Thread: Amazon Installing Alexa in Apartments and Hotel Rooms

Amazon Installing Alexa in Apartments and Hotel Rooms

More creepy “Surveillance Capitalism” courtesy of Amazon who isn’t hiding that it is putting millions of smart speakers in homes and hotels by “offering discounted hardware, customized software and new ways for property managers to harvest and use data.”
    Are there actually people willing to pay for this type of arrangement?
    From the Wall Street Journal, “Amazon’s Plan to Move In to Your Next Apartment Before You Do.”
    For Amazon, the appeal is obvious: Adding millions of new users to its services and gaining access to data like their voice-based wish lists and Alexa-powered shopping habits will put it further ahead of the competition which, at the moment, doesn’t have a significant presence in rental properties and new-home construction.
    ‘We can predict if residents are happy based on their digital interactions.’
    Here’s what they have to say about privacy:
    And there’s a question of privacy: Renters, home buyers and hotel guests are all surrendering more data as a result of these innovations, and may not be aware of all the parties monitoring their smart-home interactions.
    Consenting to this data-surrending may be hidden somewhere in the contract’s fine print that most don’t read or don’t understand.
    According to the article, Google is also interested in doing this kind of thing in homes too. Why the heck not, right?

More at: https://www.activistpost.com/2019/06...e-tenants.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alexa in hotel rooms? Think of the possibilities...

So cool!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Alexa take off your clothes
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

They are not doing this as an Amenity, they are doing it to monitor and categorize private behaviors that occur in their rooms in order to extract more money from people.

In a world without privacy, a person will fear their own thoughts because those are exactly what will end up getting them killed when their chips are turned off and they are not allowed to get a job because they are the wrong religion.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    They are not doing this as an Amenity, they are doing it to monitor and categorize private behaviors that occur in their rooms in order to extract more money from people.

In a world without privacy, a person will fear their own thoughts because those are exactly what will end up getting them killed when their chips are turned off and they are not allowed to get a job because they are the wrong religion.
    wrong race: european
    wrong religion: christian
    wrong sex: male
    wrong sexual orientation: not gay
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    wrong politics: libertarian/conservative

Your access to bitcoin is hereby terminated.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    wrong politics: libertarian/conservative

Your access to bitcoin is hereby terminated.
    When it gets to "your access to food is hereby terminated" then we have a real problem. And THAT is exactly what is coming. Cant rent, cant get on public transportation, cant get a job, cant take out a loan, cant associate with people that might be able to help you, cant eat. Literally trying to kill people by denying them the bare necessities. Thats how you get away with the Next Genocide and get away with it.

---

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Warrior_of_Freedom again.

Someone cover me?
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When it gets to "your access to food is hereby terminated" then we have a real problem. And THAT is exactly what is coming. Cant rent, cant get on public transportation, cant get a job, cant take out a loan, cant associate with people that might be able to help you, cant eat. Literally trying to kill people by denying them the bare necessities. Thats how you get away with the Next Genocide and get away with it.

---

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Warrior_of_Freedom again.

Someone cover me?
    Covered.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

---

Someone cover me?
    i thought it's already like that in China

- Edward R. Murrow

They would not get much out of us. We are quiet, boring people, and we do play the Bible all night. Thqt’s not a brag. It’s a fact.

That probably means they would come for us first.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

i thought it's already like that in China
    It is, and it is COMING HERE. China at least is in your face about the behaviors it does not want. Of course it wants you to read a daily dose of mandatory propaganda an hour a day too. Here, you do NOT know what is deemed forbidden because they are much more backstabbery here. Here, they find it is to their advantage to keep you off balance and not tell you that your social media posts just wrecked your car insurance rate and got you fired by the AI that factored both those things in.
    1776 > 1984

The Hotel owners would not be able to keep up with all of the Alexa replacements.
    FJB

With a hefty side of possible blackmail material harvested from cheating spouses, drug deal recordings, etc. I will not stay in any hotel with any of that crap if I am aware of it.

From my limited viewpoint, it doesn't seem like many people are actually buying these spy machines as big tech brother had hoped. Perhaps people haven't been entirely dumbed down to complete retard status yet.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-21-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I will tear through every part of my hotel room if theres a Alexa hidden somewhere. I'll leave no stone unturned until I find it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge