Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Video] Justin Amash town hall 5/28/19

[Video] Justin Amash town hall 5/28/19

https://www.facebook.com/fox17online...8780868617444/

edit: here's another version that doesn't have the first minute cut out, probably is better

https://www.facebook.com/woodtv/videos/691087261321615
    Last edited by jct74; 05-28-2019 at 08:50 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by jct74; 05-28-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Amash is getting noticed and getting top headlines in media (even if his popularity among GOP-neocon wing might not be rising), this is positive for Libertarian movement in general.
    No it isn't, the left that is applauding him today will reject him as soon as he is no longer useful to them and he is making conservatives who might have listened to our message in the long run hate and suspect libertarians.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

drudge headline:

Republican gets standing ovation at first town hall after calling for Trump impeachment...

So what exactly did Trump do?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Wow, just heard his position on not allowing unvaccinated children from attending school, what a whack job.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The more I watch his town halls the more I realize I think that he knows what he is doing. Thomas Massie and Rand Paul are perfect for Kentucky. Amash is great for Michigan. The reverse probably wouldn't hold.

If he holds his seat, or gets a Senate seat that would be awesome. I don't think now is the time for a Presidential run, though.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The more I watch his town halls the more I realize I think that he knows what he is doing. Thomas Massie and Rand Paul are perfect for Kentucky. Amash is great for Michigan. The reverse probably wouldn't hold.

If he holds his seat, or gets a Senate seat that would be awesome. I don't think now is the time for a Presidential run, though.
    It doesn't justify his dishonorable behavior.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Around the 38 minutes mark, he is really confused.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Around the 38 minutes mark, he is really confused.
    That's charitable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is no underlining crime committed...but he is guilty of obstructing justice?!?!?!

Amash is a joke.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

There is no underlining crime committed...but he is guilty of obstructing justice?!?!?!

Amash is a joke.
    He also denies that the whole investigation was based on lies etc. and tries to imply that there were underlying crimes and that Trump successfully obstructed justice.

He is all in on the treasonous coup.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Near the end he tries to blame Trump for dividing the country.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow, just heard his position on not allowing unvaccinated children from attending school, what a whack job.
    It sounds like he doesn't care what rights are violated as long as it is done at a local level.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 05-29-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He also defends letting non-citizens vote at the local level.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I wish someone had asked why he never called for O'Bummer's impeachment.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

His priority on immigration is to process the invaders into the welfare state faster.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Hadn't Gotten that far before I turn that $#@! off.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

OK, I continued. He believes Russians were involved in our elections...

So what? We can't think and vote independently? No mention of Israeli involvement in our elections...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

1:21. she owns him.

Then he taps dances...
    Last edited by Danke; 05-29-2019 at 02:45 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

1:35!

He believes in Global Warming climate change. lol
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I like what Amash is doing and I'm glad Massie and Rand are staying toward the right. I think testing a left-appealing libertarian position is a good strategy, and Amash is definitely grabbing media attention which is good. If he runs for president, I want him to run in the republican primary, not go libertarian party.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No it isn't, the left that is applauding him today will reject him as soon as he is no longer useful to them and he is making conservatives who might have listened to our message in the long run hate and suspect libertarians.
    Justin is "Changing the Tone", contrary to the duopoly in power, and critical to this movement. He is young, in touch, and reaching the young generation. I applaud Justin and fully support him.

Rand can do his thing in the senate. I remember when Rand was heavily railed on this forum, he seemed to have overcome his detractors.

Justin has a 94% Freedom Index, among the highest in the Congress and on both sides of the isle. Instead of slitting his throat in every post that you make, he needs more of us to get behind him.

But you are a STATIST NEOCON SHILL so that goes over your head. I do, however, appreciate many of the threads that you start.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Wow. Welcome to 2008. I remember Conservatives in a complete meltdown when Ron Paul suggested we "invited 9/11 attacks".
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Hadn't Gotten that far before I turn that $#@! off.

That is the FULL-BLOWN STATIST position.

I support all people voting at the local level if that is what they wish to do. If you choose to homestead an open area, or open a business, and others in your locale also, it is up to that close-knit community to make decisions amongst themselves without state or federal interference.

Voting at the local level does not require registering with or funding "The Fed". It brings it back to the local level where it should be, and according to the 10th Amendment.

I understand why the Bill of Rights is being shredded though... it is not "invaders"... it is people like you who believe and support Restrictionism, Constitution Free Zones and government Eminent Domain - which are all communist/globalist agendas.

OK, I continued. He believes Russians were involved in our elections...

So what? We can't think and vote independently? No mention of Israeli involvement in our elections...
    Those are very good points.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

The problem I have with Amash's position is that EVERY President has been as guilty and more so of high crimes and misdemeanors and most often War Crimes. Why die on this hill when the Russia Gate hoax was clearly a charade to get Trump to make a slip up.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Justin: "Under the current administration spending is sky-rocketing."

The lady around the :37 minute mark who can "think for herself"... understands NOTHING about obstruction.

She said: "trump is all for limited government."

Justin said: "President trump is not at all for limited government. That's just not true at all."

The lady said: "I can't debate you on that because I haven't researched that. However he wants to get rid of the Department of Education."

Justin said: "He's free to do so. He's the president. He's the president, he could make a move to do so."

The lady said: "Ok, we'll just move on, this isn't going anywhere."
    Last edited by PAF; 05-29-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast