Thread: Double your donation - here's how!

Double your donation - here's how!

The most important thing to do is to pay yourself first. When you get your paycheck, immediately put aside how much you want to save. This way you won't be tempted to spend it and you will force yourself to save. Work extra hours if you can, it's a really easy way to make some extra cash. Here are some more tips to help you save up to pay off the credit card:

1. Food: these expenses can easily get out of hand. DON'T EAT FAST FOOD. Don't eat out, make your own food: it's cheaper and healthier. Make your own lunch for school/work, and avoid buying prepared foods, coffee and snacks. Make your own coffee. Stop drinking soda. When buying groceries, don't buy junk food (pop, chips, ice cream). Avoid buying ready to eat foods; buy more basic staple ingredients. Great website: www.hillbillyhousewife.com

2. House: conserve heat by keeping the thermostat lower, and turn it down 5 degrees overnight. Buy window insulation plastic for winter. Take shorter showers.

3. Communications: cancel your cable or satellite, YouTube is better. Get a cheaper phone plan, or cancel your land line and use cell only. Use Skype for long distance calling, its free.

4. Transportation: Carpool, bicycle, bus, or just don't go out as often. Try to do things locally. Check your tire pressure (low pressure = poor mileage).

5. Entertainment: make Ron Paul campaigning your entertainment. Join or start a Meetup, go canvassing, put Slim Jims in mailboxes and on windshields. Instead of going out, watch a documentary or read a book about the Federal Reserve or monetary policy. Still go out when you can get alot RP exposure, such as sporting events - bring a big RP sign.

6. Christmas: keep your holiday spending low. Instead of buying more gifts, save the money to rescue your country. Make a Tea Party donation as a gift to a Paul supporter. Ask your family that your gifts be Tea Party donations and tell them nothing would please you more. Even better, have a 'Buy Nothing' Christmas and send it all to Paul.

7. Other: sell some stuff (ebay, yard sale, trade in cd/dvds/books), work extra hours, rake leaves or shovel snow, donate plasma, cash out your vacation time, round up aluminum cans (most cities have places you can get .60 cents a pound)
    Unless you want to abolish the Federal Reserve, you aren't interested in real change.
    Ron Paul is only the beginning.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the link to hillbilly housewife. They have some great recipes and great advice!

Great, great post. Although, from what I understand, putting things in mailboxes is illegal. I'd recommend not doing it Stick them in the front door frame or under windshield wipers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanehand View Post
    ... putting things in mailboxes is illegal.
    You are correct. When working with slim jims, for example, just slide them in the crack of the door or roll them up and stick them in the handle of the door. Try not to leave them on the ground or where they will end up on the ground.

I might have to miss my family's Christmas party out of town to donate to Ron Paul, cuz the hotel costs + donation money would be too much for me to afford right now. So the hotel costs are now going to Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mosconi View Post
    I might have to miss my family's Christmas party out of town to donate to Ron Paul, cuz the hotel costs + donation money would be too much for me to afford right now. So the hotel costs are now going to Ron Paul.
    Not to hijack the thread, but your family won't let you stay with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrik View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but your family won't let you stay with them?
    We actually have the party at a hotel, not at a family member's home, though my aunt does live in the area (the rest of us come from out of town) so it's possible I could shack up with her, though I hate to impose. But that's why I said 'might' because I don't know yet. The point is, we all gotta make sacrifices for what we believe in, and I believe in getting Ron Paul elected.

Final push

Just a few hours left until the Tea Party finishes up. Let's drive hard to the finish, and shock the whole world. Bump!
    Unless you want to abolish the Federal Reserve, you aren't interested in real change.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

bump

You forgot selling plasma! lol