Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 49 of 49

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul: Violence Is 'Inherent to Socialism'

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Socialism is inherently bad because it removes any incentives for people to work hard and enivitably forces it on people. Elon Musk wouldn't of been able to create his company in any socialistic country and not because America would of invaded the country but because the country would of robbed him of all of his work and forced him to work and people are not creative when they have their souls sucked out of them.
    Most govts people consider to be socialism doesn't completely remove the incentive for people to innovate. It seizes just enough wealth from the productive not to discourage them. So say in Norway where the taxes are high, an Elon Musk can still exist because he would still benefit greatly from amassing wealth from his genius. Then think of Rand using Venezuela and not Norway in the video where taxes are actually higher and then you see why this kind of anti Venezuela propaganda annoys me.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Most govts people consider to be socialism doesn't completely remove the incentive for people to innovate. It seizes just enough wealth from the productive not to discourage them. So say in Norway where the taxes are high, an Elon Musk can still exist because he would still benefit greatly from amassing wealth from his genius. Then think of Rand using Venezuela and not Norway in the video where taxes are actually higher and then you see why this kind of anti Venezuela propaganda annoys me.
    Why doesn't Norway have an Elon Musk? Where is their space program?



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Do you think that if America embraced socialism we would stop the imperialism or do you think we would need the imperialism to pay for it?
    I don't think those are the only options. I think the imperialism would continue as a boon to the oligarchs (who are bound to be the real recipients of benefits under socialism). But it would prove to be a net sink of economic resources, not a source. It would not pay for any domestic socialism, but would only hasten the demise of the system.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I don't think those are the only options. I think the imperialism would continue as a boon to the oligarchs (who are bound to be the real recipients of benefits under socialism). But it would prove to be a net sink of economic resources, not a source. It would not pay for any domestic socialism, but would only hasten the demise of the system.
    Well we tried that already, Ron Paul alone couldnt get rid of all the socialism he was just going to get rid of the imperialism and the establishment said that our only two options was imperialism and socialism or imperialism and socialism.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Why doesn't Norway have an Elon Musk? Where is their space program?
    I dunno, maybe because they do not have a govt big enough to bestow their Elon Musk with billions of dollars in govt contracts? Lets not forget that he built his fortune doing contracts for the imperialist US govt
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I dunno, maybe because they do not have a govt big enough to bestow their Elon Musk with billions of dollars in govt contracts? Lets not forget that he built his fortune doing contracts for the imperialist US govt
    no Elon Musk is a net profit to the government with all of the money he pays into government. Quit hitting yourself.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    INB4 Jules twists Rand's anti socialist talking points into being pro imparialism because he doesn't understand you can be against socialism and imperialism and at the same time advocate for represenative and voluntary government.
    I think Rand gets a lot of things wrong when it comes to foreign policy but I will not call him a pro imperialist politician. He is increasingly naive or maybe even obtuse when it comes to Syria and Venezuela which I wanna believe its him playing politics. I really get annoyed whenever I see him getting his facts wrong.

    He said in the video that "now Bernie is no longer is favor of increasing taxes on the millionaires now that he has become one, he just wants to tax billionaires". That is me paraphrasing him. But from his website, one can see that he is still in favor of increasing the taxes of everyone making 230k or more. He starts to talk up the empire and that is when he begins to start lying e.g. its a civil war in Syria, socialism is impoverishing the people of Venezuela. All rubbish

    http://www.bernietax.com/#0;0
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I think Rand gets a lot of things wrong when it comes to foreign policy but I will not call him a pro imperialist politician. He is increasingly naive or maybe even obtuse when it comes to Syria and Venezuela which I wanna believe its him playing politics. I really get annoyed whenever I see him getting his facts wrong.

    He said in the video that "now Bernie is no longer is favor of increasing taxes on the millionaires now that he has become one, he just wants to tax billionaires". That is me paraphrasing him. But from his website, one can see that he is still in favor of increasing the taxes of everyone making 230k or more. He starts to talk up the empire and that is when he begins to start lying e.g. its a civil war in Syria, socialism is impoverishing the people of Venezuela. All rubbish

    http://www.bernietax.com/#0;0
    LOL i think that was just him making a sarcastic remark about his wealth because he gained his wealth from socialism and then said that the oligarchs in socialist countries have a lot of wealth like Bernie Sanders.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    no Elon Musk is a net profit to the government with all of the money he pays into government. Quit hitting yourself.
    I actually thought your previous posts were u trying to be funny but I am beginning to realize u are serious. Well, I really can't tell if he is or not just that he got his big break working govt contracts
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I actually thought your previous posts were u trying to be funny but I am beginning to realize u are serious. Well, I really can't tell if he is or not just that he got his big break working govt contracts
    You don't think another country would want to sell rocket rides to NASA? Russia already does, we would buy it from anyone else but Russia if we had a choice.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    LOL i think that was just him making a sarcastic remark about his wealth because he gained his wealth from socialism and then said that the oligarchs in socialist countries have a lot of wealth like Bernie Sanders.
    Sorry but that looked like a serious interview to me, I bet people listening to him or reading his article would come out believing that Bernie moved the tax gaol post the moment he became a millionaire. This is a lie pretending to be a joke.

    Elon Musk also gained his wealth via the socialism aspect of our economy.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Do you think ordinary Americans would be economically better off if the regime in DC didn't police the world with the military that it forces them to fund, or worse off?
    Most will be better off. As the saying goes a rising tide lifts all boats
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Sorry but that looked like a serious interview to me, I bet people listening to him or reading his article would come out believing that Bernie moved the tax gaol post the moment he became a millionaire. This is a lie pretending to be a joke.

    Elon Musk also gained his wealth via the socialism aspect of our economy.
    I would agree with you if you said Boeing, but you are wrong, Musk is not Boeing. I bet other people who don't have a lot of comprehension of context would think a lot of things.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Most will be better off. As the saying goes a rising tide lifts all boats
    In that metaphor, the effect of military intervention is a lowering tide, not a rising one.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    In that metaphor, the effect of military intervention is a lowering tide, not a rising one.
    Like I said, I do not believe the ROI of our militarism is negative. If it was negative, they wouldn't be doing it. The tides maybe lowering in places they attack but it is rising for the US
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Like I said, I do not believe the ROI of our militarism is negative. If it was negative, they wouldn't be doing it. The tides maybe lowering in places they attack but it is rising for the US
    Its not a negative for the people who control our government. quit hitting yourself there are going to be more homeless people in California than the population of another state soon enough.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Its not a negative for the people who control our government. quit hitting yourself there are going to be more homeless people in California than the population of another state soon enough.
    Hence the saying a rising tide lifts all boats. It is rising for people who control our govt and those people tend to reside in the US where they hire Americans with the money gained from militarism.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Hence the saying a rising tide lifts all boats. It is rising for people who control our govt and those people tend to reside in the US where they hire Americans with the money gained from militarism.
    You really don't think its possible that its profitable for them because they are stealing from those people who tend to reside in the US and that's what's hurting America?



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2019, 07:28 AM
  2. The violence inherent in theocracy
    By jmdrake in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 04:41 PM
  3. "The Violence Inherent in 'Christian Socialism'" by Dr. Joel McDurmon
    By Theocrat in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 04:26 PM
  4. Capitalism vs Socialism, Rand Paul vs Mikhail Gorbachev
    By Reason in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 02:56 AM
  5. Now we see the violence inherent in the system
    By fletcher in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •