Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oman Gulf Oil Tankers on Fire, 1 Sunk (Tonkin v2.0?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I had read it was possibly mines. Idk what the odds are of two ships hitting mines but nonetheless I'm waiting for details.
    Most people aren't before jumping to their conclusions/ propaganda. Gotta get the spin in before the facts come in (and possibly contradict the propaganda).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Most people aren't before jumping to their conclusions/ propaganda. Gotta get the spin in before the facts come in (and possibly contradict the propaganda).
    Who's really going to have the facts. Really.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suppose someone is checking the backgrounds of ALL the crew members of each ship for possible terrorist or state run org. links.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

In a perhaps positive sign that could slow the attempts of hawks within the administration to push for war over Thursday's mysterious attacks on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman, US Central Command issued a statement just hours after Pompeo officially blamed Tehran, saying in a CENTCOM press release that “a war with Iran is not in our strategic interest, nor in the best interest of the international community.”

The statement further called for a formal UN investigation into the incident, something for which there's already international momentum. Iran has "categorically" denied having anything to do with the attack, saying through FM Zarif “Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what likely transpired”.
    The entire bizarre event had immediately evoked unusual levels of public skepticism from media pundits to social media users to even CNN.
    Iran’s permanent mission to the UN said on Thursday evening that it “categorically rejects the U.S. unfounded claim with regard to 13 June oil tanker incidents and condemns it in the strongest possible terms,” according to Bloomberg.

US Central Command spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Earl Brown said in the CENTCOM statement: “The U.S. and our regional partners are assisting in the response to attacks in the Gulf of Oman. The U.S. and the international community stand ready to defend our interests, including freedom of navigation.”
    Crucially, the statement continued: “We have no interest in engaging in a new conflict in the Middle East,” and added, “We will defend our interests, but a war with Iran is not in our strategic interest, nor in the best interest of the international community.”

And further interesting is that the administration is claiming possession of photographic and video evidence that the massive fires aboard the tankers, which resulted in the USS Bainbridge initiating an emergency rescue of at least 21 mariners from one of the tankers, were the result of mines placed on the vessels. According to Bloomberg:
    Senior administration officials said that at least one of the ships was attacked by mines. In a briefing with reporters, they showed a photo of a tanker, the Courageous, with a hole in its side caused by a mine that exploded, they said, and an undetonated mine lodged inside.
    The officials said they didn’t know for sure whether the mines were Iranian. The U.S. concluded that Iran was responsible for the attacks based on intelligence sources and the absence of any better explanation, the officials said. They declined to elaborate on the intelligence sources.
    Images and video now being released by @CENTCOM showing what it says is a likely unexploded limpet mine attached to the hull of the Japanese-owned chemical tanker Kokura Courageous. pic.twitter.com/Mzpdm7k0Mc
    — Steve Herman (@W7VOA) June 14, 2019
    Ironically, though it was the US side that pulled out of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal (JCPOA), US officials further said Iran's motive was "to escalate the conflict" with Washington because "it’s not interested in discussions with the U.S.," according to the Bloomberg report.
    CBS has the following detail concerning video evidence pointing to an attack operation involving mines:
    A U.S. defense official told CBS News that the U.S. has video of a small boat coming alongside one of the tankers that was attacked and removing an unexploded "limpet" mine — a type of explosive that can be stuck manually to the side of a vessel. It is the same type of weapon U.S. officials say Iran used to attack four oil tankers off the nearby Emirati port of Fujairah last month.
    But is this what the grainy footage actually shows? It's anything but clear just what is going on in the newly released CENTCOM footage:
    Just in: Pentagon video of what it says is an Iranian boat removing an unexploded mine from one of the attacked oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman. pic.twitter.com/XSxIPcyV6Q
    — Philip Crowther (@PhilipinDC) June 14, 2019
    US officials also told CNN that the video of the mine involved Japanese-owned chemical tanker Kokura Courageous, and that the "small boat" belonged to the Iranian navy.
    The CNN report claims Iran's navy was observed removing an unexploded mine, suggesting early statements that Iran was actually involved in rescue efforts could be true, though the exact nature of just what the purported video proves remains unclear:
    The United States has video and photos that show an Iranian navy boat removing an unexploded mine attached to the hull of the Japanese-owned chemical tanker Kokura Courageous, four US officials tell CNN.
    The anonymous US sources which spoke to CNN suggested the Iranians were actually "removing evidence" and not engaged in a rescue attempt, as the Iranians previously stated:
    The official said the imagery shows a person on board that small boat grabbing the unexploded mine.
    The boat made the move even after the USS Bainbridge, as well as a US drone and P-8 aircraft, had been on the scene for four hours. US defense officials believe that the Iranians were seeking to recover evidence of their involvement in the attack.
    Meanwhile, the question of custody over evidence so near Iran's territorial waters in the Strait of Hormuz will likely quickly prove contentious.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ne-tanker-hull
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Very first thing that popped into my mind is False Flag to start the war with Iran they so desperately want.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    eeyup.... oil jumps 3% 5% 6%....

Russian Market‏@russian_market
    ►Just think for a moment why now?

- Japan and Iran are about to sign a deal..

What would Iran gain by attacking Japanese cargo ships while Japan's PM and Iran's leader were in a meeting in Iran?

2 tankers with Japan-related cargo attacked in Strait of Hormuz as Abe visits Iran

June 13 06:00 pm JST

TOKYO Japanese trade minister Hiroshige Seko said Thursday that two tankers carrying "Japan-related" cargo were attacked near the Strait of Hormuz.
    Hiroshige Seko said on Thursday that all crew members were safely rescued. He said the government has set up a task force and that the government has informed the shipping industry to use precautions.
    The Japan Shipowners' Association said one of the two ships attacked is a Panamanian-registered chemical tanker belonging to its Japanese member and was on its way to Singapore and Thailand, not to Japan.
    It said all 21 Filipino crew members were uninjured.
    The attacks came as Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was wrapping up a two-day trip to Iran with a mission to ease tensions between Tehran and Washington. The timing of the attack was especially sensitive while Abe's high-stakes diplomacy mission was underway.

On Wednesday, after talks with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Abe warned that any "accidental conflict" that could be sparked amid the heightened U.S.-Iran tensions must be avoided.

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...be-visits-Iran

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani shakes hands with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, during a welcome ceremony in Tehran, Iran, June 12, 2019. Official Iranian President website/Handout via REUTERS

June 12, 2019 / 3:55 AM / a day ago

Iranian President: Japan wants to keep buying Iranian oil

DUBAI (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe warned of unintended clashes in the crisis-hit Middle East after meeting the Iranian president in Tehran on Wednesday, amid a brewing confrontation between Iran and the United States.

“Armed conflict needs to be prevented at all costs. Peace and stability in the Middle East is indispensable not only for this region but for global prosperity. No one is hoping for war,” the Japanese leader said.
    “We would like to play the maximum role we can for easing tension. That is what brought me to Iran,” said Abe, whose two-day visit is the first by a Japanese leader to Iran since its 1979 Islamic Revolution.
    While Abe did not mention Japan’s currently suspended purchases of Iranian oil, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said that Japan wants to keep buying Iranian oil.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1TD0RJ

These mines could have been released by subs. Just speculating.

These mines could have been released by subs. Just speculating.
    The big question is what country's subs.

The US has subs that could do it, Israel has subs that could do it, I think Iran has subs that could do it (but they aren't likely to have done it).
    Do the Saudis have subs?
    Anyone else with a presence in the region?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The big question is what country's subs.

The US has subs that could do it, Israel has subs that could do it, I think Iran has subs that could do it (but they aren't likely to have done it).
    Do the Saudis have subs?
    Anyone else with a presence in the region?
    Or, a mine platform (no sub needed) on the sea floor that could remotely release a magnetic mine(s) to float to the surface. Think of it as a weighted mine with a remote controlled quick release.

Or, a mine platform (no sub needed) on the sea floor that could remotely release a magnetic mine(s) to float to the surface. Think of it as a weighted mine with a remote controlled quick release.
    Placed by divers instead of a sub?

That would make the potential culprits include just about anybody with a motive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Placed by divers instead of a sub?

That would make the potential culprits include just about anybody with a motive.
    Yep, or they could have simply tossed it overboard (so to speak). So, they're going to have to really investigate this HARD from every angle. The fact that Pompeo came out so quick with a statement means either A) he's got awesome inside information and spooks on the ground feeding him data instantaneously which also implies (to some degree) a possible CIA/Black Ops job or B) He's full of $#@! and is towing the party line.

Yep, or they could have simply tossed it overboard (so to speak). So, they're going to have to really investigate this HARD from every angle. The fact that Pompeo came out so quick with a statement means either A) he's got awesome inside information and spooks on the ground feeding him data instantaneously which also implies (to some degree) a possible CIA/Black Ops job or B) He's full of $#@! and is towing the party line.
    Identifying the origin of the mines/torpedoes is about the only way to tell who did it unless you watched it happen and let it happen or unless you magically discover documents from inside enemy territory ordering the attack.

But even if you positively ID the mines/torpedoes as Iranian that doesn't rule out the possibility that they were stolen.

This is no incident to declare a war on anyone over, any interested parties need to start doing ASW sweeps of the shipping lanes instead.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

some sources are saying its possibly Limpet mines.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...021100937.html

Washington believes the pictures clearly show members of the Iranian elite force approaching the vessel and removing what it claims is a limpet mine.

"The US Central Command released not just the video but also some stills of the timeline of events from the US perspective in the hours after the attacks," Al Jazeera's Kristen Saloomey, reporting from Washington DC, said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limpet_mine

A limpet mine is a type of naval mine attached to a target by magnets. It is so named because of its superficial similarity to the limpet, a type of sea snail that clings tightly to rocks or other hard surfaces.

A swimmer or diver may attach the mine, which is usually designed with hollow compartments to give the mine slight negative buoyancy, making it easier to handle underwater.

Usually limpet mines are set off by a time fuse. They may also have an anti-handling device, making the mine explode if removed from the hull by enemy divers or by explosions. Sometimes the limpet mine was fitted with a small turbine which would detonate the mine after the ship had sailed a certain distance, so that it was likely to sink in navigable channels or deep water out of reach of easy salvage. Thus, determining the cause of the sinking is more difficult.

So, if it was a Limpet mines they could have been placed while the ships were in port and timed to explode when out to sea.

Speculating: Heck that means it could have been anybody, even the Saudi's to start a war with Iran. Who knows.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 06-13-2019 at 11:22 PM.

I had read it was possibly mines. Idk what the odds are of two ships hitting mines but nonetheless I'm waiting for details.
    That is exactly what this was...mines...maybe decades old, that finally broke free of their mooring cables and drifted around waiting to blow up against something.

I'd be willing to bet on that.

Not that it would change the likely outcome...we have a long history of being pulled into wars based on sketchy or untrue maritime attacks on shipping.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That is exactly what this was...mines...maybe decades old, that finally broke free of their mooring cables and drifted around waiting to blow up against something.

I'd be willing to bet on that.

Not that it would change the likely outcome...we have a long history of being pulled into wars based on sketchy or untrue maritime attacks on shipping.
    Congress should vote on any sort of war, any war with Iran started by the executive branch do not fall under the current AUMF. I would be suprised that it was just a random mine that stuck on there, the ocean is a big place and it was suspicously timed.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/m...y-starts-probe
    (do not look for clarity here.... just posting to demonstrate the various 'versions' even within a single article updated only 6 hrs ago. )

The crew of the Norwegian-owned Front Altair abandoned ship in waters between Gulf Arab states and Iran
    after a blast that a source said might have been from a magnetic mine.
    The ship was ablaze, sending a huge plume of smoke into the air.

The crew were picked up by a passing ship and handed to an Iranian rescue boat.

The second ship, a Japanese-owned tanker, was hit by a suspected torpedo, the firm that chartered the ship said.
    Its crew were also picked up safely. However, a person with knowledge of the matter said the attacks did not use torpedoes.

The Bahrain-based US Navy Fifth Fleet said it had assisted the two tankers after receiving distress calls.

HULL BREACHED

Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement said the Japanese tanker Kokuka Courageous was damaged
    in a “suspected attack” that breached the hull above the water line while transporting methanol from Saudi Arabia to Singapore.

Japan’s Kokuka Sangyo, owner of the Kokuka Courageous, said the ship was hit twice over a three-hour period.

A shipping broker said the vessel might have been struck by a magnetic mine.

“Kokuka Courageous is adrift without any crew on board,” the source said.

The crew of about 21 or 22 people was picked up by the Coastal Ace vessel, Mr Denis Bross of Acta Marine in the Netherlands told Reuters.
    He said they were handed to a US Navy vessel.

Taiwan’s state oil refiner CPC said the Front Altair, owned by Norway’s Frontline, was “suspected of being hit by a torpedo” around 4am GMT
    carrying a Taiwan-bound cargo of 75,000 tonnes of petrochemical feedstock naphtha, which Refinitiv Eikon data showed had been picked up from Ruwais in the UAE.

Frontline said its vessel was on fire but afloat, denying a report by the Iranian news agency IRNA that the vessel had sunk.

Front Altair’s 23-member crew abandoned ship after the blast and were picked up by the nearby Hyundai Dubai vessel.
    The crew was then passed to an Iranian rescue boat, Hyundai Merchant Marine said in a statement.

Iran’s IRNA reported that Iranian search and rescue teams picked up 44 sailors from the two damaged tankers and took them to the Iranian port of Jask.

The numbers in the Iranian media report could not be independently confirmed.

Iran’s state television showed what it said was a video of rescued crew members in Jask, showing them sitting on sofa, chatting and watching TV.
    There was one woman among them.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was visiting Teheran.......... carrying a message for Iran from Mr Trump.
    Iran said it would not respond to Mr Trump’s overture, the substance of which was not made public.

=========

Smoking Gun? False Flag? U.S. Releases Video Allegedly Showing Iran’s Mine On Tanker Hull
    https://southfront.org/smoking-gun-f...n-tanker-hull/

The video released by Central Command shows a boat coming up to the side of the tanker. An individual stands up on the bow of the boat and removes some object from the tanker’s hull. The US says that the object is likely an unexploded mine.

Central Command statement:

“U.S. Naval Forces in the region received two separate distress calls at 6:12 a.m. local time from the motor tanker (M/T) Altair and a second one at 7a.m. local time from the M/T Kokuka Courageous.

Both vessels were in international waters in the Gulf of Oman approximately 10 nautical miles apart at the time of the distress calls. USS Bainbridge was approximately 40 nautical miles away from the M/T Altair at the time of the attack, and immediately began closing the distance.

At 8:09 a.m. local time a U.S. aircraft observed an IRGC Hendijan class patrol boat and multiple IRGC fast attack craft/fast inshore attack craft (FAC/FIAC) in the vicinity of the M/T Altair.

At 9:12 a.m. local time a U.S. aircraft observes the FAC/FIAC pull a raft from the M/T Altair from the water.

At 9:26 a.m. local time the Iranians requested that the motor vessel Hyundai Dubai, which had rescued the sailors from the M/T Altair, to turn the crew over to the Iranian FIACs. The motor vessel Hyundai Dubai complied with the request and transferred the crew of the M/T Altair to the Iranian FIACs.

At 11:05 a.m. local time USS Bainbridge approaches the Dutch tug Coastal Ace, which had rescued the crew of twenty-one sailors from the M/T Kokuka Courageous who had abandoned their ship after discovering a probable unexploded limpet mine on their hull following an initial explosion.

While the Hendijan patrol boat appeared to attempt to get to the tug Coastal Ace before USS Bainbridge, the mariners were rescued by USS Bainbridge at the request of the master of the M/T Kokuka Courageous. The rescued sailors are currently aboard USS Bainbridge.

At 4:10 p.m. local time an IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat approached the M/T Kokuka Courageous and was observed and recorded removing the unexploded limpet mine from the M/T Kokuka Courageous.

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/statu...46296341508096

so...
    1 'mine' (above waterline) did not explode.

who would KNOW (at the scene/in the 'moment') that 1 (of 2) did NOT explode?
    ans. the perpetrators.

so...
    this was an obvious fucck up. it was SUPPOSED TO BLOW.

so...
    we are watching a scramble, a 'mad'/rushed contingency 'plan' being executed by the perpetrators.

Nice video quality. Looks more like 1919 rather than 2019.

https://twitter.com/SaxonThegn/statu...57380846788609

(so it must be 'worth it'... the 'risk' to grab back the mine/evidence.)

This is not a 'clumsy' op.
    This is a WELL EXECUTED cover (for a $#@! up.)

Pentagon HAD the drone footage.... they have LOTS of drone footage (that we NEVER get to see.)
    Don't they.

So (suddenly) all 'permissions' are granted in less than 24 hrs: they release this grainy piece of crap footage.
    Why?
    cuz They can SPIN this anyway they want THAT'S why. (it would NEVER have seen the light of day otherwise.)
    (not like Apache attack footage mowing down civilians is it??)

Imma haf ta go wi MOSSAD in a mock IRGC fast boat removing their fuuck up.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-14-2019 at 07:43 AM.

'A nation of terror': Trump accuses Iran of involvement in tanker attacks

Tehran rebuffs 'alarming' accusation, EU calls for maximum restraint

U.S. President Donald Trump confirmed the assessment of his top advisers and publicly accused Iran of responsibility for recent attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Trump said on Friday that Iran's culpability was "exposed" by the United States. While calling into Fox News Channel's Fox & Friends, he said of the Thursday attacks, "Iran did do it."

"They are a nation of terror, and they've changed a lot since I was president," Trump said.

Iran rebuffed blame for the attacks and affirmed its responsibility for security in the nearby Strait of Hormuz, where almost a fifth of the world's oil passes, state radio reported Friday.

"Obviously, accusing Iran for such a suspicious and unfortunate incident is the simplest and the most convenient way for [U.S. Secretary of State Mike] Pompeo and other U.S. officials. These accusations are alarming," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Abbas Mousavi was quoted as saying by Iran's state radio.

"We are responsible for ensuring the security of the strait and we have rescued the crew of those attacked tankers in the shortest possible time."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-u...tion-1.5175368
    "The Patriarch"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate to point out that the corrupt governments of Venezuela and Iran are in business with big oil. This means that they aren’t “real”, but “controlled” opposition...
    I’m not sure about Assad and his BRITISH, banker wife though!

Maybe this false flag (if it is?) was planned at the Bilderberg conference in Switzerland: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-Bilderberg

It’s vertainly possible that this is a false flag in the Gulf of Tonkin tradition, but I don’t think it’s similar to the Skripal poisoning (that was staged to give Zionist pig Putin a boost in popularity shortly for the presidential elections) or even the White Helmets.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    **note to self: put the 'white helmets' 'skripal poisoning' & these gulf sabotage events into the same file.
    Maybe it’s more similar to the following (this couldn’t possibly have been a reason for targeting Yemen could it?).

The attack on the USS Cole on 12 October 2000 was blamed on the mighty Al Qaeda. It is highly unlikely that an army ship like the USS Cole could successfully be attacked by a terrorist group, just because it is almost impossible.
    According to Kevin Ryan security measures were simply bypassed to make the bombing possible, with evidence to suspect that the bombing of the USS Cole was an inside job.
    The government of Yemen concluded it was an inside job by the USA, with a second bomb going off from inside the ship: https://digwithin.net/2012/10/07/the-uss-cole/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Ron Paul @ronpaul
    15 min.
    America was never meant to be an Empire. Liberty and Empire are mutually exclusive.

But alas the road of Empire was taken long before any of us were born, and it has been in steady decline for the last 50 years.

Ron Paul @ronpaul
    15 min
    Empires always end in a melange of moral and financial bankruptcy. America is following this script to the letter.

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...-before-attack

Operator of tanker says sailors saw 'flying objects' just before attack

TOKYO
    The Japanese operator ship operator of one of two oil tankers attacked near the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday said that sailors on board its vessel, the Kokuka Courageous, saw "flying objects" just before the attack, suggesting the tanker wasn't damaged by mines.

That account contradicts what the U.S. military has said as it released a video it says shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships in the suspected attack.

Speaking at a news conference in Tokyo, Yutaka Katada, president of Kokuka Sangyo Co, said he believes the flying objects seen by the sailors could be bullets, and denied possibility of mines or torpedoes because the damages were above the ship's waterline. He called reports of mine attack "false."

Katada said the crew members also spotted an Iranian naval ship nearby, but did not specify whether that was before or after the attacks. The tanker survived the first attack that hit near the engine room, followed by another causing damage to the star-board side toward the back.

Meanwhile, Japan's defense minister said the government has no intention of sending Japanese troops to respond to attacks on a Japanese-operated oil tanker in the Middle East.

All 21 Filipino crewmembers of the vessel were rescued and were now on a U.S. warship.

Takeshi Iwaya told reporters at a news conference that the situation is not considered an imminent threat to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    What would Iran gain by attacking Japanese cargo ships while Japan's PM and Iran's leader were in a meeting in Iran?
    Japan is the fourth largest importer of oil. Iran wants them to buy oil from Iran by bypassing US sanctions and buy direct from them. Japan refuses to do so and since they are a close ally then, the ally of my enemy as a potential buyer should be warned that we (Iran) can interrupt their shipments unless you buy direct and bypass sanctions.

Japan is the fourth largest importer of oil. Iran wants them to buy oil from Iran by bypassing US sanctions and buy direct from them. Japan refuses to do so and since they are a close ally then, the ally of my enemy as a potential buyer should be warned that we (Iran) can interrupt their shipments unless you buy direct and bypass sanctions.
    And it also serves as a reminder to everyone else that Iran really could shut down tanker traffic through straits of Hormuz if they decide that MAD is warranted.

I still think it is more likely Israel or the Saudis or someone else but Iran does have a more of a motive for this than the reflexive pro-America's enemies crowd wants to admit.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And it also serves as a reminder to everyone else that Iran really could shut down tanker traffic through straits of Hormuz if they decide that MAD is warranted.

I still think it is more likely Israel or the Saudis or someone else but Iran does have a more of a motive for this than the reflexive pro-America's enemies crowd wants to admit.
    I'm waiting for a headline re: some Iran backed group out of Saudi Arabia planted these in the port of departure with timers. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 06-14-2019 at 10:22 PM.

I'm waiting for a headline re: some Iran backed group out of Saudi Arabia planted these in the port of departure with timers. Time will tell.
    My (imaginary) money would be bet on them trying to blame the Houthis and Iran.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

My (imaginary) money would be bet on them trying to blame the Houthis and Iran.
    I mean think about it. You'd get two scapegoats for the price of one. Saudi Arabia would have an excuse to squash resistance and we'd push on Iran.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 06-14-2019 at 10:38 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Don't forget the lawsuit that proved it was actually Iran all along that did 9/11.
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=54862664

next...
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-15-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Operator of tanker says sailors saw 'flying objects' just before attack
    TOKYO
    The Japanese operator ship operator of one of two oil tankers attacked near the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday said that sailors on board its vessel, the Kokuka Courageous, saw "flying objects" just before the attack, suggesting the tanker wasn't damaged by mines.
    https://japantoday.com/category/nati...-before-attack

growing number of claims that "Ninja Missile" (Hellfire missile w/o explosive) were used:

DoC @DocPakistan
    24 min.
    HERE IS THE EVIDENCE US USE NINJA MISSILE USING DRONE FROM OMAN

https://twitter.com/nhk_news/status/1139114208463872001

The Daily Beast @thedailybeast
    12 hod.
    Japanese oil tanker’s owner: Pentagon has it wrong on what happened during attack in Gulf
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/japane...ut-gulf-attack

https://twitter.com/DocPakistan/stat...63258779041792

UKUS

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1139663424886120449

Guardian smear piece...
    Corbyn: no 'credible evidence' of Iran role in tanker attacks
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tanker-attacks

“Without credible evidence about the tanker attacks, the government’s rhetoric will only increase the threat of war.”

The foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, described Corbyn’s comments as “pathetic and predictable”.

The FCO had said: “No other state or non-state actor could plausibly have been responsible,”

“Pathetic and predictable,” Hunt tweeted. “From Salisbury to the Middle East, why can he never bring himself to back British allies, British intelligence or British interests?”
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-15-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast