Thread: Trump admin to sell new weapons to Saudis despite lawmakers' objections

Trump admin to sell new weapons to Saudis despite lawmakers' objections

Trump administration plans to sell new weapons to Saudis despite lawmakers' objections

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration will push through a new weapons sale to Saudi Arabia and bypass congressional objections by declaring the transaction an "emergency," according to lawmakers who were notified of the plan Friday.
    Those transactions generally require a congressional sign-off.

But the Trump administration is relying on a narrow provision in the 1976 Arms Control Act that allows the president to sidestep Congress in an emergency. Under that measure, the president must certify that an emergency exists "which requires the proposed sale in the national security interest," thus waiving Congress' power to review and stop the sale.
    More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/3768851002/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Certainly those weapons won't be used to kill innocent people in Yemen won't they?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Something something Bolton
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump Sidesteps Congress For Arms Deals Benefitting UAE and Saudis

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...51e_story.html

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified lawmakers Friday that President Trump is invoking his emergency authority to sidestep Congress and complete 22 arms deals that would benefit Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries, despite lawmakers’ objections to the transactions.

Republicans and Democrats urged the Trump administration this week not to take the rare step of exploiting a legal window to push through deals — worth about $8 billion, according to congressional aides — that lawmakers have blocked from being finalized.
    Insanity.

Congress should never be sidestepped for the saudis .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Congress should never be sidestepped for the saudis .
    Only Israel.

Gee, I wonder what the Saudis are going to do with all those weapons. They couldn't possibly be used to kill innocent people.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Only Israel.
    Ya , not them as well .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Gee, I wonder what the Saudis are going to do with all those weapons. They couldn't possibly be used to kill innocent people.
    Nothing's changed. Nothing different.

https://ian56.blogspot.com/2015/12/w...anti-tank.html

Here’s a good deal:

How about impeach trump for spending my money in that “emergency” spending bill, that pathetic Omnibus, and now sidestepping Congress engaging in “foreign arms deals”.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Let’s hold our breath waiting for a successful court challenge of this emergency declaration...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Here’s a good deal:

How about impeach trump for spending my money in that “emergency” spending bill, that pathetic Omnibus, and now sidestepping Congress engaging in “foreign arms deals”.
    This might be even worse than Fast 'n Furious?

Nah, just more of the same Swamp Thug Life
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I don't care. I just don't want to hear people talking about impeaching Trump

Better us than Russia I guess
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Trump is the swamp.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Wannabe dictators gonna dictate.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Something something Bolton
    Something something 42D chess...

...something something better than Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Something something 42D chess...

...something something better than Hillary.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Trump is the swamp.
    Drain the swamp.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Let’s hold our breath waiting for a successful court challenge of this emergency declaration...
    I must have missed where the Democrats and other “anti-war” leftists successfully blocked this “emergency declaration” in some activist court room.