Thread: Is our government too gullible?

Question Is our government too gullible?

Is our government too gullible and easily conned?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attribute to stupidity that which is better explained by malice.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Never attribute to stupidity that which is better explained by malice.
    So, you see, standing on principle, such as Natural Rights, NAP, Property and Contract Rights IS in fact the rightful remedy - then you will not be considered stupid, or malice.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    So, you see, standing on principle, such as Natural Rights, NAP, Property and Contract Rights IS in fact the rightful remedy - then you will not be considered stupid, or malice.
    That saying can be applied to your support of the "right" of foreign communists to come here and impose communism too.................................

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That saying can be applied to your support of the "right" of foreign communists to come here and impose communism too.................................
    I am being "forced" by government to give up MY hard-earned money so that government can redistribute MY wealth.

Restricting my freedom to travel freely, giving up my 4th Amendment right by way of "papers please", hiring more government workers to process human beings, inflating an already inflated government tribunal I mean court system, saying that Eminent Domain is ok as long as government does it, reporting companies to the Fed if minimum wage and taxes are not paid, etc etc etc..... does NOT make up for the fact the government steals my money from me. All that would do is make me poorer, and FAR LESS FREE.

Please, take your dribble. I already raised a baby.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I am being "forced" by government to give up MY hard-earned money so that government can redistribute MY wealth.

Restricting my freedom to travel freely, giving up my 4th Amendment right by way of "papers please", hiring more government workers to process human beings, inflating an already inflated government tribunal I mean court system, saying that Eminent Domain is ok as long as government does it, reporting companies to the Fed if minimum wage and taxes are not paid, etc etc etc..... does NOT make up for the fact the government steals my money from me. All that would do is make me poorer, and FAR LESS FREE.

Please, take your dribble. I already raised a baby.
    You will cause much worse tyranny and prevent any possibility of undoing the things you complain about by allowing the invasion.

Malice is beginning to look like the more likely option.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment