Thread: The State Department's War On Americans Against War On Iran

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The State Department's War On Americans Against War On Iran

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donald Trumps State Department.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Donald Trumps State Department.
    He's doing this to take away Democratic talking points.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It's like triangulation on steroids.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    To be fair to Trump, he is very consistent in these kind of situations. 24hrs into the Skripal case, he knew the Russians did it. No need for any investigation, he already pointed fingers at the same people the deep state already wants to blame. He does this to undermine the deep state and take the narrative away from them making it his own

I have been probably more critical about Trumps views on Iran than anyone but they wouldn't of let him be president if he wasn't "tough on Iran". He did say that Iran attacked the ship but when he was pressed about what he would do about it he didn't say he would go to war with Iran or anything. He did an interview and was asked three different ways in order to trip him up and every time he derailed the question with "we will see what happens". The democrats weren't really any better when you think about the Iran deal in terms of what it was designed to do. The Iran deal was designed so that if Iran broke the deal they would have an excuse to go to war with Iran. Right now Trump appeases the hardliners by not trading with Iran, and insisting on our allies not trade with Iran, which I think is better than a deal that pretty much guarantees war with Iran after they "break the deal". The Obama adminstration spent billions of dollars hailing the deal as peace with Iran but in reality it was intervention in Iran, telling them what they are allowed to do with their own money. You guys think the strategy of not "being tough on Iran" works but how well does that work if you can't win the election?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I have been probably more critical about Trumps views on Iran than anyone but they wouldn't of let him be president if he wasn't "tough on Iran". He did say that Iran attacked the ship but when he was pressed about what he would do about it he didn't say he would go to war with Iran or anything. He did an interview and was asked three different ways in order to trip him up and every time he derailed the question with "we will see what happens". The democrats weren't really any better when you think about the Iran deal in terms of what it was designed to do. The Iran deal was designed so that if Iran broke the deal they would have an excuse to go to war with Iran. Right now Trump appeases the hardliners by not trading with Iran, and insisting on our allies not trade with Iran, which I think is better than a deal that pretty much guarantees war with Iran after they "break the deal". The Obama administration spent billions of dollars hailing the deal as peace with Iran but in reality it was intervention in Iran, telling them what they are allowed to do with their own money. You guys think the strategy of not "being tough on Iran" works but how well does that work if they can't win the election?
    This is just an easily debunkable lie, they let Obama become president and he campaigned on repairing our relationship with Iran and they did it 2x. And forget what they let him get away with during the campaign, if now that he is president, he and people in his administration cannot stop escalating with Iran, what is the point of tricking the deep state?

It's evident to anyone who is not infatuated with Trump that he and his people are trying their darn hardest to start a war with Iran. The failure is not from lack of trying but its because of their incompetence and the level of skepticism in the general public. Trump willfully or being forced is doing the bidding of the deep state and no rational person can deny this.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is just an easily debunkable lie, they let Obama become president and he campaigned on repairing our relationship with Iran and they did it 2x. And forget what they let him get away with during the campaign, if now that he is president, he and people in his administration cannot stop escalating with Iran, what is the point of tricking the deep state?

It's evident to anyone who is not infatuated with Trump that he and his people are trying their darn hardest to start a war with Iran. The failure is not from lack of trying but its because of their incompetence and the level of skepticism in the general public. Trump willfully or being forced is doing the bidding of the deep state and no rational person can deny this.
    The Iran deal was not a repair of relations, the Iran deal in its inception, the think tank that created it wrote in the same write up that it was designed so that they would break the deal and we would be able to go to war with Iran.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Iran deal was not a repair of relations, the Iran deal in its inception, the think tank that created it wrote in the same write up that it was designed so that they would break the deal and we would be able to go to war with Iran.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Rubbish logic. Say what you will about the Iran nuclear deal, it was negotiated with Iran on the table and even though it was not perfect, they prefer that deal to the total pressure tactic Trump and Bolton has imposed on them. If Trump thinks that deal is not good, he could have kept the deal in place while he negotiated a better deal for the US and Iran. He did not do this, he went with the neocons to cancel the deal while imposing newer sanctions on Iran.

He is trying to push Iran into a corner in the hope that they will strike the US. He is a neocon and its high time you people stop making excuses for him on this forum. I think breitbart has a forum for that sort of shyte.

Rubbish logic. Say what you will about the Iran nuclear deal, it was negotiated with Iran on the table and even though it was not perfect, they prefer that deal to the total pressure tactic Trump and Bolton has imposed on them. If Trump thinks that deal is not good, he could have kept the deal in place while he negotiated a better deal for the US and Iran. He did not do this, he went with the neocons to cancel the deal while imposing newer sanctions on Iran.

He is trying to push Iran into a corner in the hope that they will strike the US. He is a neocon and its high time you people stop making excuses for him on this forum. I think breitbart has a forum for that sort of shyte.
    Even when Rand said the deal was bad he said it was bad because it took off sanctions (pressure). Trump was asked what he would do about Iran after the shipping incident and he said he would bring them to the table to make a deal. He didn't say he would bomb the $#@! out of them. Thats why they wanted to put in Joe Biden, someone who was part of the whole Iran deal scam. Or impeach Trump and put in a neocon Mike Pence, who wants war with Iran. But you are right, lets vote for Tulsi Gabbard because she consponsored legislation that would authorize force against Iran, that would be a much better pressure tactic and would end all the middle east wars, its not a scam.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to juleswin again.

Rep the guy who's avatar advocated for nuclear war.
    Ad hominem much?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why Rand said he was against the Iran deal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...an-deal-242945

Rand Paul: Don’t blow up Iran deal

By SEUNG MIN KIM

09/20/2017 05:21 PM EDT
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter

Sen. Rand Paul, who opposed the nuclear deal with Iran two years ago, wants the United States to stay in the agreement — even as President Donald Trump sends clues that he is preparing to derail it.

In an interview Wednesday, the Kentucky Republican said he believes evidence shows that Iran has been complying with the terms of the deal, cut by former President Barack Obama and aimed at curbing Tehran’s nuclear ambitions. Instead of withdrawing from the nuclear deal, Paul argued that the administration should instead look at a deal that would target Iran’s continuing ballistic missile program.

“Most of the complaints about Iran don’t have anything to do with the agreement. They complain about ballistic missiles and other things, but that’s not part of the agreement,” Paul told POLITICO. “I think while the agreement’s not perfect, my main concern has always been compliance. But if they’re complying with it, I think we should stay in it.”

Trump’s visit to the United Nations this week has drawn increased attention to the fate of the controversial nuclear deal, particularly on Wednesday when the president told reporters that he had already decided whether the United States will remain in the agreement — but declined to disclose his decision.
    POLITICO Playbook newsletter

Email

By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from POLITICO. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Trump shredded the Obama-era deal in his address to the U.N. General Assembly one day prior, calling the agreement “one of the worst and most one-sided transactions the United States has ever entered into.” That prompted Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to demand an apology from Trump.

Despite the rhetoric, the Trump administration has already passed up opportunities this year to leave the agreement, re-certifying multiple times that Iran was complying with the deal’s terms.

The next recertification deadline is Oct. 15, and if the administration declines to do so by then, it would kick the issue to Congress, which would have 60 days to re-impose sanctions on Iran and effectively kill the agreement.
    ADVERTISING

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, the most high-ranking Democratic lawmaker to oppose the Iran nuclear agreement two years ago, also told reporters this week that he wasn’t ready for the nation to withdraw from the deal.
    Sen. Lisa Murkowski is pictured. | AP Photo

Senate leaves town with Graham-Cassidy bill hanging in the balance

“I thought the agreement was a bad agreement but I also said that let’s see once it passed, let’s give it a little time to see if it’s working or not,” Schumer said. “If Iran violates the deal that’s one thing. If they don’t and do other bad things, let’s not violate the deal, let’s go after them on the other bad things.”

But Trump has faced a significant push from hawkish Republicans on Capitol Hill to dismantle the Iran deal, which was uniformly opposed by GOP lawmakers two years ago as well as several key Democrats.

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), a persistent critic of the Iran deal and a Trump ally, has made it clear that he disagreed with the Trump administration’s previous certifications that Tehran was complying with the terms of the agreement.