Thread: Majority of Public Calls Trumpís Bible Signing in Alabama Inappropriate

Majority of Public Calls Trumpís Bible Signing in Alabama Inappropriate

Majority of Public Calls Trump’s Bible Signing Inappropriate

Even a plurality of white evangelical Protestants agree

Most Christians say it was inappropriate for President Donald Trump to sign Bibles earlier this month.

President Donald Trump made headlines earlier this month when he signed a number of Bibles while visiting an Alabama community recovering from a series of deadly tornadoes, drawing theological and political criticism from some quarters as others wrote the story off as mostly media spin.
    A new Morning Consult poll shows majorities of most Christian groups say the president’s actions were inappropriate, with even white evangelical Protestants — an important Republican voting bloc — more likely to say the move was inappropriate than appropriate.

The gesture of signing Bibles is quite common and harmless on the surface, experts said; several presidents, including Ronald Reagan, signed Bibles.
    What makes the incident at Providence Baptist Church different is white evangelicals’ full embrace of “God and country,” according to John Fea, a professor at the Christian school Messiah College. He noted Trump serves as a balm for many Christian nationalists, who see their pews empty amid the country’s cultural and demographic shift.

White evangelical Protestants shrank from 21 to 13 percent of the country between 2003 and 2017, per ABC News. The group stands out from other religious demographics on issues such as abortion and the U.S.-Mexico border wall. The largest “religious” group in the country is the religiously unaffiliated, at 25.3 percent in 2017.

https://morningconsult.com/2019/03/1...inappropriate/

Related

Devout Christian Israel Folau fired by Rugby Australia for posting 'a passage from the bible'

Un-Related

https://biblehub.com/leviticus/20-10.htm
    Leviticus 20:10

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what is some people get their Bible signed by Trump? Fake issue.

They can just slap a Justin Amash sticker over it when he becomes president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

"Great book I love this book. I wrote it, thought of it first."
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Is it OK to sign copies of a book somebody else wrote? What about signing body parts?

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-08-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

This is an old tradition in evangelical/fundamentalist circles. You don’t hear of it very much any more except in more rural areas. I’m sure I have a Bible around here that has been signed by some one.
    Do something Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is an old tradition in evangelical/fundamentalist circles. You don’t hear of it very much any more except in more rural areas. I’m sure I have a Bible around here that has been signed by some one.
    Strange tradition. I'm surprised evangelicals would treat a bible like it's an autograph book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Opportunist.
    ďThe right to life is the source of all rightsóand the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.Ē

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Riveting news of the days.

Not sure if I would ever sign a bible.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge