Thread: Certified Organic Food Grown in U.S. Found Contaminated with Glyphosate

Certified Organic Food Grown in U.S. Found Contaminated with Glyphosate

Think you can avoid glyphosate by buying organic? Think again. A new investigation by Tropical Traditions reveals that many products in the organic grain market in the U.S. contain glyphosate residue at levels almost the same as conventional grains.
    With over 80% of the U.S. food supply now reportedly contaminated with the herbicide glyphosate, many people are turning to USDA certified organic products to avoid this toxic chemical. Current USDA NOP (National Organic Program) standards do not allow the use of the herbicide glyphosate on organic crops.

However, a new investigation by Tropical Traditions has revealed that the U.S. organic grain market is contaminated with glyphosate.
    Tropical Traditions has sold organic grains for years. After reading new research about the issue of “crop desiccation” done by using glyphosate on wheat and other grains just prior to harvest, Tropical Traditions decided to first test some commercial wheat products with wheat grown in Montana, North Dakota, and Canada. They sent the commercial samples to a well-known and respected laboratory to test for glyphosate.

All tested positive for glyphosate residue. The range was from 0.07 mg/kg to 0.09 mg/kg. Keep in mind this is glyphosate found in non-GMO crops. For a GMO crop such as GMO soybeans, which are sprayed heavily with glyphosate, the range is typically between 3.3 and 5.7 mg/kg.
    Next, Tropical Traditions tested the USDA certified organic grains from suppliers they had been using, sourced mainly from western states such as Montana and Idaho. Sadly, the presence of glyphosate residue was found in organic wheat and other organic grains, including organic barley, oats, spelt, and einkorn. The range was from 0.03 to 0.06 mg/kg, just slightly lower than the conventional grains that were tested.
    The only organic grains that tested clean were organic rye and organic millet. There was also one variety of organic wheat from small-scale farmers in Wisconsin that tested clean from glyphosate.

More at: https://www.healthnutnews.com/certif...th-glyphosate/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    tldr;

Companies who spray insecticides on avocados orchards are refusing to spray their customer's orchards because they are afraid of getting sued by nearby cannabis farmers, who, under state regulation, are not allowed to contain ANY trace of insecticide residues on their product (even organic insecticides..).

In fact, one cannabis farmer had to throw out an entire crop after they treated some ants in the office with insecticide and some of the ants later ended up in the garden, leaving a slight trace of insecticide that was apparently chemically detectable.

https://www.independent.com/2019/05/...nsecticides-2/
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-Insecticides
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Think you can avoid glyphosate by buying organic? Think again. A new investigation by Tropical Traditions reveals that many products in the organic grain market in the U.S. contain glyphosate residue at levels almost the same as conventional grains.
    With over 80% of the U.S. food supply now reportedly contaminated with the herbicide glyphosate, many people are turning to USDA certified organic products to avoid this toxic chemical. Current USDA NOP (National Organic Program) standards do not allow the use of the herbicide glyphosate on organic crops.

However, a new investigation by Tropical Traditions has revealed that the U.S. organic grain market is contaminated with glyphosate.
    Tropical Traditions has sold organic grains for years. After reading new research about the issue of “crop desiccation” done by using glyphosate on wheat and other grains just prior to harvest, Tropical Traditions decided to first test some commercial wheat products with wheat grown in Montana, North Dakota, and Canada. They sent the commercial samples to a well-known and respected laboratory to test for glyphosate.

All tested positive for glyphosate residue. The range was from 0.07 mg/kg to 0.09 mg/kg. Keep in mind this is glyphosate found in non-GMO crops. For a GMO crop such as GMO soybeans, which are sprayed heavily with glyphosate, the range is typically between 3.3 and 5.7 mg/kg.
    Next, Tropical Traditions tested the USDA certified organic grains from suppliers they had been using, sourced mainly from western states such as Montana and Idaho. Sadly, the presence of glyphosate residue was found in organic wheat and other organic grains, including organic barley, oats, spelt, and einkorn. The range was from 0.03 to 0.06 mg/kg, just slightly lower than the conventional grains that were tested.
    The only organic grains that tested clean were organic rye and organic millet. There was also one variety of organic wheat from small-scale farmers in Wisconsin that tested clean from glyphosate.

More at: https://www.healthnutnews.com/certif...th-glyphosate/
    Barely detectable at seventy parts per billion. You can find almost anything at those levels. "Contaminated with" is an extreme exaggeration. Non- news.

The range was from 0.07 mg/kg to 0.09 mg/kg.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-05-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

But for grins, let's look at what that actually means.

"Safe" levels of daily glyphosate levels: https://detoxproject.org/glyphosate/...ls-of-roundup/

To assess whether or not an exposure is a health risk, a safety threshold called the acceptable daily intake (ADI) is calculated. The ADI is an estimate of the amount of a substance in food or drinking water, expressed on a body mass basis, which can be ingested daily over a lifetime by humans without appreciable health risks.

In the case of glyphosate, the ADI value differs from country to country. It has been set at 0.3 mg per kg of bodyweight per day (written as 0.3 mg/kg bw/d) in Europe, and 1.75mg/kg bw/d in the USA.
    Let's take a 150 pound person. That is 68 kg. And let's use the more limiting dose- 0.3mg per kg of body weight per day. That would be 0.3x 68 or 20.4 mg every day.

Now let's look at those organic grains. At 0.08 mg per kg of the grain (median number they found), you could consume 255 kg of the grain every day to reach those "unsafe" levels. 225 kg would be five hundred pounds a day! (496 pounds actually - a quarter of a ton).

Should we be afraid? Maybe if we ate 500 pounds of the grain every day! (of course that would cause other problems!) And you would no longer way only 150 pounds also!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-05-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

Monsanto has had a goal to destroy our food supply. They have almost succeeded.

My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Monsanto has had a goal to destroy our food supply. They have almost succeeded.
    If you are afraid of parts per billion of something in foods, stop eating right now. Also avoid drinking anything.

Certified Organic anything is a crock of poop. The standard has been so manipulated by government and lobbyists as to have no helpful meaning at all. The only way you can certify anything as organic is to grow it yourself.
    Do something Dodgers.

Ink is cheap.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If you are afraid of parts per billion of something in foods, stop eating right now. Also avoid drinking anything.
    Bioaccumulation.

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Bioaccumulation.
    An even better reason to avoid all foods.

An even better reason to avoid all foods.
    Not if they are good for you.

Not if they are good for you.
    But if they all have tiny toxins in them aren't they harmful? (There are small amounts of all kinds of toxins in everything you consume).

Bioaccumulation.
    Or are tiny amounts really not significant?

But if they all have tiny toxins in them aren't they harmful? (There are small amounts of all kinds of toxins in everything you consume)
    Don't know where you heard that. Good clean foods you grow are not toxic

If you are eating foods that were sprayed with Glyphosate, over a period of time it will bioaccumulate in your body. Kind of like what we saw in veterans from Vietnam, agent orange effects showed up later for them.

Don't know where you heard that. Good clean foods you grow are not toxic

If you are eating foods that were sprayed with Glyphosate, over a period of time it will bioaccumulate in your body. Kind of like what we saw in veterans from Vietnam, agent orange effects showed up later for them.
    All foods contain traces of toxins in them. Even ones you grow yourself. But the amounts are too small to be harmful. Kinda like vaccines.

All foods contain traces of toxins in them. Even ones you grow yourself. But the amounts are too small to be harmful. Kinda like vaccines.

At the parts per billion levels they said they found in the OP, you can find anything in foods. Your Himalayan Sea Salt has all kinds of radioactive and toxic elements in it.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/5...imalayan-salt/

The Meadow lists elements found in Himalayan salt in addition to sodium and chloride.

In alphabetical order, they are: actinium, aluminum, antimony, arsenic, astatine, barium, beryllium, bismuth, boron, bromine, cadmium, calcium, carbon, cerium, cesium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorine, francium, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, gold, hafnium, holmium, hydrogen, indium, iodine, iridium, iron, lanthanum, lead, lithium, lutetium, magnesium, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, neodymium, neptunium, nickel, niobium, nitrogen, osmium, oxygen, palladium, phosphorus, platinum, plutonium, polonium, potassium, praseodymium, protactinium, radium, rhenium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, samarium, scandium, selenium, silicon, silver, sodium, strontium, sulfur, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thallium, thorium, thulium, tin, titanium, uranium, vanadium, wolfram, yttrium, ytterbium, zinc and zirconium.
    But again, the amounts are insignificant.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Certified Organic anything is a crock of poop. The standard has been so manipulated by government and lobbyists as to have no helpful meaning at all. The only way you can certify anything as organic is to grow it yourself.
    Which is why the only place we buy "organic" is at our local Co-Op where they still do it by the old standards.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

At the parts per billion levels they said they found in the OP, you can find anything in foods. Your Himalayan Sea Salt has all kinds of radioactive and toxic elements in it.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/5...imalayan-salt/

But again, the amounts are insignificant.
    You use that same old tired example.

It bioaccumulative in the organs in small amounts.

Fungicides and Monsanto’s Roundup were the most toxic. This echoes the group’s previous research demonstrating that adjuvants in Roundup were 10,000 times more toxic than glyphosate alone which has amply been demonstrated as toxic itself, and that toxicity effects amplify up to 5x in 72 hours.
    https://kellybroganmd.com/toxicity-o...nd-glyphosate/

Quote Originally Posted by zipone
    I think it is proof that monsanto is killing the whole planet in increments. GWHB should be shot for his role in this oopsie he dead or, so they say...