Thread: Trump Administration Proposes Rollback of Transgender Rights

Thumbs up Trump Administration Proposes Rollback of Transgender Rights

A formal proposal from the Trump administration Friday would roll back Obama-era protections for transgender people, which LGBT advocates warn could prompt health care providers to discriminate against transgender and gender-non-conforming people.
    Roger Severino, the director of the Department of Health and Human Services, said the proposal would remove “gender identity” as a factor in laws prohibiting health care providers from discriminating against patients.

The rollback is a reversal of a provision in the 2016 Affordable Care Act, in which the Obama administration determined that laws banning sex discrimination in health care would also apply to transgender patients. It explicitly prohibited discrimination based on “gender identity,” which it defined as an “internal sense of gender, which may be male, female, neither, or a combination of male and female, and which may be different from an individual’s sex assigned at birth.”
    The Trump administration’s proposal, however, would eliminate this language, which many LGBT advocates claim could make transgender patients more vulnerable to discriminatory treatment from health care providers. Such treatment is not uncommon, as evidenced by a case last year in which a CVS pharmacist refused to fill a transgender woman’s prescription for hormone therapy.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-adminis...193200113.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They need actual therapy, not hormone therapy.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

This is going to be a $#@! storm. But probably good strategy nonetheless.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

This is so $#@!ed. A trans person or trans advocate or gender studies major, will be the first to tell you that sex and gender identity are not the same thing. Therefore when the law specifically uses the term "sex", it does not mean gender identity! If you want it to include gender identity, you have to pass a new law!
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Liberals aren't going to be too happy about this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

By my estimation, this makes up for up about four starved, cholera induced baby deaths.

Or about fourteen charges in Julian Assange’s indictment.

I don’t know- hard to quantify making America great again.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump