Thread: Neighbor sells house to pay settlement over attack to Sen. Rand Paul

Neighbor sells house to pay settlement over attack to Sen. Rand Paul

Neighbor sells house to pay settlement over attack to Sen. Rand Paul

Jun 12, 2019

The neighbor who attacked Sen. Rand Paul in a rage over yard waste is apparently planning to move.

Court documents show Rene Boucher sold his five-bedroom home in Bowling Green, Ky., which is next to Paul's. He paid $382,000 from the sale to Paul as part of a lawsuit verdict.

Paul sued Boucher after the November 2017 attack in their Bowling Green neighborhood. The attack left Paul with several broken ribs and a hernia.

Documents show Boucher owes Paul more than $600,000 for pain and suffering, after pleading guilty at trial.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/neighbor-s...9c971787d.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I recall Boucher was selling his house before the altercation. Allegedly that is what supposedly enraged Boucher because he said Rand had unsightly brush piles close to his property line.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Allegedly that is what supposedly enraged Boucher because he said Rand had unsightly brush piles close to his property line.
    The civilized thing to do in that situation is to find a local ordinance or HOA rule that he's breaking and report it to the authorities.

If the brush pile itself isn't strictly against the rules then find something else and report that.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The civilized thing to do in that situation is to find a local ordinance or HOA rule that he's breaking and report it to the authorities.

If the brush pile itself isn't strictly against the rules then find something else and report that.
    No curly haired people is not an HOA rule.

It should be more, he should spend the rest of his life having his income garnished to pay Rand for trying to kill him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    No curly haired people is not an HOA rule.
    3 HOA rules a day.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

You'd be happy to know the Inspector (dude even had a big badge hanging from his neck) came over Wednesday and gave my yard the all clear. But he did noticed some extension cords going to my sump pumps outside of my garage, and said that was a no-no.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It's a joke this guy isn't in prison

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    #GTFOMF!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You'd be happy to know the Inspector (dude even had a big badge hanging from his neck) came over Wednesday and gave my yard the all clear. But he did noticed some extension cords going to my sump pumps outside of my garage, and said that was a no-no.
    Why the hell did you allow him on your property? Did he have a warrant?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It was @TheTexan?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It was @TheTexan?
    I've applied a few times to be a Code Enforcement Officer but the competition is fierce and there's rarely any job openings. The only a time a spot opens up is when someone retires or gets reported for misconduct/corruption.

The Code Enforcement Officer in my local area is a good friend of mine. I've been hoping to find some misconduct I can report him on so I can take his job, but so far no luck.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I was out of town, some neighbor complained. Gave me a week to correct the problem, I got another week extension, letting him know this summer was my plan to clean up my father's place as he died last year. Anyway, when he came out the second time he didn't even look around that much, had the attitude like "sorry someone complained." Just two middle age men shooting the breeze. Probably some busybody woman that complained, and he just had to show up. Talked to me and saw my progress and left.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I was out of town, some neighbor complained. Gave me a week to correct the problem, I got another week extension, letting him know this summer was my plan to clean up my father's place as he died last year. Anyway, when he came out the second time he didn't even look around that much, had the attitude like "sorry someone complained." Just two middle age men shooting the breeze. Probably some busybody woman that complained, and he just had to show up. Talked to me and saw my progress and left.
    $#@!ing neighbors. Some are great, others need to move and be with like kind. Fences and gates are good things.

$#@!ing neighbors. Some are great, others need to move and be with like kind. Fences and gates are good things.
    The older I get and the more I deal with neighbors the more I agree with Daniel Boone that if you can see the smoke from your neighbors chimney they are too close.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The older I get and the more I deal with neighbors the more I agree with Daniel Boone that if you can see the smoke from your neighbors chimney they are too close.
    The government is corralling us.

I have no 'known' neighbors, I have peace, that doesn't mean I don't love people,
    it's just nice to not have to listed to other folks rap sht , and subject them to my
    horrible rock music, yea , and who's 'brush heap' is more offensive than the next.....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mine aren't so bad, but then can't see their chimney smoke. I got a few together and we talk about mutual cooperation in the event of a catastrophic event. One has a quarter acre pond and I need to talk to him about helping restock it. We just had a hella rain event and the wash from his pond overflowed the culvert under my (our) gravel road. Haven't fished there in two years, but back then a lure or worm would draw a bite in under 5 minutes.
    Then there are the McMansion people that acquired the land further out on the point of the river. Them's the one's I'll be raiding.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-15-2019 at 07:27 PM.

I hate NJ, but we live in a great neighborhood. I know all the names of all the people in the houses I can see from my front door (and then some). We have block parties, my wife grew up with some of their kids. we'd be a tough neighborhood to knock over when the SHTF. Its the type of neighborhood that kids move back into after they've grown up and want to have kids of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I hate NJ, but we live in a great neighborhood. I know all the names of all the people in the houses I can see from my front door (and then some). We have block parties, my wife grew up with some of their kids. we'd be a tough neighborhood to knock over when the SHTF. Its the type of neighborhood that kids move back into after they've grown up and want to have kids of their own.
    Community, as opposed to communism, is a good thing.

It should be more, he should spend the rest of his life having his income garnished to pay Rand for trying to kill him.
    I believe he was ordered to pay Rand over $500,000.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I believe he was ordered to pay Rand over $500,000.
    It's not enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Clear signal sent.

Attacking and putting a US senator in a life threatening condition will only set you back a few hundred grand.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Clear signal sent.

Attacking and putting a US senator in a life threatening condition will only set you back a few hundred grand.
    I half expect to find out that it is somehow arranged for him to get a sweetheart book deal or some other coincidental method of dumping a million or so bucks on him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I hope Rand's new neighbors are good people. Like...maybe some big scary looking guy who is in the personal security business and who also just happens to be a huge Ron/Rand Paul fan. That kind of "good".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not enough.
    Agreed.

Good! I'm sure he hasn't been living there since the attack based on an order of protection.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

A polite, community thing would have been to say something like: "I've got this truck for the weekend to clear out my yard debris. Want some help with yours?"

With the amount of brushpiles I have here and there I would just have to make a preemptive strike and take that guy out if he was in my county .
    Do something Danke

I saw Rene Boucher's facebook page immediately after the incident and before he deleted a bunch of posts. Boucher's attack on Sen. Paul was not motivated by brush piles.
    Last edited by James Otis, Jr.; 06-18-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Otis, Jr. View Post
    I saw Rene Boucher's facebook page immediately after the incident and before he deleted a bunch of posts. Bourcher's attack on Sen. Paul was not motivated by brush piles.
    Also who would be crazy enough to attack a senator ?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."