Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 75

Thread: Mueller Statement

  1. #1

    Mueller Statement

    Video to come.

    My summary of Mueller statement:

    - Russians interfered in US election! Russians hacked the Democrats and Hillary, and gave the information to Wikileaks. Also non-government Russians trolled social media pretending to be Americans (shocking! Fakes and trolls on the internet! )

    - Sittng President could not be charged, so that was never an option. He did mention that “other processes would be used against a sitting President”. Open door to impeachment.

    - Mueller isn’t going to say anything else on the subject, except what is in the report. Basically he was telling Congress and media, don’t even bother trying to get me to testify.

    —————

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Seems that Mueller had several goals with today’s statement...

    - Make accusations about the Russians, thus justifying his investigation.
    - Implicate Wikileaks and by extension, Assange.
    - Give ammo to those who want impeachment.
    - Ask Congress not to subpoena him to testify or attend a hearing.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-29-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Spin is on. CNN already saying that because Trump was not explicitly cleared, then Trump definitely committed crimes.

    “We have not charged Trump with robbing a 7/11, but we can’t say for sure that he has never robbed a 7/11”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  4. #3
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  5. #4
    Mueller says that he can't say that Trump didn't commit a crime without there being a resolution based on a court trial.


    Then on the other hand he says that if he had found evidence that trump didn't commit a crime, then he would have brought that evidence forward.


    So he's saying that it would require a trial in order to determine guilt but no trial is needed in order to determine innocence.


    That's a contradiction.


    He couldn't even do his fracking job.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    Mueller says that he can't say that Trump didn't commit a crime without there being a resolution based on a court trial.


    Then on the other hand he says that if he had found evidence that trump didn't commit a crime, then he would have brought that evidence forward.


    So he's saying that it would require a trial in order to determine guilt but no trial is needed in order to determine innocence.


    That's a contradiction.


    He couldn't even do his fracking job.
    We have much more important things to worry about than this. Let Justin, Rand, Tom, et al, do what they need to do... it is up to us to continue to teach the young generation about true liberty.

    Only when the hearts and minds change to embrace and practice liberty will it ever have a chance.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)

  7. #6
    I would also like to know when Mueller came to all these conclusions. I am sure it was way before the midterm elections.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    We have much more important things to worry about than this.
    That's true.

    But it doesn't mean that this isn't an important subject and isn't well worth discussing.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I would also like to know when Mueller came to all these conclusions. I am sure it was way before the midterm elections.
    He says that he won't answer questions that aren't already answered in the report.

    If he doesn't answer your question, then he should be held in contempt too.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Also non-government Russians trolled social media pretending to be Americans
    @heavenlyboy34
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    We have much more important things to worry about than this. Let Justin, Rand, Tom, et al, do what they need to do... it is up to us to continue to teach the young generation about true liberty.

    Only when the hearts and minds change to embrace and practice liberty will it ever have a chance.
    First there will be a need for universal self responsibility. This is the true challenge, until then humans are going to take the path of least resistance. We have two generations now who like to be taken care of rather than do it for themselves.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

  13. #11
    I find it hard to believe that the Russians had anything to do with the election other than the fact that the democrats paid them to work on their platform because they couldn't beat Trump fairly.

  14. #12
    "If Trump was cleared, we would have said so."
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "If Trump was cleared, we would have said so."
    Isn't that a contradictory statement after already saying that there was no collusion and no obstruction? Or is he just saying that they have no way of proving it, but they know its true?

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Isn't that a contradictory statement after already saying that there was no collusion and no obstruction? Or is he just saying that they have no way of proving it, but they know its true?
    Turmp claimed no obstruction- Mueller did not say that. He said he was not allowed to charge the President but was careful to note that this did not mean he found the President was not potentially chargeable. The actual quote:

    “If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” he noted. “We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the president did commit a crime.”
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-probe-1346420

    He stressed that he was not the venue to look farther into that (saying rules prohibited them from issuing any charges, even in secret, against a sitting president)- implying that another venue (Congress) should.

    “The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing,” said Mueller, who did not take questions.

    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-29-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Turmp claimed no obstruction- Mueller did not say that. He said he was not allowed to charge the President but was careful to note that this did not mean he found the President was not potentially chargeable. The actual quote:
    no his original statement zippy he said that they could not find any obstruction. I can't find one of my left socks that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I figured that meant he could not charge because he could not prove it.
    Last edited by nikcers; 05-29-2019 at 12:35 PM.

  18. #16



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    no his original statement zippy he said that they could not find any obstruction. I can't find one of my left socks that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I figured that meant he could not charge because he could not prove it.
    Barr claimed they found no obstruction. That was contradicted by the summary in the Mueller report- which he repeated in his statement today that if Trump was clear, they would have said so. He did say that Trump did not collude with Russia but that Russia interfered with the election in many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "If Trump was cleared, we would have said so."
    You put greater trust in words of Mueller than conclusions from Mueller Report drawn by Deputy AG Rosenstein and AG Barr (both of whom were MAGA appointed)?

    Barr: "The report recounts ten episodes involving the president and discusses legal theories for connecting those activities," Barr said. "After carefully reviewing the facts and legal theories outlined in the report and in consultation with the Office of Legal Counsel and other department lawyers,the deputy attorney general and I concluded that the evidence developed by the special counsel is not subject to establish that the president committed an obstruction of justice offense."
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/barr...ry?id=62466298

    Republican lawmakers led by Meadows, chairman of the House Freedom Caucus one of President Trump’s top allies in Congress, have drafted eight articles of impeachment against Rosenstein. The articles make a series of charges against Rosenstein and question his credibility, reputation and fitness to serve.
    Rosenstein defiant as impeachment talk rises

  22. #19

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    You put greater trust in words of Mueller than conclusions from Mueller Report drawn by Deputy AG Rosenstein and AG Barr (both of whom were MAGA appointed)?

    Barr: "The report recounts ten episodes involving the president and discusses legal theories for connecting those activities," Barr said. "After carefully reviewing the facts and legal theories outlined in the report and in consultation with the Office of Legal Counsel and other department lawyers,the deputy attorney general and I concluded that the evidence developed by the special counsel is not subject to establish that the president committed an obstruction of justice offense."
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/barr...ry?id=62466298
    Mueller was quoting his own report.

    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/wh...t-obstruction/

    Mueller emphasized, however, that his analysis of the evidence did not clear the president of obstruction. Said Mueller: “[I]f we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment.”
    Who should we go by? The Mueller Report? Or Mueller? Especially when they both say the exact same thing.

    The spin- meisters are very busy on this one today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Barr claimed they found no obstruction. That was contradicted by the summary in the Mueller report- which he repeated in his statement today that if Trump was clear, they would have said so. He did say that Trump did not collude with Russia but that Russia interfered with the election in many ways.
    I thought that part of the summary was a direct quote from the report?

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I thought the summary was a direct quote from the report?
    Barr's statement was not a quote from the report. Mueller said Barr misrepresented the report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Video to come.

    My summary of Mueller statement:

    - Russians interfered in US election! Russians hacked the Democrats and Hillary, and gave the information to Wikileaks. Also non-government Russians trolled social media pretending to be Americans (shocking! Fakes and trolls on the internet! )

    - Sittng President could not be charged, so that was never an option. He did mention that “other processes would be used against a sitting President”. Open door to impeachment.

    - Mueller isn’t going to say anything else on the subject, except what is in the report. Basically he was telling Congress and media, don’t even bother trying to get me to testify.

    Then his investigation is total garbage. Anyone who has read anything about how the data was obtained knows it was not a hack.
    Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

    It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.


    Whenever someone tells me Trump is draining the Swamp.


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Barr's statement was not a quote from the report. Mueller said Barr misrepresented the report.
    I thought Meuller said that the media was misrepresenting what Barr was saying.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Then his investigation is total garbage. Anyone who has read anything about how the data was obtained knows it was not a hack.
    Good riddance.
    It's a hack in the sense that Clintons let the Russians in by keeping her government secrets in a place where they could get it. Clinton was hacked and the FBI said it was gross negligance.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "If Trump was cleared, we would have said so."
    No need to watch CNN when Zippy can provide the Democrat talking points in real time.

    So hard to prove a negative. “We can not definitely clear Trump of having robbed a 7/11 at some point.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  31. #27
    Seems that Mueller had several goals with today’s statement...

    - Make accusations about the Russians, thus justifying his investigation.
    - Implicate Wikileaks and by extension, Assange.
    - Give ammo to those who want impeachment.
    - Ask Congress not to subpoena him to testify or attend a hearing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  32. #28

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    “The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing,” said Mueller, who did not take questions.
    according to Judge Napolitano that isn't even real a rule or a law its just a recommendation.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbswCOpAUa8

    Last edited by nikcers; 05-29-2019 at 01:46 PM.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Spin is on. CNN already saying that because Trump was not explicitly cleared, then Trump definitely committed crimes.

    “We have not charged Trump with robbing a 7/11, but we can’t say for sure that he has never robbed a 7/11”.
    I guess this is one of those deals where we're mentally watching 2 different speeches, because I heard him say they did not proceed because of the DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president, but that Congress should step into it's oversight role.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Mueller's report looks bad for Obama
    By timosman in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2019, 12:04 AM
  2. What's Next For Mueller?
    By Smaulgld in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2018, 05:03 PM
  3. Trump says he still 'would like to' testify before Mueller
    By Zippyjuan in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2018, 01:57 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 06:24 PM
  5. The Sharon Statement ( YAF'S Statement of Principles)
    By Truth Warrior in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 05:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •