Thread: Trump picks anti-gunner to head ATF

Thumbs down Trump picks anti-gunner to head ATF

Trump chooses anti-gunner to head ATF!

Late on Friday the White House sent out an official communication that Chuck Canterbury, Jr. has been nominated to become the next ATF Director.

Canterbury’s public record SUPPORTING gun control and radical gun grabbers like Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor are troubling to say the least.

He even testified on behalf of Obama-era Attorney General Eric Holder -- the man responsible for the deadly Fast and Furious gun running program.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics/atf-director-nominee-kenneth-charles-canterbury/index.html
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 05-25-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He only surrounds himself with the best people.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Jesus Christ...what the hell is he thinking, or who the hell is advising him?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Let's take a step back and wait for the formal Trumpsplanation. @TheTexan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    He only surrounds himself with the best people.
    Swamp looks pretty full to me
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Let's take a step back and wait for the formal Trumpsplanation. @TheTexan?
    Head of ATF is a meaningless position. He has to throw the deep swamp a crumb every now and then to throw them off his scent.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Impossible - he said he was pro gun, and all his zealots backed him on it despite his backing of anti-gun candidates.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Thumbs down Book 'em Danno

Kenneth Charles "Chuck" Canterbury, currently president of the National Fraternal Order of Police

Take the Guns First
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Head of ATF is a meaningless position. He has to throw the deep swamp a crumb every now and then to throw them off his scent.
    You're joking, right?

How is he anti-gun?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

This must be part of his plan to get rid of Paul Ryan.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I cannot imagine any head of BATFE not anti gun . Only thing that would make me happy is eliminating it . If trump did that I would campaign for him . Of course none of the people all the leftists on the forum are going to vote for are going to eliminate it either . So , in before the biden - bernie voters.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-25-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    You're joking, right?
    Always.

@TheTexan is sarcasm personified.
    There is no spoon.

Chuck Canterbury
    National President
    Fraternal Order of Police

President Canterbury began his police career in 1978. During his 25-years in law enforcement, he worked in the Patrol Division, the Criminal Investigations Division, and served as the Training Division Supervisor. While serving as Supervisor, he was certified as an Instructor in basic law enforcement, firearms, chemical weapons, and pursuit driving.

President Canterbury joined the Fraternal Order of Police in 1984 when he, along with eleven other officers, chartered the Local Coastal Carolina Lodge 12. He served as the Local Lodge President for 13 years, during which time he was instrumental in starting the Lodge Legal Defense Plan, purchasing the first lodge building, and starting the Lodge insurance program.

He went on to serve as The South Carolina State Lodge President from 1990 to 1998. During his tenure he was instrumental in establishing the State Lodge lobbying program, initiating the political endorsement program, and implementing the State Lodge Legal Defense Plan. He led the successful effort to hire a full time State Lodge Executive Director to manage these programs.

President Canterbury began his service on the National FOP Grand Lodge Executive Board in 1995 when he was elected to the first of three terms as the Second Vice President under then-President Steve Young. In 2001, he was elected Vice President.

Following the death of President Young, Chuck began serving as President in January 2003. Since then, President Canterbury has been reelected five times.

From the time Chuck served on the Grand Lodge Executive Board, he has worked to expand the police labor movement in the areas of our country that do not have collective bargaining rights. He has driven the expansion of FOP Labor Services to better serve the membership of the FOP. President Canterbury has seen the National Legislative Office become the most influential voice of law enforcement in Washington, DC. Throughout his tenure, improving the quality of life for police officers has been his foremost goal.

Chuck was appointed by President George W. Bush to serve on the Medal of Valor Board. He also serves on our Nation’s Homeland Security Council and as a board member of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

President Canterbury retired in January 2004 from the Horry County Police Department, Conway, South Carolina.

Chuck earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Coastal Carolina University. He resides in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and is married to Alice. Chuck’s son is an Officer on the Coastal Carolina Lodge 12 Executive Board and Chuck’s mother was a Charter member of the Lodge.

http://chuckcanterbury.com/biography/

——————

In his official capacity as President of the National Fraternal Order of Police, Canterbury has:

*** Supported radical anti-gun Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

*** Supported former Attorney General Eric Holder – Obama’s head honcho who ran the deadly Fast and Furious gun running program.

*** Supported expanding the federal government’s gun registration schemes.

Even more troubling, Canterbury’s FOP is currently lobbying AGAINST Constitutional Carry, even though the vast majority of law enforcement officers support the right to carry.

More at:

https://sonsoflibertymedia.com/first...-confiscation/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

And the swamp gets bigger.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Where does the NRA stand on this?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Since the President is an R, they'll most likely stand by their man.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    How is he anti-gun?

In his official capacity as President of the National Fraternal Order of Police, Canterbury has:

*** Supported radical anti-gun Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

*** Supported former Attorney General Eric Holder -- Obama’s head honcho who ran the deadly Fast and Furious gun running program.

*** Supported expanding the federal government’s gun registration schemes.

Even more troubling, Canterbury’s FOP is currently lobbying AGAINST Constitutional Carry, even though the vast majority of law enforcement officers support the right to carry.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 05-25-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    And the swamp gets bigger.
    I have the best swamp. No one else's swamp comes close.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Take the Guns First
    FOP is a freemason organization.

It stands on the GIVE US MONEY side. As useless as tits on a bull.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

They probably support it since the NRA doesn't hate gun control as much as they say they do.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Jesus Christ...what the hell is he thinking, or who the hell is advising him?
    It can't be that Trump does leftist things because he's a leftist, surely.

No, it must be that there's some shadowy cabal (composed of his own chosen advisors) whispering in dear leader's ear.