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Me too.
    You're both fine Americans.

Fed held steady but metals are launching any way.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book