Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsi Gabbard sounds like a libertarian-leaning Democrat (Ron likes her!)

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    A Republican wouldn't damage your property or spit in your food for wearing a Rand Paul shirt?
    Such a difference is insignificant. I was hoping to hear more about Austrian economics.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Tell me more about the difference between Democrats and Republicans grandpa.
    Liberals for the most part support more self licking icecream solutions that keep them in power longer, nanny states. Not so they can help people out, so they can have an electorate that is enslaved to vote for them. While Republicans like Rand Paul do not.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Liberals for the most part support more self licking icecream solutions that keep them in power longer, nanny states. Not so they can help people out, so they can have an electorate that is enslaved to vote for them. While Republicans like Rand Paul do not.
    But generally, Republicans do that too. Rand is an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Thats a non argument you are talking about liberals. You can't ask me to compare apples to oranges and then say well you have a bunch of apples that pretend to be oranges.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    She has great rhetoric on some issues but I don't trust her. Just like another popular politician on here.....
    Agreed. Don't do as I say or pay attention to how I vote, just listen to my words.

No generally politicians lie, and pretend to be something they aren't. I'm talking about the electorate. Atleast with a fake apple I can pressure them to do the right thing with an electorate that doesn't like the self licking ice cream cones and slavery.

Take Trump for example, he is more liberal on military spending than I would prefer but he talks a good game about getting better deals and getting a more powerful military for all the money we spend. He says stuff like this, which is way better than anything the democrats are saying about guns. That we should talk about gun violence to stop it but dont take the guns from the "good people"

Just talk about it. You have to talk about it. But Piers, when somebody has a gun illegally and nobody else has a gun because the laws are that you can't have a gun those people are gone, they have no choice. They have no chance. They have no chance. It's a very tough subject. But the bad guys are not getting rid of their guns, pretty much everybody agrees with that.
    The people that obey the laws, if there was a law passed, they get rid -- Those people are sitting ducks. You know the one I think about the most is Paris, where there are so many people killed were that wacky group of people, went into the nightclub and they just boom, boom, boom, and they killed like tremendous numbers of people horribly injured, so many were still in the hospital, I read the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I might send her a $3 donation in hopes of her making the debates but I hold no illusion that the dems will allow her to say much or allow her to win the nomination.
    That's really the only point here. It would be good to have an anti-war voice in the Democrat debates. Other than that, Gabbard is no libertarian, and her sincerity on anti-war votes is in question.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Thats a non argument you are talking about liberals. You can't ask me to compare apples to oranges and then say well you have a bunch of apples that pretend to be oranges.
    I see the comparison of Republicans and Democrats more as a comparison of two very like things. Or maybe a giant douche to turd sandwich comparison. Not apples and oranges though.

Besides, even apples and oranges can be compared well enough. Both are fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I might send her a $3 donation in hopes of her making the debates but I hold no illusion that the dems will allow her to say much or allow her to win the nomination.
    But not Adam Kokesh, who is a libertarian?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    OP has 4 posts, three of which fell by the wayside or he wanted deleted. Other thread was a post about seeking activists from here to Timbuktu. OP has a donations link for Tulsi in his thread here. Appears to me like he joined under the guise of feigning Rand support just to drum up support for his Dem candidate.

I listened to the speech. Just another typical Democrat with all the catch phrases:

"...rich and powerful..."
    "...putting people ahead of profits..."
    "...medicare for all..."
    "I'll tackle climate change by ushering in a green century."

I could see somebody picking her as secretary of state. But for president? No way.
    It is somewhat strange how she emphasized that she wants to be Commander in Chief.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I see the comparison of Republicans and Democrats more as a comparison of two very like things. Or maybe a giant douche to turd sandwich comparison. Not apples and oranges though.

Besides, even apples and oranges can be compared well enough. Both are fruit.
    yeah but Rand isn't a douche or a turd sandwich, but people who pretend like they arent don't deserve any energy. I would support a Ron Paul or a Rand Paul 2020 even if they ran for the Democrat or Republican party, because atleast they would be promoting only good ideas to the electorate. Tulsi Gabbard is a gun grabbing CFR poison pill. Bernie Sanders is a communist that would destroy the whole country. Third party people who run don't deserve any energy because they don't influence the electorate. Our ideas get dilluted when they run third party and get demonized by the republicans and democrats.

yeah but Rand isn't a douche or a turd sandwich
    That's true. And for that reason he's not a good example to mention when discussing how alike and/or different Republicans and Democrats are.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It is somewhat strange how she emphasized that she wants to be Commander in Chief.
    She talked about it on the Joe Rogan podcast. She wants to command the military to stop all the wars that's why she uses those words, she wants be a general and tell the military how to defend the country because its the presidents job to command the military. Its a bit different than some presidents that rely on generals that have experience for ideas. The argument against the president telling the military to stop the wars is it doesn't mean bad people aren't going to ever attack us. So you would have to rely on her ability to defend the country in the face of evil.

That's true. And for that reason he's not a good example to mention when discussing how alike and/or different Republicans and Democrats are.
    No i am not going to discuess liberal and liberal light when discussing this because it is what they want us to do is give up and say that we don't have any ideas because they had a bunch of fakes pretend to be republicans scam us. If we are going to define it, we are going to defend the ideas, I am a Ron Paul republican, no matter how much you demonize the word and say its a liberal word.

There must be a Tulsi Gabbard forum out there or Meetup group (or whatever the 2019 version of a Meetup group is) where they're taking one another into reaching out to Ron Paul supporters with lines like the OP. This isn't the first of these here.

I hope Gabbard does well in the Dem primaries. But I won't be voting in those. And if she miraculously gets their nomination, which I'd love to see, I wouldn't vote for her in the general election either.
    Someone put a gun to your head and says you must pick one person between Trump and Tulsi, who would it be? I would pick Tulsi for the reason that it's hard for me to believe that his method of fighting the deep state would ever work. Tulsi has staked so much of his candidacy on being anti war more than anything else(think gun control) so if she achieves that and that alone, it would be a win for the US and the world.

She just like Obama wouldn't be able to do shyte about the 2nd amendment without congress. Trump banned bump stock via executive order but I don't think she would be any more extreme than Trump when it comes to 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    But not Adam Kokesh, who is a libertarian?
    Kokesh has less than a small balls chance in hell of getting into any debates. This is why only people with very deep pockets and love for liberty will donate to him.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Someone put a gun to your head and says you must pick one person between Trump and Tulsi, who would it be? I would pick Tulsi for the reason that it's hard for me to believe that his method of fighting the deep state would ever work. Tulsi has staked so much of his candidacy on being anti war more than anything else(think gun control) so if she achieves that and that alone, it would be a win for the US and the world.

She just like Obama wouldn't be able to do shyte about the 2nd amendment without congress. Trump banned bump stock via executive order but I don't think she would be any more extreme than Trump when it comes to 2nd amendment.
    This is a bull$#@! argument the dems already have the house and they would win the Senate if they won the whitehouse.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kokesh has less than a small balls chance in hell of getting into any debates. This is why only people with very deep pockets and love for liberty will donate to him.
    deep pocket people support third party candidates so they can take away support from the candidate running against the candidate they want to win. I stand with Ron and Rand Paul, and that means influencing the republican party to be better.

This is a bull$#@! argument the dems already have the house and they would win the Senate if they won the whitehouse.
    Not necessarily, she would still need both houses to make any meaningful gun control regs and I don't see that happening. Regardless, I would still take the gamble with her.

Not necessarily, she would still need both houses to make any meaningful gun control regs and I don't see that happening. Regardless, I would still take the gamble with her.
    That's a $#@! gamble, you don't even know if you can trust her. Atleast with Trump he hasn't taken the guns, with her its a complete gamble she would most likely take the guns and get pushed into wars. Plus she runs too much as a pacifist and fear always wins, so she would lose anyways against Trump. The only benefit is the debates would be something our country needs to have in regards to foreign policy. So that means it would be good only to support her in the primaries anything else is a gamble against the second amendment. If they do take our guns, they will take everything else with it, thats how it always starts. Plus medicare for all would be the worst. Get rid of medicare, dont give it to all so that it will never go away.

That's a $#@! gamble, you don't even know if you can trust her.
    If trust is one of your main concerns, then you might as well throw out 99% of everyone who's ever run for POTUS. And it's laugh out loud'able to hear anyone use the term do not trust and then negate it with "At least Trump"
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

If trust is one of your main concerns, then you might as well throw out 99% of everyone who's ever run for POTUS. And it's laugh out loud'able to hear anyone use the term do not trust and then negate it with "At least Trump"
    LOL- ya think?
    There is no spoon.

If he tried to take the guns his whole party would be against it, if she tried to take the guns her whole party would rally to win the Senate. Medicare for all is even dumber, most of us under 50 probably won't even see a cent from medicare or social security. Why would you support that scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    LOL- ya think?
    Please tell me how any democrat is better on guns. Please tell me how you can defend yourself from a tyranical government without guns.

Just talk about it. You have to talk about it. But Piers, when somebody has a gun illegally and nobody else has a gun because the laws are that you can't have a gun those people are gone, they have no choice. They have no chance. They have no chance. It's a very tough subject. But the bad guys are not getting rid of their guns, pretty much everybody agrees with that.
    The people that obey the laws, if there was a law passed, they get rid -- Those people are sitting ducks. You know the one I think about the most is Paris, where there are so many people killed were that wacky group of people, went into the nightclub and they just boom, boom, boom, and they killed like tremendous numbers of people horribly injured, so many were still in the hospital, I read the other day.

That's a $#@! gamble, you don't even know if you can trust her. Atleast with Trump he hasn't taken the guns, with her its a complete gamble she would most likely take the guns and get pushed into wars. Plus she runs too much as a pacifist and fear always wins, so she would lose anyways against Trump. The only benefit is the debates would be something our country needs to have in regards to foreign policy. So that means it would be good only to support her in the primaries anything else is a gamble against the second amendment. If they do take our guns, they will take everything else with it, thats how it always starts. Plus medicare for all would be the worst. Get rid of medicare, dont give it to all so that it will never go away.
    Obama didn't take the guns even though he had senate and house for 2 years. It is a low risky gamble when it comes to guns. She is running as a non interventionist not a pacifist. The same strategy that won Bush, Obama and Trump the presidency.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama didn't take the guns even though he had senate and house for 2 years. It is a low risky gamble when it comes to guns. She is running as a non interventionist not a pacifist. The same strategy that won Bush, Obama and Trump the presidency.
    Please show me a candidate Obama that campaigned for it. Your only argument with Tulsi Gabbard is I hope she is lying.

Please tell me how any democrat is better on guns. Please tell me how you can defend yourself from a tyranical government without guns.
    I never mentioned guns- I am agreeing with @Todd about the stupidity of trusting most any gov official.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I never mentioned guns- I am agreeing with @Todd about the stupidity of trusting most any gov official.
    The president is only as powerful as the people who give him power. If all the Trump supporters decided today to stop supporting him, they could impeach him, the democrats would happily help.

Please show me a candidate Obama that campaigned for it. Your only argument with Tulsi Gabbard is I hope she is lying.
    I think she would try and fail to implement any meaningful gun control. Obama also tried to do gun control but failed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast