Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Female Olympians Want IOC to Suspend ‘Unfair’ Transgender Rules

I can almost promise you there is not such thing a “similarly trained” anyone.

Except maybe figure skating. There are now women skaters routinely doing what only a handful of men skaters are able to do. This was the case at the latest World Championships. And in the Junior ranks, the deck is stacked in favor of the women.
    Last edited by euphemia; 06-18-2019 at 05:44 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No no no there sweetcheeks...you woemen overwhelmingly supported this trans weirdosexual nonsense...you wanted woke, now you got woke.

Deal with it.
    You know the picture you posted is Mack Beggs, a naturally born woman, who is taking hormones to become a man, but is still competing with the women.

Here is the funny thing. Man transitions to a woman? He competes with the women. Woman takes hormones to transition to a man? She competes with.....the women? Yep. Natural born woman not transitioning to a man but takes some hormones for a competitive advantage? Why she's a cheater! Ban her for life!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Not all men can beat all women.
    The men who can't beat all women in any physical contest don't become professional or even college level athletes.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

In a physical sport, a female athlete put up against a similarly trained male athlete, will lose almost every single time.

I'll have to go dig it up, an article where they described how a female MMA fighter was put in the ring with a trans weirdo MMA fighter.

She was almost killed.
    You're talking about Fallon Fox. Here's Joe Rogan's take.

What if they just get rid of women's sports? Have contests that don't specify the competitors' sexes and let them compete against men if they're good enough. And if they're not good enough to compete against men, then what's wrong with these women focusing on domestic duties instead of pretending to be athletes?

I wonder if this fad has enough traction to neuter Title IX by letting people with penises take all the women's athletic scholarships.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 06-18-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What if they just get rid of women's sports? Have contests that don't specify the competitors' sexes and let them compete against men if they're good enough. And if they're not good enough to compete against men, then what's wrong with these women focusing on domestic duties instead of pretending to be athletes?

I wonder if this fad has enough traction to neuter Title IX by letting people with penises take all the women's athletic scholarships.
    In many sports there is no "Mens" category, there is the "Open" category that allows anybody, then there are the protected categories of the same sport, eg: Women, Senior, Kids... Women can play in the Open category, but they don't for reasons you can figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The men who can't beat all women in any physical contest don't become professional or even college level athletes.
    I wasn’t aware we were talking about professional athletes, necessarily. In the article 15 British elite women athletes were asked if they thought trans men should be able to compete as women. They expressed the opinion the IOC did not think through their new standard. The women surveyed were elite, in that they made the podium in their respective sports. Swimming and javelin were specifically mentioned.

And there are other sports besides WWE or whatever.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I wasn’t aware we were talking about professional athletes, necessarily. In the article 15 British elite women athletes were asked if they thought trans men should be able to compete as women. They expressed the opinion the IOC did not think through their new standard. The women surveyed were elite, in that they made the podium in their respective sports. Swimming and javelin were specifically mentioned.
    We aren't. That's why I said professional or even college level athletes. Yes, I would expect a WNBA team to be a junior HS male basketball team. That's not what I'm talking about. And these elite women you mentioned didn't want to compete against women who were once men. That doesn't mean they can't beat any man anywhere ever. Really, I'm not understanding your argument. Sometimes the athlete who uses performance enhancing drugs still loses the race / fight / tennis match, whatever. So why are PEDs banned and there's a whole regime for every legitimate sport to test for them? Because everyone knows they give a competitive advantage to the user. The picture in the OP is of an athlete who was born a woman who is taking hormones to become a man but is still competing with women and dominating his/her sport (wrestling). Question. Do you think that is fair?

And there are other sports besides WWE or whatever.
    Ummm...you know WWE is fake right? Or do you really think a one legged kid could be an actual professional wrestler?

The picture in the OP is of an athlete who was born a woman who is taking hormones to become a man but is still competing with women and dominating his/her sport (wrestling). Question. Do you think that is fair?
    My understanding is that athlete actually wanted to compete in the boys division, but state law forbid it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My understanding is that athlete actually wanted to compete in the boys division, but state law forbid it.
    Interesting. What a clusterflop. Simple solution. Naturally born girls should be able to compete in boys sports if they feel they're up to it. The other way around should not be permitted. Simple solution.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what a bunch of trans-phobes

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

You know the picture you posted is Mack Beggs, a naturally born woman, who is taking hormones to become a man, but is still competing with the women.

Here is the funny thing. Man transitions to a woman? He competes with the women. Woman takes hormones to transition to a man? She competes with.....the women? Yep. Natural born woman not transitioning to a man but takes some hormones for a competitive advantage? Why she's a cheater! Ban her for life!
    LOL, seriously?

Gawd, this is such a cluster$#@! of confusion...I can't keep it straight anymore.

That what I get for trusting Breitbart...doesn't really make my point does it?

Thanks for the info, I'll replace it with what is needed.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-18-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I can almost promise you there is not such thing a “similarly trained” anyone.

Except maybe figure skating. There are now women skaters routinely doing what only a handful of men skaters are able to do. This was the case at the latest World Championships. And in the Junior ranks, the deck is stacked in favor of the women.
    Sure there are...if you were training to free lift weights or marathon run, or a hundred other sports endeavors, you would train, roughly, the same way.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

LOL, seriously?

Gawd, this is such a cluster$#@! of confusion...I can't keep it straight anymore.

That what I get for trusting Breitbart...doesn't really make my point does it?

Thanks for the info, I'll replace it with what is needed.
    You're welcome. But actually I think it proves your point in spades. A naturally born woman who hasn't taken male hormones should be able to compete exclusively against naturally born women who haven't taken male hormones. Male hormones are a "performance enhancing drug" when it comes women's athletics regardless of where they come from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12