Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First-ever private border wall built in New Mexico

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We Build the Wall, boasted on social media Thursday that it has begun riverfront land clearing on banks of the the Rio Grande in Mission, Texas, to build a 3.5-mile border barrier on private property. This is believed to be the first private wall construction in South Texas by this organization, which earlier this year built a section of wall near El Paso in Sunland Park, New Mexico.
    The owner of the 6,000-acre riverfront property, Lance Neuhaus, confirmed to Border Report on Thursday that he has given the tax-exempt organization We Build the Wall permission to be on his property.

More at: https://cw39.com/2019/11/15/group-cl...n-south-texas/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf made an unpublicized visit Wednesday to the site of a privately constructed border wall during his first official trip to the southern border, Yahoo News has confirmed.

The stop at the half-mile stretch of crowdfunded steel bollard fencing, was not mentioned in a media advisory sent by the DHS press office ahead of Wolf’s trip to El Paso, Texas, where he was slated to “participate in an operational tour of DHS facilities on the southwest border, meet with local DHS leadership, survey new border wall construction, and meet with state, local and community officials.”

However, a DHS spokesperson, who declined to speak on the record, confirmed to Yahoo News that Wolf did, in fact, stop by the private wall in Sunland Park, where he spoke to the owner of the property and an engineer from the construction company that built it.
    “They wanted to see what we built, they wanted to inspect it,” Brian Kolfage, founder and president of We Build the Wall, the nonprofit group behind the project, told Yahoo News. “They’re interested in what we’re doing and future projects.”

“I welcome all that want to be part of the solution,” Wolf said in response to a question from reporters about We Build the Wall’s latest effort to build a new section of border wall on private land along the Rio Grande in South Texas.
    “Obviously, when you’re talking about a border wall system, you have to do that in close connection with CBP [U.S. Customs and Border Protection], the Army Corps of Engineers and the like. The requirements that they have are pretty robust. … It has to meet certain requirements,” Wolf told reporters. “So if there are going to be private entities that do that, we want to make sure that we’re talking to them, and I know the chief and others are doing that each and every day.”
    At the same press conference, El Paso Border Patrol Chief Gloria Chavez praised We Build the Wall’s first completed section in Sunland Park.
    “When that wall got built, everything changed for us and we were able to manage border enforcement actions there even better,” said Chavez, who accompanied Wolf to the half-mile fence, located on the southern edge of an inactive brickyard owned by an 85-year-old Air Force veteran.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/acting-ho...223803492.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...14269363105793

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...00057510436864

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...14269363105793

Logically speaking that small fence did not accomplish what this guy said it did. If a person wanted to cross or smuggle across the border, that privately built wall would not have stopped them. If the new wall was impenetrable, smugglers and others would just cross someplace more conducive.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Logically speaking that small fence did not accomplish what this guy said it did. If a person wanted to cross or smuggle across the border, that privately built wall would not have stopped them. If the new wall was impenetrable, smugglers and others would just cross someplace more conducive.
    I believe the first project filled a gap in the government fence and every little bit helps.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...53506575486981

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...dents-migrants

But days after the half-mile private barrier was erected, groups of people continued to stream over the border and into the New Mexico city. Dozens, sometimes hundreds, of people have been apprehended within view of the newly built wall, and residents are worried the barrier has only redirected migrants to other parts of town, creating new problems and possibly making matters worse.

The only thing the new wall has done, Ontiveroz said, was toss his quiet hometown into the middle of a national political fight.

"It's a bunch of bull$#@!," he said.

While people continue to cross the border — some simply walking around the new wall — construction workers, news crews, and politicians who have descended upon the small desert town will soon depart, leaving residents like him to deal with the unforeseen consequences, he said.

"It is always the case, where you have outsiders coming in thinking they have a solution," Javier Perea, mayor of Sunland Park, told BuzzFeed News. "Building the wall won't change the source of the problem."
    The IBWC agent said he's already seen people carving new paths around the private border wall. Some are willing to cross through the river — a potentially dangerous endeavor when waters begin to rise. Others are making the trek, with children in hand, across a higher, steeper hill nearby.

The following night, another group of 54 people were stopped at the same location, a stone's throw away from the base of the crowdfunded wall. It took nearly an hour for Border Patrol officials to arrive with enough vans to transport the group to a detention center.

A wall constructed during the Bush administration already runs along most of the border near Sunland Park, except for a stretch of tall, steep hills that jut out on the eastern part of the city. It's a mostly industrial area, where asylum-seekers have often emerged in the city in search of Border Patrol agents so they can turn themselves in.

With the private wall cutting off access to a half-mile stretch of those hills, leaving only the steeper, more treacherous part open, residents are concerned that immigrants will begin crossing in other parts of the city, toward the west and into neighborhoods.
    The wall also blocked access for a dam access road. So they were ordered by a court to leave it open during the daytime.

https://time.com/5605349/gofundme-bo...ll-new-mexico/

Construction of a wall on the southern border that was privately funded by a viral $23 million GoFundMe campaign hit another roadblock this week, when a U.S. agency ordered that a gate in the steel fencing be kept open during the day because it blocks access to a U.S.-owned levee road, dam and a historic monument.

The gate was built by We Build the Wall in Sunland Park, N.M., near El Paso, Texas “without authority,” the United States Section of the International Boundary and Water Commission (USIBWC) said Tuesday.

Most of the crowdfunded wall is situated on private property owned by a brick company. But when a sliding gate attached to the wall is closed, it crosses into federal land and blocks off a federally owned road, Lori Kuczmanski, a USIBWC spokesperson, tells TIME. “We have operational needs that we need to maintain, and with it being closed, and them not giving us access, we’re locked out of our own property,” Kuczmanski says. “That’s the whole situation here.”

We Build the Wall locked the private gate on June 6. After USIBWC made “repeated requests” to unlock and open the gate, law enforcement officers removed the lock and opened the gate to allow for dam maintenance. The agency is now requiring that the gate be kept open during business hours and locked at night “due to security concerns.” Meanwhile, We Build the Wall has accused the agency of “overreach.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-16-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...dents-migrants

The wall also blocked access for a dam access road. So they were ordered by a court to leave it open during the daytime.

https://time.com/5605349/gofundme-bo...ll-new-mexico/
    Old propaganda.

Every little bit helps.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amid the legal hurdles leveled by IBWC and butterfly advocates, We Build The Wall received a ringing public endorsement from U.S. Customs and Border Patrol.
    The influx of illegal traffic has shifted around the structure to a region where agents are equipped to respond more effectively after the nonprofit completed its first new barrier, El Paso Border Patrol sector chief Gloria Chavez told reporters in November.
    “Everything changed for us, and we were able to manage the border enforcement actions there even better,” Chavez said.

With the help of the American people, We Build the Wall could construct a wall along the entire 2000-mile border, Kolfage said.
    “Twenty-five million dollars won’t go that far. It’s only going to build a couple of miles. We are still raising money. We’ve just got to keep hammering at it, little chunks at a time,” he said. “If every Trump supporter donates $80, then the nonprofit could build a wall on the entire 2000-mile border. We’ve proven now that we can build wall. When we originally raised this money, it was on an idea that ‘hey we are going to go and try to build a wall.’ But now, we actually did it. DHS has endorsed us. Border Patrol has endorsed us.”

More at: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-patrol-video/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thanks to $25 million in contributions from ordinary American citizens, the non-profit organization WeBuildTheWall Inc. is in the midst of constructing a wall along the crime-ridden southern border. But the crowdfunded group is facing bureaucratic hurdles each step of the way.

Now House Republicans are intervening to get the job done.
    Intent on eliminating gridlock over border wall construction, more than a dozen GOP lawmakers in Arizona introduced a legislation Thursday that would allow private organizations to build physical security barriers in the state without acquiring construction permits.
    Read more

The bill, HB 2084, will create a “presumption of permission to build the international boundary wall on state land,” Rep. Warren Peterson (R-AZ) said in a statement Friday.
    The measure comes after a pledge the Arizona lawmaker made in June to assist WeBuildTheWall with securing the border.
    I will be introducing legislation next session to make sure that @WeBuildtheWall can erect border walls on private property in AZ without impediment from state or local government. Their organization is making a real difference with the border crisis! All with private donations! pic.twitter.com/Z1mwcum0aY
    — Warren Petersen (@votewarren) June 3, 2019
    House Republicans co-sponsoring HB2084 include Nancy Barto, Leo Biasiucci, Frank Carroll, Regina Cobb, David Cook, John Fillmore, Mark Finchem, Travis Grantham, John Kavanagh, Becky Nutt, Kevin Payne, Steve Pierce, Bret Roberts, T.J. Shope, and Jeff Weninger. Republican State Senator Rick.
    Support from the GOP lawmakers is crucial to winning the war to secure the border from criminals and potential national security threats, Kolfage told the Gateway Pundit Friday.

“Now the state of Arizona as stepped up to allow us to gift this vital tool for national security to the citizens of Arizona. We are proud to be able to work with border patrol and Arizona to make this a reality. Our wall has been proven 100 percent effective,” he said.

More at: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-construction/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

McAllen, Texas — After Friday’s showdown in a Texas federal court, Fisher Industries will be able to continue some construction at its border wall site after Judge Randy Crane lifted certain stipulations of an temporary restraining order levied against the group.
    Crane removed the portion of a federal government injunction that stopped Fisher Industries from shaving, cutting or grading the riverbank of the Rio Grande River in Mission, TX while the federal government plans its next moves.

Meanwhile, We Build The Wall (WBTW), the non-profit which raised millions in a viral crowdfunding effort and is funding the project, celebrated.
    “All these silly attempts to stop us always fail. At every turn the Deep State and enviro-freaks are there trying to obstruct us, and we embarrass them legally, every single time,” WBTW founder Brian Kolfage told The Rundown News.
    “Construction to grade the banks has been approved to resume after the federal government and Butterfly Center failed to prove their case as we predicted,” he continued. “Good always defeats evil and that’s exactly what you are witnessing here.”

More at: https://therundownnews.com/2020/01/p...on-to-proceed/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...64778878754817

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...00432132030464

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://twitter.com/BrianKolfage/sta...64778878754817

"We Will Save Texas!"

Trump is using the middle east and Iran as a distraction to get away from the issues at home and not a good idea to do so while an election season is on.

Border wall construction for a privately funded barrier is underway in Mission. Ground was broken Sunday after a legal fight partially ended.

More at: https://www.krgv.com/news/work-on-pr...r-wall-begins/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...mpression=true

He built a privately funded border wall. It's already at risk of falling down if not fixed.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fisher dismissed the concerns. A company attorney, Mark Courtois, called the erosion “a normal part of new construction projects like this and does not in any way compromise the fence or associated roadway.” The company will seek to build drainage ditches to lessen the deterioration, he added.

Fisher has said his wall — about a mile south of where the government is already building its version — will finally bring “border security to the border” through a design that erases the flooding and erosion concerns that had scuttled earlier plans and vastly speeds up construction time.
    It would be the first wall system that wouldn’t cause flooding or deflect water, We Build the Wall founder Brian Kolfage claimed in a tweet. “The best engineers in the world designed this for floods, not government employees.”

Courtois, the company attorney, did not comment on the maintenance issue, but he said the fence and roadway have performed as intended and are structurally sound. He said Fisher had personally inspected the site last week and attributed the erosion to light surface sand and the parts where “vegetation has not yet fully taken hold.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...090431490?s=19

I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 07-12-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...090431490?s=19

I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles.
    It's always about the New York lib.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567