Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube goes Nuclear

Youtube goes Nuclear

This deserves its own thread:

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    YouTube’s Latest Purge
    https://off-guardian.org/2019/06/05/...-latest-purge/

YouTube will begin a giant purge of its site to remove videos supporting white supremacy, conspiracy theories and Nazis
    https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/tec...o-13939314.php

A YouTube spokesperson on Wednesday told Business Insider that "thousands" of channels will be removed as a result of the new policy.

celebrating this latest “purge” The Guardian reported:

YouTube bans videos promoting Nazi ideology

Whilst the Financial Times went with:

YouTube to ban supremacist videos

Both these headlines are wildly inaccurate, deliberately playing the racism/white supremacy angle in the hopes that people will clap along without reading anything else.

Vox was a little more truthful in its headline, reporting:

YouTube finally banned content from neo-Nazis, Holocaust deniers, and Sandy Hook skeptics

The Independent likewise:

YouTube to delete thousands of accounts after it bans supremacists, conspiracy theorists and other ‘harmful’ users

However, even these headlines – though a touch closer to the whole truth – leave out some really important information

As much as the media are playing the neo-Nazi/hate speech angle, there’s far more to it than that.

To really dig down into what this means, we need to ignore the media and go straight to the source.

This is YouTube’s official statement on the matter, posted on their blog.

The bans, contrary to the media headlines, are not about racism.
    They are far more incoherent than that – they are about “supremacist content”.

YouTube’s delightfully vague description of which, is as follows:

videos alleging that a group is superior in order
    to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion
    based on qualities like age, gender, race, caste,
    religion, sexual orientation or veteran status

Honestly, almost any video you wanted – that expresses a political position – could be twisted into fitting that description.
    But it doesn’t end there:

Finally, we will remove content denying that well-documented violent events,
    like the Holocaust or the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, took place.

What does “well documented” mean? It’s a deliberately ambiguous phrase.

The cited examples, the Holocaust and Sandy Hook, are chosen for shock value – but they are only examples: “Like the holocaust”.

What other examples might there be? The Douma gas attack from last year? The poisoning of Sergei Skripal?

You can’t deny people the right to ask simple questions.
    “Did that really happen?”,
    “Is the government telling the truth?”

These are the basic questions of journalism.
    You can’t simply pass history off as “well documented” and put it beyond question.

Don’t let them cite the Holocaust as an example to bully you into silence.
    Free speech applies to all topics, and all opinions, no matter how “well documented” they are.

It doesn’t stop at that either, “violent incidents” are just the start. There are other kinds of “harmful content”:

harmful misinformation, such as videos promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, or claiming the earth is flat

Again, note the use of extreme examples – flat earth and “miracle cures”. It’s manipulation.

What they’re talking about is “well documented” science.
    They mean the big three: Climate change, GM crops and vaccinations.
    Questioning any of those will become “harmful”.

Whether censoring lies or censoring truth, censorship serves the same agenda – protecting authority.

What is “harmful content”?
    Harmful content is anything that attacks the “well documented” official consensus.

you don’t even have to actually break the rules anymore:

In addition to removing videos that violate our policies, we also want to reduce the spread of content that comes right up to the line.

See? YouTube will ban channels, or at least suppress creators, who “bump up against the line”.

Meaning, even if you’re incredibly clever, and work seriously hard to keep anything that a dishonest mind could potentially twist into “hate speech” out of your content…
    they’ll just ban you anyway and claim you “nearly did hate speech”.

Another way they’re combating all this “dangerous misinformation” is by “boosting authoritative sources”:

For example, if a user is watching a video that comes close to violating our policies,
    our systems may include more videos from authoritative sources (like top news channels) in the “watch next” panel.

For example, if you watch an alt-news interview with Vanessa Beeley,
    your next “recommended video” will be a piece of western propaganda mainstream news
    from a massive corporate interest an authoritative source
    telling you to ignore everything you just heard, and/or calling Beeley an “apologist for war crimes”.

It’s a beautiful system, really. Very efficient and not-at-all Orwellian.

Outside of its wishy-washy definitions, its incredibly vague buzzwords, and its platitude filled “reassurances”,
    the most important part of YouTube’s statement is this:

As we do this, we’re partnering closely with lawmakers and civil society around the globe
    to limit the spread of violent extremist content online.

Partnering closely with lawmakersmeans “working with the government”,
    essentially an admission that YouTube (owned by Google, in turn, owned by Alphabet Corp.)
    will remove any videos the state orders them to remove.

Something we all knew already, but it’s refreshing they’re admitting it.

============

Ole Dammegård – “Terror” – are you kidding me?

It’s stuff like this they don’t like.
    Ole’s account was binned a while ago.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is what happens when you allow a very narrow-minded minority to redefine word meanings outside their historical contexts.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I hate to say it but this tech companies need to regulated...
    We cannot allowed this s.o.b.s to ban all people who oppose liberalism...

Guess the new rules on YT?

According to the new Rules on YT.
    -You cant criticize the NGO humanitarian rescuers on what they are doing in Libya or near Libya and Syria as humanitarian criminals
    or pirates.

-You cant criticize Migrants or some of them as invaders or criminals or YT will strike you but not ban you. Remove your ability for commenting on the topic and issue for a week or so.
    30 days.

New YT rules also are now effecting music channels.

Any good alternatives to YouTube?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Social media websites usually have to pay people to use them to start up because they end up primarily monetizing your data more than anything else its hard to start a competitor. Even youtube paid Stephen Crowder to help them build their website up when they first started off.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Guess the new rules on YT?

According to the new Rules on YT.
    -You cant criticize the NGO humanitarian rescuers on what they are doing in Libya or near Libya and Syria as humanitarian criminals
    or pirates.

-You cant criticize Migrants or some of them as invaders or criminals or YT will strike you but not ban you. Remove your ability for commenting on the topic and issue for a week or so.
    30 days.

New YT rules also are now effecting music channels.
    At least we can still make fun of uglies and fat people.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    At least we can still make fun of uglies and fat people.
    Reported!

https://twitter.com/Barnes_Law/statu...83429455433729

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There has to be another way. YouTube will not stop until they seriously start bleeding customers to a real competitor. So u have to be willing to switch away from Google as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There has to be another way. YouTube will not stop until they seriously start bleeding customers to a real competitor. So u have to be willing to switch away from Google as soon as you can.
    This happened a while back with Reddit when their CEO started censoring stuff. People tried to go to another website but they retained a lot of their user base because they couldn't handle the traffic. I stopped using reddit when that happened but I remember people on there saying to use voat and the website was unreachable for me except between the hours of 12 and 4 am. If a large amount of people ever tried to go to another website they wouldn't be able to handle the traffic and people we just go back to youtube.

Ban any and all government agencies from linking & embedding YouBoob vids & no gov contracts until they stop the censorship. Cut off all funding for those agencies not immediately complying.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 06-06-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Ban any and all government agencies from linking & embedding YouBoob vids & no gov contracts until they stop the censorship. Cut off all funding for those agencies not immediately complying.
    Even as a libertarian I sort of like the idea that my speech should be protected because the internet is funded and being controlled by the government so there is no competition.

Yes, Brighteon. Setup by Mike Adams of Natural News

http://www.brighteon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Yes, Brighteon. Setup by Mike Adams of Natural News

http://www.brighteon.com/
    Do you really think if Ron Paul was banned, Ron Paul could put his show on there and reach 1/10 as many people unless there was some sort of a streissand effect?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Do you really think if Ron Paul was banned, Ron Paul could put his show on there and reach 1/10 as many people unless there was some sort of a streissand effect?
    Alex Jones is posting all his stuff there. It's building up nicely and is selling itself as the anti-censorship Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Alex Jones is posting all his stuff there. It's building up nicely and is selling itself as the anti-censorship Youtube
    Wow that sounds promising, I would love for Alex Jones to get revenge on them.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Wow that sounds promising, I would love for Alex Jones to get revenge on them.

Bookmark it Nik

Were going to become (if not already there) a society that reports their neighbors for the slightest thing. They have us policing ourselves. Were going to be suspicious and paranoid of each other.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Google is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, on this very web site.

Bitchute

We Are Change's Luke Rudkowski is on Bitchute. https://www.bitchute.com/channel/wearechange/

Its OVER For Us and Independent Media HERE (Youtube censorship rant 6/5/19) ===>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/Chk5cJrv2B8/
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 06-06-2019 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

We always knew about VICE...
    It was always a rat in the cornfield. lawz yes.

https://twitter.com/JOHNMEY28401489/...78183465324544

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    We Are Change's Luke Rudkowski is on Bitchute. https://www.bitchute.com/channel/wearechange/

Its OVER For Us and Independent Media HERE (Youtube censorship rant 6/5/19) ===>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/Chk5cJrv2B8/
    I have seen a few good vloggers start to make the transfer to bitchute. I hope it works out.

Let me know when we can embed videos from any other video platform other than youtube or twitter and I'll gladly use it. that's all I use it for anyways.

WRT alternatives, there's vimeo if you don't mind paying their fee. https://vimeo.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    We always knew about VICE...
    It was always a rat in the cornfield. lawz yes.

https://twitter.com/JOHNMEY28401489/...78183465324544
    The fact that Vice Canada is promoting that agenda is really telling.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Let me know when we can embed videos from any other video platform other than youtube or twitter and I'll gladly use it. that's all I use it for anyways.
    There is DTube and DLive. I mostly use Gab but follow twitter for tweets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast