Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First-ever private border wall built in New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You're such a dip$#@!. No, 40 illegals replaced 40 citizens. Under his company. This was at a resort with million, sometimes multi-million dollar homes. Local drywallers were making average about $16/hr. (late nineties). He cut that labor charge in half (if not less). Within two years his company took over 60% of business. Within 4 yrs. he was the top drywaller on the mountain. None of the workers "spoke many English." None were green card workers. And so, 40 American families found themselves out of a breadwinner. Open borders and globalism is great!
    So he started his own company (good for him!) and underbid the competition. Smart man!

Within two years his company took over 60% of business. Within 4 yrs. he was the top drywaller on the mountain.
    Must have done a really good job. If he did a crappy one, others would not hire him.

Should you be protected from somebody trying to under-bid you? Is that a role for the government?

"Please protect me, Mr Trump! I can't compete in the world!" No wonder some people think America is weak. They fear competition. Facing competition makes you better.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-31-2019 at 04:16 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So he started his own company (good for him!) and underbid the competition. Smart man!

Must have done a really good job. If he did a crappy one, others would not hire him.

Should you be protected from somebody trying to under-bid you? Is that a role for the government?

"Please protect me, Mr Trump! I can't compete in the world!" No wonder some people think America is weak. They fear competition. Facing competition makes you better.
    You just don't get this. Do you?

Sure. He took advantage of the system. And also the workers. The same way you bemoan mega-corporations, but on a smaller level. He paid his workers dirt. Put them up 10, or more, people in three bedroom apartments. And deducted from their wages these costs. Sweat shop labor, Zip. I know al about it because he bragged on it after a few tequilas. Aren't you all about workers rights Zip? Or just about cheap labor for millionaires?

. I know al about it because he bragged on it after a few tequilas.
    So you were drinking buddies? Or just making this up?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-31-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I have refrained from saying this, until now, but it appears that Shill seems to be eluding to and advocates "ethnic cleansing", IMO.
    That is a lie, I have always made it very clear that it isn't about race/ethnicity/whatever.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Can't come up with anything original?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't come up with anything original?
    You can't come up with an argument?

This is the #1 reason why immigration MUST be controlled so I don't need anything else.

You want to turn America into a single party communist dictatorship like Kalifornia and we are going to stop you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You can't come up with an argument?

This is the #1 reason why immigration MUST be controlled so I don't need anything else.

You want to turn America into a single party communist dictatorship like Kalifornia and we are going to stop you.
    Again with the guidebook cliches. You need some new material.

Again with the guidebook cliches. You need some new material.
    That is just pathetic, you need to get new arguments from your masters.

Truth is eternal.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Obviously in your opinion its the governments job to bring people into the country to work for less money than I will.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Obviously in your opinion its the governments job to bring people into the country to work for less money than I will.
    Nah- the government's job is not to bring in people. The government should let people hire whomever they want to as long as the worker is willing to accept the pay -whether they are from Kansas, Canada, or India or wherever. Market should decide.

Nah- the government's job is not to bring in people. The government should let people hire whomever they want to as long as the worker is willing to accept the pay -whether they are from Kansas, Canada, or India or wherever. Market should decide.
    700 million people can come in and work for 50 cents an hour and thats okay with you?

700 million people can come in and work for 50 cents an hour and thats okay with you?
    Do 700 million want to? Are there 700 million job openings for them here?

Should the government protect you? Should there be a minimum wage?

Sure it is, his bosses will make billions and the American middle class will be averaged down to the level of poverty typical of the 3rd world.
    Since money is power they will gain absolute control of the country and millions more Americans will become dependent on government for their needs, we will have a communist dictatorship almost overnight when you add all of the imported communists to the voter rolls.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure it is, his bosses will make billions and the American middle class will be averaged down to the level of poverty typical of the 3rd world.
    Since money is power they will gain absolute control of the country and millions more Americans will become dependent on government for their needs, we will have a communist dictatorship almost overnight when you add all of the imported communists to the voter rolls.
    More scary cliches.

More scary cliches.
    LOL

This new tactic is Hillaryous.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Do 700 million want to? Are there 700 million job openings for them here?

Should the government protect you? Should there be a minimum wage?
    The survey, conducted by Gallup over 135 countries between 2007 and 2009, found that nearly 16 percent of the world’s adult population would like to move to another country permanently, if given the opportunity. Sixteen percent of the world’s adult population amounts to 700 million people
    Should there be a government if they aren't going to protect me or have any borders?

Should there be a government if they aren't going to protect me or have any borders?
    We have borders. And they are not "open". Some are trying to scare people into wanting more government control.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-31-2019 at 05:37 PM.

We have borders. And they are not "open".
    LOL

Millions of people pouring in is not open?

It's one of the few legitimate functions of government to protect us from foreign invaders who will impose tyranny on us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

Millions of people pouring in is not open?

It's one of the few legitimate functions of government to protect us from foreign invaders who will impose tyranny on us.
    More cliches.

More cliches.
    LOL

I love it when you repeat that garbage, it might as well be an admission that you lost the argument.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We have borders. And they are not "open". Some are trying to scare people into wanting more government control.
    The government is letting anyone in though, they are keeping the border effectively open

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The government is letting anyone in though, they are keeping the border effectively open
    So Trump is failing?

So Trump is failing?

The government is failing obviously if they have let 10s of millions in, effectively replacing the population with people who work for less money, effectively taking food out of peoples mouths

The government is failing obviously if they have let 10s of millions in, effectively replacing the population with people who work for less money, effectively taking food out of peoples mouths
    Have you met your new replacement yet?

So Trump is failing?

Congress and the courts are failing, that is why Trump has had to resort to emergency measures.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Congress and the courts are failing, that is why Trump has had to resort to emergency measures.
    Which until the midterms were all run by Republicans with Trump at the top and they did nothing. Republican failure.

Which until the midterms were all run by Republicans with Trump at the top and they did nothing. Republican failure.
    RINOs are Demoncrats in Republican clothing and they did fail their duty to the country just like ALL the Demoncrats.

And the courts have been dominated by Demoncrat extremists and they are also betraying their duty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I agree with this.

This is why I am shocked that there are still some here who are arguing republican vs Democrat. Left vs right.

I thought that liberty stood over all that nonsense? Why can’t we just agree that it’s not left vs right. One side isn’t ANY better than the other, because at the heart of the matter is simply a matter of IN vs OUT. The ones with the mega millions are the ones who influence every single decision. They are the reason why we can’t have nice things. When will people stop looking at trump like he is some kind of republican savior? He’s not. Never will be. You can count on all your thumbs how many true liberty advocates there are in Congress. That’s enough to make me realize that liberty is doomed. The debt is skyrocketing, as it does every single second no matter who is in charge. The wars go on, no matter who is in charge. Building a wall fixes nothing. Soon the whole country will be a social experiment gone wrong that the next 1000 years nobody will learn from because history is doomed to repeat itself over and over and over until something breaks the cycle.

What breaks the cycle? There’s a book out there that explains exactly what will happen. I believe it.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I agree with this.

This is why I am shocked that there are still some here who are arguing republican vs Democrat. Left vs right.

I thought that liberty stood over all that nonsense? Why can’t we just agree that it’s not left vs right. One side isn’t ANY better than the other, because at the heart of the matter is simply a matter of IN vs OUT. The ones with the mega millions are the ones who influence every single decision. They are the reason why we can’t have nice things. When will people stop looking at trump like he is some kind of republican savior? He’s not. Never will be. You can count on all your thumbs how many true liberty advocates there are in Congress. That’s enough to make me realize that liberty is doomed. The debt is skyrocketing, as it does every single second no matter who is in charge. The wars go on, no matter who is in charge. Building a wall fixes nothing. Soon the whole country will be a social experiment gone wrong that the next 1000 years nobody will learn from because history is doomed to repeat itself over and over and over until something breaks the cycle.

What breaks the cycle? There’s a book out there that explains exactly what will happen. I believe it.
    The Republicans have a much better average voting record and there are ZERO good Demoncrats, you can give up or you can work with the best people you can find and try to educate them.

Allowing the invasion to continue will ensure communist rule and the total eradication of liberty for centuries.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast