Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Trump Unleashes Tariffs On Mexico "Until Illegal Immigration Stops"

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    How well did that work for the anti government people in Iraq? They were armed by our own military and they got their asses handed to them by Russias military. I would hate to go up against our own military, they would destroy us. We don't have a well regulated militia, but if they are going to build a wall are you going to build a militia?
    Worlds apart the armed forces of America, vs Russia, different tactics, different ROE, etc..

Yeah, its pointless, just give up before its even happen, great mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Actually that time never existed. Just listen to what the Progressive Theodore Roosevelt, the founder of the first American Progressive Party said about race:

Now, who does that sound like? Early Progressives were obsessed with racial inferiority of all but the "Nordic" races. https://www.jstor.org/stable/4193980...n_tab_contents

Progressivism began as a way to erect a massive state to prevent immigration and to suppress black and women workers, not promote them. And it continues to do so today under the guise of the Republican Party.

No, they just understood that humans are subject to the laws of evolution and environment selection, the same as any other being in this world and their effects on culture and politics.

If you value freedom then you have to see it is not for everyone, nothing is, and if it has value it has to protect from those who would destroy it, and no freedom is not a muh feelz based suicide pact.

If you're a Nationalist then you already are a member of the Leftist Horde in power working to destroy the liberty of the individual.

Hey, do you know what you call an unpaid troll?

An idiot.

At least SS gets paid for his lies.
    ....No such thing as a leftist nationalist, as leftists are hostile to the nation state, its people, their culture and their right to preserve. You are just using words you dont know the meaning of and think you are smarter then you really are, your not.

Oh, I don't have to refute that you're a self-proclaimed Nationalist who wants to used armed violence to murder nationalities you see as being unapproved by the centralized state. You've admitted as much yourself, as shown above. Therefore, I don't have to call you a Fascist or a Nazi. You've outed yourself as one.

You're just another violent, Leftist bootlicker living in mommy's basement blaming the "inferior" races for the fact that he has never accomplished anything in his life begging the Nanny State to save him from his own mediocrity.
    So in order words you have nothing to back up your lies, fitting.

The state has a rightful place and a list of obligation, namely the defense of the nation, if that requires the use of force against others so be it.

'Muh Facist!!!! Muh Nazi", yeah, just a leftist tactic from a leftist like you.

But hey, ignore the impact of 3rd world hordes voting away your rights, I am share your mental gymnastics will some how blame those working to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Defending your home from invasion is not murder nor is it Nazism.

In fact it is your duty as a free citizen.

Liberty means being responsible for your situation.

But didnt you know, if you stop people who want to steal from or harm you from being able to steal from and harm you, some how that is an infringement on their "right" to steal from and harm from us, because "muh feelz"/S

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't know why you people keep arguing with these others as if they want the same things. The open border anarchists want the US destroyed, it's the whole.point of their ideology. They know that importing leftists will only make that happen faster. Unless you also want the govt to collapse , there is no point in arguing with them on.ways to keep that from happening.

I remember when the admins used to ban people who make Ron Paul look bad by constantly posting that he is wrong, tell regulars on RPF to leave the forums and make their own forums, advocate for racist policies like eugenics

Thought you guys valued debate and freedom of speech?
    If a person is wrong, they are wrong, does not matter their title,, rank, wealth, etc
    Whats wrong,"muh free market" bit is easy to dish out but cant take it?

And eugenics is not "racist" anymore then then evolution is. Stop believe the leftist/egalitarian premises of "we are all equal in ability" (we are not) "The only reason we have do not have equal results is become of some sort of "oppression"" (the reason we dont is because equality is bull$#@!), and ""Racism"" is the worse "crime" a person can commit or be guilty".

that is crap all the way around and agreeing with such premises is why the left has been able to do as much damage as it has been able to.

When you refuse to give the left the moral high group the lose.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    Worlds apart the armed forces of America, vs Russia, different tactics, different ROE, etc..

Yeah, its pointless, just give up before its even happen, great mindset.

No, they just understood that humans are subject to the laws of evolution and environment selection, the same as any other being in this world and their effects on culture and politics.

If you value freedom then you have to see it is not for everyone, nothing is, and if it has value it has to protect from those who would destroy it, and no freedom is not a muh feelz based suicide pact.

....No such thing as a leftist nationalist, as leftists are hostile to the nation state, its people, their culture and their right to preserve. You are just using words you dont know the meaning of and think you are smarter then you really are, your not.

So in order words you have nothing to back up your lies, fitting.

The state has a rightful place and a list of obligation, namely the defense of the nation, if that requires the use of force against others so be it.

'Muh Facist!!!! Muh Nazi", yeah, just a leftist tactic from a leftist like you.

But hey, ignore the impact of 3rd world hordes voting away your rights, I am share your mental gymnastics will some how blame those working to prevent it.

But didnt you know, if you stop people who want to steal from or harm you from being able to steal from and harm you, some how that is an infringement on their "right" to steal from and harm from us, because "muh feelz"/S

If a person is wrong, they are wrong, does not matter their title,, rank, wealth, etc

And eugenics is not "racist" anymore then then evolution is. Stop believe the leftist/egalitarian premises of "we are all equal in ability" (we are not) "The only reason we have do not have equal results is become of some sort of "oppression"" (the reason we dont is because equality is bull$#@!), and ""Racism"" is the worse "crime" a person can commit or be guilty".

that is crap all the way around and agreeing with such premises is why the left has been able to do as much damage as it has been able to.

When you refuse to give the left the moral high group the lose.
    When you give up all your principles and ideas you become them that's what they are. That's why they want to silence us, because we have ideas and they don't. It exposes their lack of intellectual integrity.

Huh? The free market does not require participation. I just think it is pointless to argue about process; when end goals are completely different. But by all means, feel free to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Defending your home from invasion is not murder nor is it Nazism.

In fact it is your duty as a free citizen.

Liberty means being responsible for your situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Are people now so stupid to think "collectivism" or what ever you what to call it, is not neccsarry to protect your property?

OK, stand out as an individual against the mob and try to assert your property rights. Good luck with that. No, as hard as it is for the anarchist here to understand, people form groups. That will manifests itself in what we call governments.

But hey, go ahead and think you are the principled one standing alone against the group of libertarians. That very group that wants to leave you alone. It is tactics versus strategics. Study that.

We are being taxed to support our demise.

One need to belong to a group effort to stop another group that wants to continue and expand that. If you can't see that, well just follow the stupid argument that you are a human rights warrior and no one should be restricted from coming here. Do you lock your doors? Who do rely on when the mob comes to rob you?

Your neighbors?

Well, that is a group standing together, for a common defense. OMG, my HOA says you can't come onto my neighborhood and $#@! on my lawn. I will have to pay for that. But wait, who am I to say a neighboring community member can't freely travel to my neighborhood and $#@! on my lawn? Why should I be able to hire a person to prevent that? Why should I be able to build a barrier so they don't come over here and I have to pick up the taps for their expenses?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

When you give up all your principles and ideas you become them that's what they are. That's why they want to silence us, because we have ideas and they don't. It exposes their lack of intellectual integrity.
    We went over this, goals are what matter, not how you get them achieved.

We went over this, goals are what matter, not how you get them achieved.
    It is called Ethics.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And when your "Ethics" cause you to lose, they are not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It is called Ethics.

For example - you don't criticize POTUS while he is on a foreign trip.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    For example - you don't criticize POTUS while he is on a foreign trip.
    I guess I wasn't thikning of it in context but this is a win for Trump considering the Mexican president claimed they would not bow down and they ended up bowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is he still promising to close the border? Or did that threat also pass with no action?

Was this due to the poor jobs report and warnings that tariffs on Mexico would weaken the economy even further?
    This is easy, just visit salon.com for your answers so you can repeat them here.

Thx
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    True.

So when are we gonna take responsibility for the welfare state, bombing the $#@! out of the ME, creating coups all over Central & South America & taking their resources- not to mention creating the poor & needy- AND the invaders who everyone's so afraid of?

We are responsible for Big Gov so creating more Big Gov to save us ain't gonna work.

Real LIBERTY is the answer.
    We are trying to stop the welfare state and the foreign intervention, we will never do that if the biggest government party is allowed to import unlimited voters.
    It isn't creating more big government to make the government do one of the basic jobs even the smallest government is supposed to do.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I guess I wasn't thikning of it in context but this is a win for Trump considering the Mexican president claimed they would not bow down and they ended up bowing down.
    Which makes Dems look even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We are trying to stop the welfare state and the foreign intervention, we will never do that if the biggest government party is allowed to import unlimited voters.
    It isn't creating more big government to make the government do one of the basic jobs even the smallest government is supposed to do.
    I would prefer a more holistic approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    It truly is disappointing how far some members have strayed from the libertarian ideals espoused by Ron that were coursing through this forum 10 years ago.

In other news, I'm glad Trump decided to stop this idiocy: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...s-say-n1015076

I wonder how much of this, though, was because of a "deal" reached with Mexico so much as political theatre because he didn't have the votes to actually get away with these kind of tariffs on Mexico.

If there was actually a deal, this doesn't bode well for the future of international politics; it quite aptly demonstrates to the world that "if you're big and strong and act like a bully, you can get your way to varying degrees".

I can level plenty of criticism against the international community, but preferring diplomatic solutions and not escalating things is something that is well appreciated---the US preferring more aggressive stances is not, at all, in line with the libertarian ideal of being friends with the world and not poking our nose in everyone's business.
    The world is a jungle and it's long past time our leaders used our power to protect the rights of Americans.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems some of the immigrants are coming from Africa.

https://news.yahoo.com/dramatic-rise...022759709.html

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says a “dramatic rise” in the number of African migrants crossing the U.S. border is contributing to a “humanitarian crisis,” according to the BBC.

More than 500 migrants from countries such as Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Angola have arrived at the Del Rio border station in Texas since May 30, including a group of 116 people, says the BBC.

Customs officials say the influx of migrants is overwhelming. “When we have 4,000 people in custody, we consider it high,” Customs and Border Patrol’s commissioner John Sanders told a press conference, according to the BBC. “If there’s 6,000 people in custody, we considered it a crisis. Right now, we have nearly 19,000 people in custody. So it’s just off the charts.”

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Seems some of the immigrants are coming from Africa.

https://news.yahoo.com/dramatic-rise...022759709.html

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says a “dramatic rise” in the number of African migrants crossing the U.S. border is contributing to a “humanitarian crisis,” according to the BBC.

More than 500 migrants from countries such as Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Angola have arrived at the Del Rio border station in Texas since May 30, including a group of 116 people, says the BBC.

Customs officials say the influx of migrants is overwhelming. “When we have 4,000 people in custody, we consider it high,” Customs and Border Patrol’s commissioner John Sanders told a press conference, according to the BBC. “If there’s 6,000 people in custody, we considered it a crisis. Right now, we have nearly 19,000 people in custody. So it’s just off the charts.”
    From areas near the Ebola outbreak that is getting out of control.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mexican Enforcement Surge
    Mexico will take unprecedented steps to increase enforcement to curb irregular migration, to include the deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border. Mexico is also taking decisive action to dismantle human smuggling and trafficking organizations as well as their illicit financial and transportation networks. Additionally, the United States and Mexico commit to strengthen bilateral cooperation, including information sharing and coordinated actions to better protect and secure our common border.
    Migrant Protection Protocols
    The United States will immediately expand the implementation of the existing Migrant Protection Protocols across its entire Southern Border. This means that those crossing the U.S. Southern Border to seek asylum will be rapidly returned to Mexico where they may await the adjudication of their asylum claims.
    In response, Mexico will authorize the entrance of all of those individuals for humanitarian reasons, in compliance with its international obligations, while they await the adjudication of their asylum claims. Mexico will also offer jobs, healthcare and education according to its principles.
    The United States commits to work to accelerate the adjudication of asylum claims and to conclude removal proceedings as expeditiously as possible.
    Further Actions
    Both parties also agree that, in the event the measures adopted do not have the expected results, they will take further actions. Therefore, the United States and Mexico will continue their discussions on the terms of additional understandings to address irregular migrant flows and asylum issues, to be completed and announced within 90 days, if necessary.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody can out-Trump Trump.

President Donald Trump has announced an immigration reform deal with the Mexican government which likely will allow border officials to end the catch-and-release of Central American migrants.

Ending catch-and-release is a huge win for Americans and Trump because it means border officials now have a legal alternative to the catch-and-release rules which allow migrants to legally enter the United States if they bring children and claim asylum.
    Those catch-and-release rules set by Congress and the courts also allow the migrants to get work permits before their asylum court hearings, which are now backlogged for two or more years.
    Instead of catch-and-release, the migrants can be returned to Mexico until their asylum claims can be heard by a judge.

Mexico’s agreement to offer jobs and healthcare to the migrants will weaken lawsuits by pro-migration U.S. groups that oppose the deal.

Trump and his deputies wanted Mexico to declare itself a safe third country because that would give U.S. border officials the permanent legal authority to reject migrants who cross through Mexico. But the Mexican government’s agreement to host the migrants before their U.S. court hearings provide similar legal authority to U.S. border agencies,
    The deal means that border agencies will not have to release migrants into the United States prior to their asylum hearings.
    The end of catch-and-release will likely wreck the cartels’ labor-trafficking business, which depends on migrants getting U.S. jobs to repay their smuggling debts. Few poor people in Honduras, El Salvador, or Guatemala will go into debt with the cartels, or mortgage their farms and homes to the cartels, once they know they will be forced to remain in Mexico prior to their asylum hearings.
    The reduction of migration will also help stabilize the Central Americans countries, which is needed before foreign investors build farms or factories in those nations.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...funds-cartels/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

[h=2]......
    Trump and his deputies wanted Mexico to declare itself a safe third country because that would give U.S. border officials the permanent legal authority to reject migrants who cross through Mexico. But the Mexican government’s agreement to host the migrants before their U.S. court hearings provide similar legal authority to U.S. border agencies,
    The deal means that border agencies will not have to release migrants into the United States prior to their asylum hearings.
    More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...funds-cartels/
    Don't cha just how the empire works? Ignore international law when you violate it. Use it when you need it. **b-dum tish**

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Don't cha just how the empire works? Ignore international law when you violate it. Use it when you need it. **b-dum tish**
    As long as those actions defend the rights of Americans I don't mind, it's only when they harm America that I am upset.

"International Law" is almost always globalist garbage meant to destroy sovereignty and violate the rights of individuals.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As long as those actions defend the rights of Americans I don't mind, it's only when they harm America that I am upset.

"International Law" is almost always globalist garbage meant to destroy sovereignty and violate the rights of individuals.
    This, America First America Always. If that means "International Law" gets broken, so be it. If they have a problem, we can settle it with force.

international law is unamerican

"It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliance with any portion of the foreign world": it was George Washington's Farewell Address to us. The inaugural pledge of Thomas Jefferson was no less clear: "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none."

From areas near the Ebola outbreak that is getting out of control.
    Seems like that entire area would be under quarantine. They shouldn't be letting anybody leave that area, let alone the country, while that outbreak is in progress.

A graffiti mural welcomes Central Americans who cross the Suchiate River from Guatemala to Mexico: a roaring jaguar protecting a group of trekking migrants, beneath the words: "May nothing on Earth stop us."But the real-life migrants being deported across the border in the other direction are a testament to the fact that, under growing pressure from US President Donald Trump, Mexico is intensifying its efforts to do just that.
    Mexico's southern border is 1,138 kilometers (707 miles) of porous, largely unpoliced territory, much of it stretching through the jungle.
    It is not very hard to cross for the undocumented Central Americans who have been heading toward the United States in a growing exodus in recent months.
    That has provoked the wrath of Trump, who is using the threat of tariffs to force the Mexican government to do more to stop them.
    The strategy appears to be working: Mexico has increased migrant detentions, dramatically restricted visas, stepped up military and police patrols in the border region, and agreed Thursday to deploy 6,000 members of its newly created National Guard to reinforce the border.
    The crackdown has made reaching the United States an increasingly impossible dream for migrants like Jose Mario, a 53-year-old Honduran man who has just crossed legally into Mexico -- with a visa that restricts his movement to the south of the country, far from the US border.
    "We decided we'd rather come legally," he tells AFP on the bridge that spans the river to the Mexican town of Ciudad Hidalgo, in the southern state of Chiapas.
    "The migrants who ford the river get caught and deported."
    As if to punctuate his sentence, three buses pull up to take a group of migrants back where they came from.
    Their expressionless faces -- most of them very young -- look out from behind the buses' tinted windows.
    Jose Mario came in a group of around 100 migrants who arrived early Thursday.
    He is waiting on the bridge with friends who also plan to apply for a temporary "regional visitor visa," which will restrict their movement to the southern states -- one of the government's latest initiatives to keep migrants away from the US.

Some 300,000 migrants have entered Mexico so far this year, according to the government.
    Under pressure from Trump, the Mexican authorities have detained 51,000 of them -- a 17-percent increase from the same period last year.
    "Trump is right," a Mexican border officer told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.
    "Mexico lets them in, gives them benefits. It shouldn't."
    Mexico's leftist President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador took office in December promising to welcome migrants and protect their rights.
    But as Trump lashed out, the leader known as "AMLO" changed tack.
    In recent weeks, the police presence in southern Mexico has surged. The authorities have staged unprecedented raids to round up undocumented migrants, and put up highway checkpoints.
    On Wednesday, they detained hundreds of migrants who had entered Mexico in a caravan.
    Migrant detention centers are meanwhile saturated. They have been the scene of riots and breakouts several times in recent weeks.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/hopes-dim-c-a...054230981.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But didnt you know @Swordsmyth, if you keep out people who will vote to expend the state, some how the lesser action of keeping them out will be the same as allowing them into the nation and voting away our rights.

But didnt you know @Swordsmyth, if you keep out people who will vote to expend the state, some how the lesser action of keeping them out will be the same as allowing them into the nation and voting away our rights.
    Didn't you know? they are more liberty oriented than we are, it is our fault their countries are so much more communist and authoritarian than the US.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Didn't you know? they are more liberty oriented than we are, it is our fault their countries are so much more communist and authoritarian than the US.
    Forgot to out /s in mine.

Forgot to out /s in mine.
    No need.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast