Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 201

Thread: Amash is at it again

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard is the new Obama.
    And an expert on hypocrisy . Only ED could find that.
    Do something Danke



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Rand said his campaign was sureveilled, you don't think Trump was spied on by the deep state?
    The question isn't whether or not his campaign was surveilled, it is whether or not such surveillance was legitimate.

    The sort of person who is now a Trumpkin likely believed such surveillance to be a good and legitimate thing before Trump began speaking about it.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The question isn't whether or not his campaign was surveilled, it is whether or not such surveillance was legitimate.

    The sort of person who is now a Trumpkin likely believed such surveillance to be a good and legitimate thing before Trump began speaking about it.
    I agree if you are saying that ever since Trump derailed the Russia investigation with the whole spygate thing republican voters are now less likely to think that such surveillance is a good. I also think he tried to troll the democrats into being against it by saying he would accept foreign intel in the ABC interview. Real FISA reform is going to take a lot of public support because they are not above a false flag in order to present a false narrative that the surveillance is necessary.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I agree if you are saying that ever since Trump derailed the Russia investigation with the whole spygate thing republican voters are now less likely to think that such surveillance is a good. I also think he tried to troll the democrats into being against it by saying he would accept foreign intel in the ABC interview. Real FISA reform is going to take a lot of public support because they are not above a false flag in order to present a false narrative that the surveillance is necessary.
    The civil liberties-friendly wing of the left has been supportive of changes to domestic surveillance for a long time. If Trump actually gave a $#@! about it he could easily make changes. The fact that he has not and will not make an effort to do something that is so in line with his PR narrative says everything that needs to be said.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The civil liberties-friendly wing of the left has been supportive of changes to domestic surveillance for a long time. If Trump actually gave a $#@! about it he could easily make changes. The fact that he has not and will not make an effort to do something that is so in line with his PR narrative says everything that needs to be said.
    Either that or he needs as much support as possible right now because the dems tried to impeach him. If there were enough Justin Amash's in Congress Mike Pence would be president.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Either that or he needs as much support as possible right now because the dems tried to impeach him. If there were enough Justin Amash's in Congress Mike Pence would be president.
    Maybe if Trump took on issues like surveillance, the (fictional) liberty wing of the GOP would support him more.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Amash and Lofgren sponsored the same amendment in Jan 2018 and it was voted down.
    There would have been more GOP support if Hillary was president, and it might have passed. Further proof that even Hillary is... Better Than Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    There would have been more GOP support if Hillary was president, and it might have passed. Further proof that even Hillary is... Better Than Trump.
    You mean like all the fake support for cutting spending and getting rid of Obamacare that disappears when Republicans are in the whitehouse? Republicans are really good at supporting stuff when it won't pass against democrat opposition.

  11. #39
    This is the type of work Amash has done in the past that got him a lot of the praise he deserved.

    Do not let up Justin, keep pushing.. this is why many of us have donated and supported many/all of your campaigns.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The question isn't whether or not his campaign was surveilled, it is whether or not such surveillance was legitimate.

    The sort of person who is now a Trumpkin likely believed such surveillance to be a good and legitimate thing before Trump began speaking about it.
    Nope, plenty of Trump supporters opposed the kind of illegal spying that was aimed at Trump.

    You are the sort of person that supports it now that it was used on Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    There would have been more GOP support if Hillary was president, and it might have passed. Further proof that even Hillary is... Better Than Trump.
    Not enough to pass it and certainly not enough to override her veto, RINOs are very good at pretending to vote right when it does no good.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The civil liberties-friendly wing of the left has been supportive of changes to domestic surveillance for a long time.
    They are too few to mean anything, most of them are fakes as the left's support for the CIA and FBI now that Trump was targeted for illegal surveillance shows.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If Trump actually gave a $#@! about it he could easily make changes. The fact that he has not and will not make an effort to do something that is so in line with his PR narrative says everything that needs to be said.
    With a hostile Congress and a Deepstate bureaucracy in the way?

    LOL

    And don't even bother to pretend that the GOP Congress in the first 2 years wasn't controlled by hostile RINOs.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    With a hostile Congress and a Deepstate bureaucracy in the way?

    LOL

    And don't even bother to pretend that the GOP Congress in the first 2 years wasn't controlled by hostile RINOs.
    Trump won't suggest anything that isn't popular with congress?

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump won't suggest anything that isn't popular with congress?
    Not if it will get him impeached for "being a Russian puppet who is destroying our intelligence capabilities".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^


    I will absolutely support Amash in this even if it hasn't a chance of passing but it does NOTHING to absolve him of supporting the same illegal spying against Trump.
    And yet you'll forgive Trump for pushing for the extradition of Julian Assange, the re-imprisonment of Chelsea Manning and calling for the execution of Edward Snowden.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And yet you'll forgive Trump for pushing for the extradition of Julian Assange, the re-imprisonment of Chelsea Manning and calling for the execution of Edward Snowden.
    When did SS say that?

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    When did SS say that?
    Actions speak louder than words. He's not in every pro Trump thread pointing out what he doesn't like about Trump the way he is in this pro Amash thread pointing out what he doesn't like about Amash.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Actions speak louder than words. He's not in every pro Trump thread pointing out what he doesn't like about Trump the way he is in this pro Amash thread pointing out what he doesn't like about Amash.
    You never agree with a politician on everything unless its yourself, lots of people supported Ron Paul even though they didn't agree with him on everything even a bunch of progressives supported Ron Paul even though they disagreed with him on abortion. This legislation is the reason why most people are upset with Amash, like you are saying actions speak louder than words, and Amash's actions supporting the Hillary Clinton insurance policy that abused FISA and used the deep state that lied us into war with Iraq to spy on people running against Clinton.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You never agree with a politician on everything unless its yourself, lots of people supported Ron Paul even though they didn't agree with him on everything even a bunch of progressives supported Ron Paul even though they disagreed with him on abortion. This legislation is the reason why most people are upset with Amash, like you are saying actions speak louder than words, and Amash's actions supporting the Hillary Clinton insurance policy that abused FISA and used the deep state that lied us into war with Iraq to spy on people running against Clinton.
    In a thread about NSA spying Swordsmith is giving Donald J. Trump a pass on NSA spying. Good grief! Trump isn't even helping the man that arguably helped him get elected! (Julian Assange).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    In a thread about NSA spying Swordsmith is giving Donald J. Trump a pass on NSA spying. Good grief! Trump isn't even helping the man that arguably helped him get elected! (Julian Assange).
    He isn't giving him a pass, no one is saying they will forgive Trump for it. The difference is lots of people supported Trump because they thought if Clinton was president she would literally kill him for what he did. For all we know Trump being president might have kept him alive.

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He isn't giving him a pass, no one is saying they will forgive Trump for it. The difference is lots of people supported Trump because they thought if Clinton was president she would literally kill him for what he did. For all we know Trump being president might have kept him alive.
    This sure sounds a lot like giving him a pass.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He isn't giving him a pass, no one is saying they will forgive Trump for it. The difference is lots of people supported Trump because they thought if Clinton was president she would literally kill him for what he did. For all we know Trump being president might have kept him alive.


    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    This sure sounds a lot like giving him a pass.
    +rep
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    This sure sounds a lot like giving him a pass.
    Clinton cronies still might be trying to kill him for ruining her reputation and chance at winning in 2016. He might be in the safest place possible right now. I am not saying that this is the case but its far more likely that he would be dead if Clinton was president you can't deny that.

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Clinton cronies still might be trying to kill him for ruining her reputation and chance at winning in 2016. He might be in the safest place possible right now. I am not saying that this is the case but its far more likely that he would be dead if Clinton was president you can't deny that.
    And the reason for re-imprisoning Chelsea Manning for not cooperating with a bogus prosecution is......? And before you say "To protect him/her for Clinton" remember he'd been walking around free for years.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Clinton cronies still might be trying to kill him for ruining her reputation and chance at winning in 2016. He might be in the safest place possible right now. I am not saying that this is the case but its far more likely that he would be dead if Clinton was president you can't deny that.
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas for Trumpkins.

    What kind of argument is this? Did you rush into excuse mode this fast every time Obama did something horrible and explain how good it is that he didn't do something even more horrible?

    When the word that Assange was to be extradited first came out, the Trumpkin line was that it was all part of a secret plan for Trump to pardon him and let him go once he got to America. That didn't happen, so now you've got this Plan B to fall back on. What's so hard about just calling a spade a spade?

    This is as bad as your attempts to paint Trump as pro-2nd Amendment.

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And the reason for re-imprisoning Chelsea Manning for not cooperating with a bogus prosecution is......? And before you say "To protect him/her for Clinton" remember he'd been walking around free for years.
    Its possible that the reason for arresting her is that she was complicit in the crimes that they extradited Assange on. I don't know if this is true but I think they have to charge Assange to have a reason to extradite him here, and that he can't pardon Assange unless he is charged with a crime. Its still a lot more probable that he would be dead if Clinton won. Even Rand couldn't publicly say that he would pardon Snowden but most of us understood the politics of the issue was too charged to speak out about, he said that Clapper should be in jail with him.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas for Trumpkins.

    What kind of argument is this? Did you rush into excuse mode this fast every time Obama did something horrible and explain how good it is that he didn't do something even more horrible?

    When the word that Assange was to be extradited first came out, the Trumpkin line was that it was all part of a secret plan for Trump to pardon him and let him go once he got to America. That didn't happen, so now you've got this Plan B to fall back on. What's so hard about just calling a spade a spade?

    This is as bad as your attempts to paint Trump as pro-2nd Amendment.
    You are a sad Mike Pence supporter. Are you going to cry if Mike Pence doesn't become president?

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Its possible that the reason for arresting her is that she was complicit in the crimes that they extradited Assange on.
    Except the opposite is true. Manning has already been convicted of her crimes. In order to make up an excuse to extradite Assange they had to try to tie him to Manning's crime. So the Trump administration made up this bvllshyt story about Assange helping Manning come up with a password to bypass military security as if Assange was some "master hacker", which he is not. Manning decided not to lie just to avoid imprisonment. (She took the same position that Jerome Corsi took when he said he wouldn't lie just so that Muller would have dirt on Trump). So no. This isn't about Manning having complicity in Assange's "crimes." This is about made up complicity on Assange in Manning's "crimes." Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Except the opposite is true. Manning has already been convicted of her crimes. In order to make up an excuse to extradite Assange they had to try to tie him to Manning's crime. So the Trump administration made up this bvllshyt story about Assange helping Manning come up with a password to bypass military security as if Assange was some "master hacker", which he is not. Manning decided not to lie just to avoid imprisonment. (She took the same position that Jerome Corsi took when he said he wouldn't lie just so that Muller would have dirt on Trump). So no. This isn't about Manning having complicity in Assange's "crimes." This is about made up complicity on Assange in Manning's "crimes." Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
    You say the opposite is true but you claim that they needed Manning to extradite Assange which is what I said. Are you being purposely dishonest?

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You say the opposite is true but you claim that they needed Manning to extradite Assange which is what I said. Are you being purposely dishonest?
    No. But you are being purposefully stupid. Again, Manning is not being charged with being complicit in Assange's crimes. Assange is being charged with being complicit in Manning's crimes. This is what you said moron.

    Its possible that the reason for arresting her is that she was complicit in the crimes that they extradited Assange on

    So no. That's not possible. Again the crime was done by Manning. Assange is the one being charged with complicity. Got it now or do I have to break it down to a second grade level?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 94
    Last Post: 05-07-2017, 10:53 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
  4. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 04:45 AM
  5. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 04:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •