Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump announces Sarah Sanders' departure

Trump announces Sarah Sanders' departure

Several House Democrats had some harsh words for White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders after President Trump announced her eventual departure at the end of June.

Sanders said on Thursday that serving as press secretary was, besides having children, the "most special experience" of her life and that she "loved every minute, even the hard minutes."
    Trump and Sanders both appeared at a White House event on Thursday where he praised her as "tough." "We've been through a lot together and she's tough, but she's good," he said.

On Twitter, Trump also encouraged Sanders to run for her father Mike Huckabee's old position as governor of Arkansas.
    "She is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job! I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas - she would be fantastic," he said. "Sarah, thank you for a job well done!"

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...-her-departure
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So who's the new shill?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So who's the new shill?
    CNN is still around, unfortunately.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wonder who shes going to be replaced with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I bet she is glad to get out of that job .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    ?
    If he loses his other job it might be a good idea.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm really going to miss her.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ?
    "John, John, could you please elaborate on that, what do you mean?"

[silence]

[buzzing]

[louder buzzing]

[walls vibrating]

[BOOM!!!]

exuent reporters in ball of fire

She hasn't even had a press conference in over three months.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So who's the new shill?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If he loses his other job it might be a good idea.
    Yeah....

How about... ?

If it doesn't work out at Boeing?

Yeah....

How about... ?

If it doesn't work out at Boeing?
    No, it would bring her back into the administration, Bolton would be demoted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Kellyanne Conway may be considered but she is feeling the heat these days too.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kellyan...al-statements/

Federal watchdog recommends Kellyanne Conway be removed from job over repeat Hatch Act violations

A federal watchdog has recommended that President Trump remove White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, one of his top advisers, from federal service due to her repeat violations of the Hatch Act, which prohibits government employees from making political statements while acting in an official capacity.

The Office of the Special Counsel — the ethics office for the White House, which is unrelated to former special counsel Robert Mueller — sent a report to the president Thursday finding that Conway had violated the act "on numerous occasions" by criticizing Democratic presidential candidates in TV interviews and on social media. While the president and vice president are exempt from the Hatch Act, that privilege does not extend to federal employees.

"Ms. Conway's violations, if left unpunished, would send a message to all federal employees that they need not abide by the Hatch Act's restrictions. Her actions thus erode the principal foundation of our democratic system — the rule of law," the OSC said in the letter to Mr. Trump, calling Conway a "repeat offender."

The White House was quick to defend Conway. "The Office of Special Counsel's (OSC) unprecedented actions against Kellyanne Conway are deeply flawed and violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process," White House deputy press secretary Steven Groves said in a statement. "Others, of all political views, have objected to the OSC's unclear and unevenly applied rules which have a chilling effect on free speech for all federal employees. Its decisions seem to be influenced by media pressure and liberal organizations – and perhaps OSC should be mindful of its own mandate to act in a fair, impartial, non-political manner, and not misinterpret or weaponize the Hatch Act."

An OSC report from March 2018 also found that Conway violated the Hatch Act by advocated for and against certain candidates in the 2017 special Senate election in Alabama.

However, Conway has scoffed at the significance of these violations, saying in May that "if you're trying to silence me through the Hatch Act, it's not going to work."

"Let me know when the jail sentence starts," Conway retorted.

The report said that Conway has ignored multiple opportunities pointed out by the OSC to come into compliance with the Hatch Act.

"Ms. Conway's actions and statements stand in stark contrast to the culture of compliance promised by your White House Counsel and undermine your efforts to create and enforce such a culture," the letter to Mr. Trump said.

Sent in your application?
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Kim Kardashian? LOL

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kim-kar...am-2019-06-13/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Kanye?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Kanye?
    LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Good for her. I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I hope she runs for Governor of Arkansas.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I hope she runs for Governor of Arkansas.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Why?
    Because she is a tough woman who won't put up with crap and got to see how the deep state operates.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because she is a tough woman who won't put up with crap and got to see how the deep state operates.
    That description also matches Hillary Clinton.

Lasted longer than I expected.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

That description also matches Hillary Clinton.
    Hillary Clinton is part of the deep state.

Hillary Clinton is part of the deep state.
    How do you know Mike Huckabee's daughter isn't?

How do you know Mike Huckabee's daughter isn't?
    Gut feeling. Based on a strong core foundation, she knows right from wrong, IMHO.
    Last edited by donnay; 06-14-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Thread winner!
    That guy really deserves a promotion, for all the hard work he's done here on behalf of his boss.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast