Thread: Trump's MAGA Rallies Cost Big Bucks and Cities Are Stuck Footing the Bills

Trump's MAGA Rallies Cost Big Bucks and Cities Are Stuck Footing the Bills

http://fortune.com/2019/06/15/trump-maga-rallies-bills/

President Trump’s campaign rallies are racking up big bills, and he’s reportedly not paying them.

A new investigation from NBC News and the Center for Public Integrity found the Trump campaign owes city governments across the country upwards of $800,000 for police and public safety costs from his events.

The largest invoice to date comes from El Paso, Texas, where the president held a campaign rally in February. Trump still owes the city $470,417 for the event, the invoice shows.

Some invoices date back to 2016, before Trump was elected president. His 2016 campaign skipped out on municipal public safety bills from Green Bay and Eau Claire, Wisconsin; Tucson, Arizona; Burlington, Vermont and Spokane, Washington, according to the report.

Another five cities, including El Paso; Mesa, Arizona; Billings, Montana; Erie, Pennsylvania; and Lebanon, Ohio, are owed a combined $629,015.88.

While some local governments remain hopeful that the Trump campaign will pay its bills, others don’t expect the issue to be resolved any time soon.

“Let’s be honest, when does Trump ever pay his bills?” Spokane City Councilmember Kate Burke told NBC News.

One of the biggest issues preventing these cities from being reimbursed is, in many cases, there are no signed contracts between the municipality and the Trump campaign, according to the report. Cities sent law enforcement to Trump events as a required safety measure, but also because the Secret Service asked for additional security.

The Trump campaign could face legal troubles for stiffing the bill.

According to the Federal Election Commission, “A political committee shall report a disputed debt … if the creditor has provided something of value to the political committee.” (The webpage has been removed, but is archived here.)

Trump’s campaign has not reported any debts to municipal governments or their respective police departments, which is likely a violation of federal campaign finance laws, election law lawyers told NBC News.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    there are no signed contracts
    Then there are no bills.

Obama cost the Country Trillions, more than all presidents combined before him, but that
    sits well with you?
    I never hear you bich about that .....

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Obama cost the Country Trillions, more than all presidents combined before him, but that
    sits well with you?
    When Obama was president we complained about Obama. Now Trump is president, and he's outspending Obama, and we're complaining about him. Why would we keep talking about Obama any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    When Obama was president we complained about Obama. Now Trump is president, and he's outspending Obama, and we're complaining about him. Why would we keep talking about Obama any more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

sits well with you?
    Uh..... Trump has already spent over 3xs what Obama did in golfing alone. Trumps golfing trips (which he said in his campaign he would never do) have cost about $102 million- Obamas were around $30 mil.

So, continue yer biching.
    There is no spoon.

A new investigation from NBC News and the Center for Public Integrity
    When will NBC and all other Leftist News Media outlets have some time and do real investigations on the scandals during the Obama admin? Zippy?
    Oh yeah they would never touch them.

"OBAMA WAS SCANDAL FREE!"

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    When will NBC and all other Leftist News Media outlets have some time and do real investigations on the scandals during the Obama admin? Zippy?
    Oh yeah they would never touch them.

"OBAMA WAS SCANDAL FREE!"
    Maybe we should go back a century with the FED, WW I, WWII, JFK's demise, unconstitutional wars etc. That'll take in a lotta presidents.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am not sure I really understand it . Is the campaign or fed govt required to reimburse the cities ? Or are the cities just overbilling and begging ? Lets say there is a Sat or Sun rally in my state capital . The police already are staffed for that day and pd for by taxpayers , it is in the budget , same as a football game etc . Should not anything more than that fall to secret service which are also already being paid by taxpayers ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Uh..... Trump has already spent over 3xs what Obama did in golfing alone. Trumps golfing trips (which he said in his campaign he would never do) have cost about $102 million- Obamas were around $30 mil.

So, continue yer biching.
    Link?
    Like I said, Obama got the Country into more debt than all previous
    presidential terms combined, and you and zippy just bich about a
    'bill' that doesn't exist.

Continue your whine........goes good with fish. ( White wine)

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That's a laugh, I don't recall zippy biching about Obama , 24/7 , must have been
    on another forum....

Link?
    Like I said, Obama got the Country into more debt than all previous
    presidential terms combined, and you and zippy just bich about a
    'bill' that doesn't exist.

Continue your whine........goes good with fish. ( White wine)
    I'm Indian so pour that white whine on your own mess.

And, the only thing I've ever praised Obama for was the Iranian nuke deal.
    There is no spoon.

I'm Indian...
    Do you know ItsBack? Tell him we miss him!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Do you know ItsBack? Tell him we miss him!
    I cannot believe they banned that guy . Effing nazis .
    Do something Danke

Supposedly cities also reap big revenue from these visits. People book hotel rooms, buy meals, drinks. I don’t know about your state, but the liquor taxes alone would pay for such an event.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I'm Indian so pour that white whine on your own mess.

And, the only thing I've ever praised Obama for was the Iranian nuke deal.
    So what then?
    Red Whine/wine?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Supposedly cities also reap big revenue from these visits. People book hotel rooms, buy meals, drinks. I don’t know about your state, but the liquor taxes alone would pay for such an event.
    Damn right they do .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I cannot believe they banned that guy . Effing nazis .
    You gotta ban them right away, those that don't fall in step with the speech menu.
    :hammer:

You gotta ban them right away, those that don't fall in step with the speech menu.
    :hammer:

While I have no idea why he was banned again so soon after his last ban expired I do know that itsback was doing thing like sending spam messages in the PM system so I would guess it was something like that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    While I have no idea why he was banned again so soon after his last ban expired I do know that itsback was doing thing like sending spam messages in the PM system so I would guess it was something like that.
    That sounds bannable if the case, for sure.

As best I can remember 'itsback' , he seemed like a decent poster.