Thread: Swedish Museum Turning Viking Artifacts Into Scrap Metal

Swedish Museum Turning Viking Artifacts Into Scrap Metal

Swedish Museum Accelerates Their Cultural Collapse By Turning Viking Artifacts Into Scrap Metal

Swedish Museum Accelerates Their Cultural Collapse By Turning Viking Artifacts Into Scrap Metal
    Jean-Batave Poqueliche August 16, 2017

Following the revelations of one of its angry archaeologists, it emerges that the curators of Stockholms Länsmuseum have been ordering the systematic destruction of newly found artifacts from the Iron Age and the Viking period under the guise that it would be too burdensome to process.

Coins, arrow heads, ritual amulets, weapons, jewellery and weights that were kept in the past are now directly dumped into metal recycling bins upon discovery instead of being treasured and displayed.
    The museum’s version

Following a recent surge in excavations aimed at construction that are occurring all over Sweden, the museum excavators are instructed to recycle unearthed iron elements into scrap metal following the pretext that “it would take too much resources to process, identify and store them.” The findings are usually quickly disposed of in order to make way for construction machines and building workers.

This was kept secret until this week’s declarations by Johan Runer, archaeologist at the said museum. He tried to raise the alarm before but only met indifference from the Liberal Swedish Media. According to Runer, this has been going on since at least 2016 as he recalls the example of an entire human settlement from the Bronze and Iron Age that discretely got levelled to allow road works for Sweden’s E6 motorway to progress. We do not know so far if this practice only incriminates this museum or is part of a greater scale.

Runer explains that the archaeologists cannot themselves auction the findings to the private sector as it would encourage crooks and robbers to then resell the treasure.

The mask slips and reveals the true motive

The money argument for a national museum implanted in one of the most prosperous countries on Earth (for now, before the “New Swedes” do what they do best) does not make sense. There is no shortage of funds in Sweden to host more refugees and promote multiculturalism in every media, but the money seems to vanish when it’s time to preserve European common heritage.

The tragic aspect of this situation is that those construction works that unearth the artifacts destined to be destroyed are probably the new buildings needed to house the freshly arrived migrants that the Swedish government is so eager to welcome. Talk about full circle.

Archaeological artifacts made of iron are altered by time and roughened by the terrain. No one can really judge of their quality and uniqueness until they are being processed and restored. In this particular case, no chance is taken and anything made of metal that is not well conserved is ditched.

It was even kept relatively secret until one researcher who could not take it anymore had to tell the world. Why do they not invite other museums around the world to collect and protect their artifacts in their name if money is an issue? I know at least ten museums around me that would stop everything they are doing right now to plan a trip and bring back the artifacts to add them to their collection.

Why don’t they store them in labelled wooden boxes as it was done for hundred of years? If not, let them ask for voluntary work to take care of the findings or let it be given to the native people that are interested in this culture. Even if used as door stops or cutlery, they’ll take better care of it than any Swedish liberal government.

more..https://www.returnofkings.com/128167...to-scrap-metal
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    As is regularly pointed out on this forum, Trump is an idiot, a liar, and regularly uses bloated exaggeration so why would anyone put much stock into what he says? I think it's easy to figure Trump out. Sorry you are still confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

Voting does not justify being robbed by criminals using government.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Yup,,as inconsistent as he is prolific..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF? Put them up for sale, I would buy some. $#@!s.
    "The Patriarch"

As is regularly pointed out on this forum, Trump is an idiot, a liar, and regularly uses bloated exaggeration so why would anyone put much stock into what he says? I think it's easy to figure Trump out. Sorry you are still confused.
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Not sure if this is fake news or not, but yeah, they would bring a better price at market than they would as scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not sure if this is fake news or not, but yeah, they would bring a better price at market than they would as scrap.
    It does smell a little, but in today's world who knows?
    "The Patriarch"

LOL

I agree of course and would probably buy some myself; it says in the article why not:
    Runer explains that the archaeologists cannot themselves auction the findings to the private sector as it would encourage crooks and robbers to then resell the treasure.
    They don't want to create a market for such items; as to keep from encouraging others from making the money instead of the state.

Have you ever tried buying one? they are very affordable as it is. Luckily for you, there is a big supply of viking artifacts recovered over the years. You can get them as low as $5 for the lower quality ones. I think if more people bought even the low quality ones, this will cause them to save as many artifacts as possible. This is me assuming the main gist of the article is true.

I think with artifacts like the viking ones where we have loads of well preserved ones and low quality ones, they would most likely toss some very low quality ones out if they are not moving products and if they are running out of storage. This people spend millions digging this stuff out of the ground, I refuse to believe that these same people will maliciously throw good items out for no good reason.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I agree of course and would probably buy some myself; it says in the article why not:

They don't want to create a market for such items; as to keep from encouraging others from making the money instead of the state.
    Ya, I was talking about the people allegedly destroying them. As in the museums. If the state is going to claim ownership and responsibility for artifacts then preserve them or give others the chance to do so at a profit.

I'm hoping Phil is right and the story is not entirely accurate but this really wouldn't surprise me.
    "The Patriarch"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

I'm sure there is already a black market, and the fakery that comes with it, and laws against it. If the museum were to authenticate, and sell, this would create a legal avenue for individuals to own a piece of history. Understand, I'm not advocating in support of a government monopoly vs. a free market, etc. etc. I'm just merely pointing out that the National museums are missing out on a profit generating avenue that could fund further studies.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure there is already a black market, and the fakery that comes with it, and laws against it. If the museum were to authenticate, and sell, this would create a legal avenue for individuals to own a piece of history. Understand, I'm not advocating in support of a government monopoly vs. a free market, etc. etc. I'm just merely pointing out that the National museums are missing out on a profit generating avenue that could fund further studies.
    oh I agree completely.

Hard to verify this story. It appears that the OP story was based upon this article in Swedish:

https://www.svd.se/fynd-fran-jarnald...latervinningen
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I found a $2.50 viking belt buckle on a third party seller. How much do you think the museum got from the sale? I think the OP pics has mislead people into thinking that the items being tossed(if true) are items the black market would be interested in. I think the idea of reducing black market sellers is mainly for them to control the supply and limit fraud(there is a lot of fraud in the artifact market). I can see how they would see no value in collecting and storing the fifty one thousand damaged spoon handle when they have 99% of their supply on the shelves or in storage with no interested buyer or collector.

But hopefully this news will renew interest in viking era items and they might reconsider throwing anything out.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Have you ever tried buying one? they are very affordable as it is. Luckily for you, there is a big supply of viking artifacts recovered over the years. You can get them as low as $5 for the lower quality ones. I think if more people bought even the low quality ones, this will cause them to save as many artifacts as possible. This is me assuming the main gist of the article is true.

I think with artifacts like the viking ones where we have loads of well preserved ones and low quality ones, they would most likely toss some very low quality ones out if they are not moving products and if they are running out of storage. This people spend millions digging this stuff out of the ground, I refuse to believe that these same people will maliciously throw good items out for no good reason.
    “Authenticating” low quality pieces would probably not be worth the time spent to do it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hard to verify this story. It appears that the OP story was based upon this article in Swedish:

https://www.svd.se/fynd-fran-jarnald...latervinningen
    Has Sweden Gone Cuck Made?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    ...I think the OP pics has mislead people into thinking that the items being tossed(if true) are items the black market would be interested in. ...
    See the pic at the Swedish link above.

I would be less inclined to believe it if they had a more (ahem) "authentic" Minister of Culture.
    "The Patriarch"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    See the pic at the Swedish link above.
    The amulet looks very rusted like its going to disintegrate if you mishandle it. My guess is that it needs some restoration or storage in a climate controlled room. Regardless, it must suck to know that they toss anything out from your history

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.