Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump campaign manager calls Amash 'Phony,' 'Grandstanding Swamp Creature'

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    You clearly have claimed his views as rational, and the opposing view as irrational – which contradicts the meaning of neutral.
    Please provide a quote of me saying that.

Not only have I not "clearly" claimed that. I haven't claimed it at all.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He can have an opinion. In this case, his opinion is baseless and irrational accusations against Amash, one of the people this website supports.
    Thats your opinion, not people who think that you should be innocent until proven guilty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's room for differences of opinion about this. I don't know which posters you have in mind, but I have said nothing to either agree or disagree with either Amash or Rand Paul on this.

But there's a difference between agreeing with Rand over Amash and making baseless accusations about what Amash is doing and his motivations.
    I disagree with Amash with this; but its hardly something I'm going to attack him over. I think its stupid and counterproductive; but he's so good overall that I'm just gonna pretend it never happened and ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Thats your opinion, not people who think that you should be innocent until proven guilty.
    I do think that. And so does Amash, and nothing he has said indicates otherwise.

He can have an opinion. In this case, his opinion is baseless and irrational accusations against Amash, one of the people this website supports.
    NO one here supports impeachment or even the idea that someone should be impeached after the justice department tried to jin up charges against them and spent tens of millions of dollars on a Hillary Clinton fake news hoax.

I do think that. And so does Amash, and nothing he has said indicates otherwise.
    WE think he does based on his words, its not an opnion, its English. He can speak it, if he doesn't want to talk out of both sides of his mouth like a neocon.

Please provide a quote of me saying that.

Not only have I not "clearly" claimed that. I haven't claimed it at all.
    "I do have a problem with people making irrational and baseless accusations against him though, like what you had others have done"

WE think he does based on his words, its not an opnion, its English. He can speak it, if he doesn't want to talk out of both sides of his mouth like a neocon.
    Your opinion on that is baseless and irrational, as proven by your inability to find any reason to think it.

Given your posts in this very thread, you're in no position to complain about somebody else's ability to comprehend and use English.

To the extent that you've even been coherent, it's you and your cohorts here who have been speaking out both sides of your mouth. I shouldn't have to hold your hands as much as you're requiring just to get you to see a simple concept, and I don't think it's because you're honestly not seeing it. I think it's because you're deliberately being slippery and dishonest to avoid admitting the weakness of your position.

To wit, the question of whether or not the acts of obstruction of justice the Mueller report provides evidence of Trump having committed are worthy of impeachment is a matter of opinion about which people like Rand and Amash can reasonably have a difference of opinion. The claim that Amash is not merely mistaken, but is furthermore a supporter of the deep state, abuses of FISA warrants, a neocon, and a grandstanding swamp creature, is baseless and irrational.

See how I could say both those things and there was nothing contradictory about it?

"I do have a problem with people making irrational and baseless accusations against him though, like what you had others have done"
    Notice what I called baseless and irrational.

Read it carefully again, because it's right there. And it's not what you said I had "clearly claimed."

Notice what I called baseless and irrational.

Read it carefully again, because it's right there. And it's not what you said I had "clearly claimed."
    huh?

I have a position that is opposite of Amash. I stated that opinion.

you claim to be neutral - but also claim I am making irrational and baseless accusations.

you aren't neutral. what the hell. words mean what they mean. you seem to think you can say anything and it doesn't stick

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your opinion on that is baseless and irrational, as proven by your inability to find any reason to think it.

Given your posts in this very thread, you're in no position to complain about somebody else's ability to comprehend and use English.

To the extent that you've even been coherent, it's you and your cohorts here who have been speaking out both sides of your mouth. I shouldn't have to hold your hands as much as you're requiring just to get you to see a simple concept, and I don't think it's because you're honestly not seeing it. I think it's because you're deliberately being slippery and dishonest to avoid admitting the weakness of your position.

To wit, the question of whether or not the acts of obstruction of justice the Mueller report provides evidence of Trump having committed are worthy of impeachment is a matter of opinion about which people like Rand and Amash can reasonably have a difference of opinion. The claim that Amash is not merely mistaken, but is furthermore a supporter of the deep state, abuses of FISA warrants, a neocon, and a grandstanding swamp creature, is baseless and irrational.

See how I could say both those things and there was nothing contradictory about it?
    Are you Zippy's socket puppet? You can play whatever fake news games all you want, but you are wrong and everyone knows it but you.

huh?

Yes. And I never criticized you just for that opposite opinion. Nor was that opinion what I called baseless and irrational (as the quote you found itself shows).

you claim to be neutral
    On the question of whether or not Amash is right to support impeaching Trump over this, I am.

- but also claim I am making irrational and baseless accusations.
    Which you have clearly done, right here in this thread.

you aren't neutral. what the hell. words mean what they mean. you seem to think you can say anything and it doesn't stick
    I don't see why you think this. I've said nothing to support this claim. Your inability to find a quote from me when I asked you to, and your resort to that quote that plainly didn't say what you asserted is proof that you have no reason to say this.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 05-30-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Are you Zippy's socket puppet? You can play whatever fake news games all you want, but you are wrong and everyone knows it but you.
    You're saying that everyone here believes that Amash is a grandstanding swamp creature?

Do you really believe that?

You're saying that everyone here believes that Amash is a grandstanding swamp creature?

Do you really believe that?
    You would know what I believe if you wanted but you want to play rhetorical fake news games that I don't frankly have time for.

huh?

you claim to be neutral - but also claim I am making irrational and baseless accusations.

SM is just playing mental gymnastics with you, or at least tries. Kind of like Bill Clinton requesting the definition of "is" is.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

You would know what I believe if you wanted but you want to play rhetorical fake news games that I don't frankly have time for.
    But that right there is the whole question that you've been arguing with me about.

If you're trying to twist it into something else, then it's you who are playing rhetorical games.

Think that Trump shouldn't be impeached for the reasons Amash does? Fine. Think that the only way Amash can hold his position is by being a grandstanding swamp creature? Not fine.

It's that simple.

Which you have clearly done, right here in this thread.
    your apologist behavior for spying is plain bulll$#@!. Rand is playing this way too nice.

nothing I have said is irrational. Amash is wrong. period. I'm not neutral - I'm pissed and suspect he was a phony all along. or maybe he is just dumb

this is not hard to understand - so I am not sure what your problem is. every reason Amash gives shows he is in favor of the DOJ having more power. $#@! that, and $#@! him.

But that right there is the whole question that you've been arguing with me about.

If you're trying to twist it into something else, then it's you who are playing rhetorical games.

Think that Trump shouldn't be impeached for the reasons Amash does? Fine. Think that the only way Amash can hold his position is by being a grandstanding swamp creature? Not fine.

It's that simple.
    That's the sort of the thing people call you when you side with the swamp nowadays, if you want to be a swamp creature and side with Pelosi on the Hillary Clinton fake news than you are wrong, and when Rand says JA is wrong, he is wrong. I have defended JA probably more than anything but this is indefensable.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    your apologist behavior for spying is plain bulll$#@!. Rand is playing this way too nice.
    At least now you admit that what you're doing is not the same thing that Rand is doing.

At this point, I think we can say case closed on all this sophistry that you and your cohorts have been resorting to trying to slip around between a mere difference of opinion and the irrational and baseless accusations you've been lobbing at Amash.

That's the sort of the thing people call you when you side with the swamp nowadays
    People? Not just people. The Trump campaign manager. I.e. the swamp incarnate is calling Amash a grandstanding swamp creature.

You want to play the guilt by association game? Well that's who you're siding with.

Isn't it better to give both Amash and Rand the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their core allegiances, rather than resort to this argument that bad guy X says A, and good guy Y also says A, so good guy Y must be a bad guy after all.

And notably, Pelosi is doing all she can not to impeach Trump. It seems to me that you're the one siding with her, and plenty of other swamp creatures.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 05-30-2019 at 02:47 PM.

People? Not just people. The Trump campaign manager. I.e. the swamp incarnate is calling Amash a grandstanding swamp creature.
    I am saying it. Unless he refutes his previous statements than he is wrong. I am not a Trump campaigner, you can ask all the Trump people, they have neg repped me on this board more than you will ever.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Of course he'll back his primary challenger. The whole neocon establishment will back Amash's challenger this time.
    This is one reason why Amash attacking Trump was a stupid move. If instead he lead an attack on the corrupt deep state communists, he would be winning allies and gaining stature with Republican voters and politicians. Now he is in the same place as Megyn Kelly. Remember her? She is unemployable and has no allies.

Not a great place for a libertarian Republican to be and yet he put himself into this position. Republicans won't trust him and Democrats won't either. Amash could have been working to move the GOP toward a more libertarian position, but now he is toxic.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

At least now you admit that what you're doing is not the same thing that Rand is doing.

At this point, I think we can say case closed on all this sophistry that you and your cohorts have been resorting to trying to slip around between a mere difference of opinion and the irrational and baseless accusations you've been lobbing at Amash.
    I never would of said otherwise. I'm not trying to win friends and gain influence like Rand. I can be much more honest and call idiots idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This is one reason why Amash attacking Trump was a stupid move. If instead he lead an attack on the corrupt deep state communists, he would be winning allies and gaining stature with Republican voters and politicians. Now he is in the same place as Megyn Kelly. Remember her? She is unemployable and has no allies.

Not a great place for a libertarian Republican to be and yet he put himself into this position. Republicans won't trust him and Democrats won't either. Amash could have been working to move the GOP toward a more libertarian position, but now he is toxic.
    I predict Amash will beat the establishment again in 2020 if runs for reelection.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I predict Amash will beat the establishment again in 2020 if runs for reelection.
    Even if he does, he still is left in a bad spot. Will he earn a fat paycheck? Sure. Will he help make the GOP a better party? I doubt it.

Rand has laid down the blueprint for how to make headway within the GOP and Amash instead appears to be following the AOC blueprint.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Pelosi is doing all she can not to impeach Trump. It seems to me that you're the one siding with her, and plenty of other swamp creatures.
    fake news, she wants it but she doesn't want to lose so she is making these emotional appeals like Trump needs an intervention. You can pretend not to understand words but you aren't this stupid you are just fake news.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation The Times, they are a changing - The Trump Coup

Justin Amash didn't leave RPF.
    RPF left Justin Amash

We're all Saudi-Israeli now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Justin Amash didn't leave RPF.
    RPF left Justin Amash

We're all Saudi-Israeli now.

The 3% of freedom fighters just went down to .5%

They all been trump'd.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast