Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For Libertarians To Leave The GOP?

Time For Libertarians To Leave The GOP?

Libertarians have been uncomfortably participating in GOP primaries because that party, despite being nearly identical to the other as a matter of policy, at least payed lip service to small government, which gave those of us trying to actually pursue smaller government some degree of cover. I always argued in favor of this strategy, but I'm not sure the rationale still applies, with the modern GOP increasingly not even paying lip service to small government. Amash is on the verge of losing his next reelection because the Trumpenproles tolerate nothing but mindless obedience to Dear Leader. Sanford already lost an election for the same reason. Rand's been lobotomized. Should we go back to the LP and try to turn it into something functional? Create a new party? Sure, we wouldn't win any elections anytime soon, but we're not winning any now. Better to be in principled opposition, a seed for future growth, than to be slowly assimilated into the TrumpBorg. If Amash decides to run on the LP ticket in 2020, which is looking increasingly likely, that may be as good a signal as any that it's time to GTFO and go find some greener pastures.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Amash is on the verge of losing his next reelection because the Trumpenproles tolerate nothing but mindless obedience to Dear Leader.
    Wrong.

Rand's been lobotomized.

Also wrong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Read my sig. It's pretty simple.

You like the GOP and politics? Then do GOP and politics. Don't like 'em? Do something else. Do what you enjoy, do what you're good at, work toward more liberty.

I hate politics, but I enjoy watching from the sidelines somewhat in certain circumstances. I certainly don't like partying with a bunch of Republicans, although there are plenty of people on the right who I like.

I support Trump to the degree I choose to because he is anti-establishment.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It’s time for libertarians to leave the Libertarian Party and join the Constitution Party.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wrong.
    Down 16 points against pro-Trump challenger

http://https://reason.com/2019/06/12...blican-primary

I'm not saying he'll definitely lose, but this is a pretty clear indication of what it takes to work within the GOP.

(blind obedience to POTUS)

Libertarians cannot even get along with each other how would they ever expect to make a difference?

Yes, let's make libertarianism completely irrelevant and ensure a communist dictatorship.

The GOP is moving our direction and we can't have that so now is the perfect time to make them hate us and never listen to us for at least a generation at which point the invasion will be complete and we will all be running from an all powerful intelligence state enabled by overwhelming numbers.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm not saying he'll definitely lose, but this is a pretty clear indication of what it takes to work within the GOP.

There is a difference between "blind obedience" and joining forces with the likes of Pelosi and Waters and Schiff and Cortez and Omar and all the rest of the neo-bolsheviks in calling for impeachment because "I don't like that $#@!ing guy".
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There is a difference between "blind obedience" and joining forces with the likes of Pelosi and Waters and Schiff and Cortez and Omar and all the rest of the neo-bolsheviks in calling for impeachment because "I don't like that $#@!ing guy".
    Different people $#@!ing hate Trump for different reasons.

The Dems $#@!ing hate Trump because he's a member of the other party.

Amash $#@!ing hates Trump because Trump is an enemy of liberty.

But the deepstate that he is enabling with his impeachment support is our friend?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But the deepstate that he is enabling with his impeachment support is our friend?
    lulz

Yes, let's make libertarianism completely irrelevant and ensure a communist dictatorship.

The GOP is moving our direction [snip]
    Wait, what?
    "The Patriarch"

Should we go back to the LP
    Yes, you should go back to the LP, immediately. You would be welcome.

That's not what I said was wrong. Ya, he may lose, but it's not because blind obedience to Trump, it is because he went Leroy Jenkins on a bunch of leftist nonsense.

That's not what I said was wrong. Ya, he may lose, but it's not because blind obedience to Trump, it is because he went Leroy Jenkins on a bunch of leftist nonsense.
    It's because he criticized Trump, pure and simple.

And this is how that reasoning operates among Trump's base:

I support Trump to the degree I choose to because he is anti-establishment.
    Everybody knows Trump's anti-establishment, therefore anyone who fights him must be...yep, establishment.

Fighting that particular psychosis is clearly futile; so I say, walk away and do something else.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-13-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Different people $#@!ing hate Trump for different reasons.

The Dems $#@!ing hate Trump because he's a member of the other party.

And RINO/neocon/nevertrumpers hate Trump because........................................... ..

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wrong.

And RINO/neocon/nevertrumpers hate Trump because........................................... ..
    They don't; they fill his administration, shill for him on FOX, donate money to him.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yes, you should go back to the LP, immediately. You would be welcome.
    Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Ron Paul

One thing I know for sure, not voting for that dweeby nerd Ron Paul. Hell to the no!!!!

And this is how that reasoning operates among Trump's base:

Everybody knows Trump's anti-establishment, therefore anyone who fights him must be...yep, establishment.

Fighting that particular psychosis is clearly futile; so I say, walk away and do something else.
    Nope, Rand, Massie and even Amash have criticized Trump without the reaction Amash got by endorsing the treasonous coup.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nope, Rand, Massie and even Amash have criticized Trump without the reaction Amash got by endorsing the treasonous coup.
    You do realize this country was founded on treason, right?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I must spread reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You do realize this country was founded on treason, right?
    These traitors are the bad guys, they even are working with the Redcoats.
    Think of it as a counter-revolution.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I must spread reputation.
    Covered.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These traitors are the bad guys, they even are working with the Redcoats.
    Think of it as a counter-revolution.
    Don't tell me what to think junior. You're completely full of $#@!. So now Amash, one of the few Ron Paul types left is working with the Redcoats. Spew your poison on someone else.
    "The Patriarch"

Don't tell me what to think junior. You're completely full of $#@!. So now Amash, one of the few Ron Paul types left is working with the Redcoats. Spew your poison on someone else.
    He's working with the scum that are, he may be too ignorant to know it but he is working with the bad guys.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They don't; they fill his administration, shill for him on FOX, donate money to him.
    Not at all true, not at all convincing.

Fox didn't like him at all.. remember Megan Kelly?

Then one day, they realized.. if they don't at least pay lip service to Trump, they will lose a lot of money from viewership. So they let the other networks do the shilling and pretend to like him. Except for Tucker, he actually mostly likes Trump.

Plenty of devout NeverTrumpers fill his administration. It sucks, but that is what Trump thinks will get the most done and be best for the country, from his understanding of things.

He's working with the scum that are, he may be too ignorant to know it but he is working with the bad guys.
    Oh, well I'm sure if you shared your infinite wisdom with him he would see the light and start sucking Trumps dick.
    "The Patriarch"

Oh, well I'm sure if you shared your infinite wisdom with him he would see the light and start sucking Trumps dick.
    I think he's too busy making out with Pelosi and Brennan to listen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think he's too busy making out with Pelosi and Brennan to listen.
    Absolutely, anyone who doesn't fall in line with the great and powerful Swordsmyth is obviously a commie, traitor and in league with the democrats.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast