Thread: Kokesh on Amash

Kokesh on Amash

The most recent campaign email. Yes, it is a fundraising letter but I talk to Adam all the time and this is how he feels.

Angela,

If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you may have heard the Michigan’s Republican Congressman, Justin Amash, is considering running for the Libertarian nomination for President.

Why would he do that?

Well, he recently became the first Republican to call for the impeachment of Donald Trump – a move that immediately branded him as an outcast within the GOP – especially when the Tweeter-In-Chief responded by calling him an “idiot.”

Ronald Reagan jokingly coined the “Eleventh Commandment” back in 1966. It reads, “Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.”

But in the age of Trump, GOP insiders enforce a new commandment, “Thou shalt not speak ill and always praise our Glorious Leader, Donald J. Trump.”

Basically, Justin Amash is screwed for having integrity within a party that amplifies lies on a daily basis.

Now here’s the question for us Libertarians . . . do we welcome Justin Amash and recruit him to seek our nomination?

Without hesitation, I say, “Hell yes!!!”

As a person who has invested a year of my life, my personal resources and has asked the same of my friends and supporters in pursuing the LP’s presidential nomination, I can say with complete confidence that bringing Justin Amash into the fold would be great for the party.

First, there’s no question that Amash is aligned with our shared principles. He is the most Libertarian member of Congress. Trained in Austrian Economics, his voting record supports his integrity on our issues.

Regarding the nomination, if he throws his hat in the ring, the media attention brought to the LP will be MASSIVE.

Amash would represent the “Never Trumpers” and be their best hope to beat Trump in 2020.

As the cameras roll, and the Trump-hating journalists wait with bated breath for our state chairs to count the ballots . . . they will be forced to announce the 2020 LP Presidential Candidate.

And with hard work and your support, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post, New York Times and others will run with the headline, “Libertarians Refuse to be Pawns, Nominate Adam Kokesh as Presidential Nominee.”

Let’s make this happen, donate to my campaign here; https://kokeshforpresident.com/contribute/

Here’s the truth about the presidential nomination that you may not see: we’ve been used for years.

In 2020, the Koch Brothers (which includes our own 1980 VP nominee David Koch) are backing candidates to shave points from Trump.

Democrats have done the same for years behind the scenes with wealthy liberals contributing and hiring operatives to influence our races.

That’s simply politics.

And we can choose to play their games, or we can advance Liberty.

What do you choose?

If that’s Liberty, I love you for it and ask that you stop right now, click here and donate as much as you can before Memorial Weekend starts to my campaign.

I have a good amount of travel booked, and could use the support to pay for gas, buy a few meals for campaign staff and cover a few airline tickets.

To get us through the next few trips, I need to raise around $4,000.

If you can chip in to help cover that amount, thank you so much.

Please enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and if you have any questions, never hesitate to reach out to me and I will do my best to get back to you.

Peace and Love,

Adam Kokesh

American Referendum Project

KokeshForPresident.com

P.S. I could go on and on about Justin Amash. He really would make a great addition to the LP and benefit us in the short term. It’s a shame that he can’t have integrity as a Republican – and that’s exactly why we need to reject being used as a pawn of the GOP and their haters. If you agree, do me a favor and help me get back on the road by donating to my campaign.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Adam's passion is still alive. Much respect.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

if someone has Amash's ear - I would like him to explain why he is ok with the FBI acting like a 4th equal branch of government

the reasons he cites obstruction means I have to agree with Comey that the DOJ/FBI is independent. They aren't. They work on behest of POTUS. To claim the president can obstruct justice by being in charge of the agency he is in charge of seems asinine to me. One of us is missing something - and it sure seems like Amash is buying into the spying apparatus that has empowered DC for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Amash
    Trump asked then-FBI Director James Comey to stop investigating then-national security adviser Michael Flynn.
    Trump asked then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to un-recuse himself from the Russia investigation.
    Trump asked then-White House counsel Don McGahn to have Mueller removed, stating it was necessary due to conflicts of interest.
    Trump asked McGahn to state that the request to remove Mueller never happened, suggesting McGahn could be fired if that did not take place.
    Trump asked his former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski to tell Sessions to limit the scope of Mueller's investigation.
    Trump wielded his pardon power to influence associates facing prosecution from Mueller, like Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, not to cooperate.
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 05-24-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Amash is making a fool of himself and Kokesh who loves to make a fool of himself can't wait to get in on it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    This fantasy is more likely to happen than kokesh yelling and screaming at his girlfriend into having a threesome with him.

I fail to see how Amash's actions demonstrate his integrity.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Know some of those very close in Adam's former circles, he always $#@!s up and scares off good people.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    This fantasy is more likely to happen than kokesh yelling and screaming at his girlfriend into having a threesome with him.
    Adam gave his ex-gf a sexually transmitted energy.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome solidarity. God, Family and Country over party.

Kokesh for something or the other 2020, maybe Sec of Defense or FED chairman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

My God. Adam really broke this girl. Though I do support her choice; better for who she'll eventually marry.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Amash is making a fool of himself and Kokesh who loves to make a fool of himself can't wait to get in on it.
    Kokesh would like nothing more than for Amash to become like him, a radicalized anarchist
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Awesome solidarity. God, Family and Country over party.

Kokesh for something or the other 2020, maybe Sec of Defense or FED chairman?
    LOL , hell yes . Fed chairman .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Kokesh would like nothing more than for Amash to become like him, a radicalized anarchist
    LOL , well yeah there is always that too . Why don't you use some of your pull and get the troops out of the middle east ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-24-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    if someone has Amash's ear - I would like him to explain why he is ok with the FBI acting like a 4th equal branch of government
    Strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    LOL , hell yes . Fed chairman .
    ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

God-damn hippies.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The reason the Koch brothers are funding candidates to shave off points from Trump is because he is the greatest threat to the NWO’s plans for world domination. Helping their cause is not being noble.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Kokesh would be a terrible LP candidate, but he's quite right that Amash would be an excellent one.

But in the age of Trump, GOP insiders enforce a new commandment, “Thou shalt not speak ill and always praise our Glorious Leader, Donald J. Trump.”
    My fear is that such commandments violations trend would accelerate and more from GOP/Right would join upset GOA leaders, former MAGA supporter Coulter, Tea Party Joe Walsh etc with the dimming of prospects of current neocon funded GOP-ZOA wing .
    If that unfortunate development happens, would GOP be able to regroup and rebrand itself as a small gov, cut spending, non-king-of-debt, anti-neocon interventionist, antiswamp party?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Strawman.
    strawman?

are you a nutjob?

the DOJ is not constitutionally responsible for oversight of higher ups in that branch. other branches serve that function. the only strawman is you claiming a strawman

strawman?

are you a nutjob?
    Just a literalist. You wanted Amash to explain a position he hasn't stated he adheres to. That's pretty much the definition of a strawman. It is possible to believe both these things;

1. The investigation was a sham AND
    2. Trump tried to obstruct it.

strawman?

are you a nutjob?

the DOJ is not constitutionally responsible for oversight of higher ups in that branch. other branches serve that function. the only strawman is you claiming a strawman
    the DOJ is not constitutionally responsible for oversight of higher ups in that branch.
    One would hope that no branch of government is solely responsible for overseeing itself.

Just a literaist. You wanted Amash to explain a position he hasn't stated he adheres to. That's pretty much the definition of a strawman. It is possible to believe both these things;

you literally don't know the meaning of strawman as you are clearly misusing the term

1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

2. a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.

One would hope that no branch of government is solely responsible for overseeing itself.
    huh? Other branches must handle this. He can’t obstruct while also being in charge of the DOJ.

If Amash thinks this is worth pursuing – he shows in no uncertain terms that he doesn’t agree with the original intent of the constitution. I can’t support that
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 05-28-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Just a literalist. You wanted Amash to explain a position he hasn't stated he adheres to. That's pretty much the definition of a strawman. It is possible to believe both these things;

You can't "obstruct justice" if the investigation is a sham.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not a fan of Trump and used to be a big fan of Amash, but this style of politics turns me off to him. It's hard for me to wrap me head around. I just think of him as dishonest and sleazy now. The LP is making a mistake in pandering to the never-Trumpers. It'll just result in the dilution of the party, into a generic 3rd party vehicle for failed politicians, with oversized egos.

If Amash thinks this is worth pursuing – he shows in no uncertain terms that he doesn’t agree with the original intent of the constitution. I can’t support that
    Pretty sure original intent was that of a system of checks and balances.

Pretty sure original intent was that of a system of checks and balances.
    yes the branches check each other

Amash is claiming that POTUS is checked by his underlings within his own branch. /doh

yes the branches check each other

Amash is claiming that POTUS is checked by his underlings within his own branch. /doh
    Can you please quote him saying that?

I know he's supported impeaching Trump. But that would be Congress, as in one of the other branches, checking the President, not the President's own underlings. So you must be talking about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltheus View Post
    Not a fan of Trump and used to be a big fan of Amash, but this style of politics turns me off to him. It's hard for me to wrap me head around. I just think of him as dishonest and sleazy now. The LP is making a mistake in pandering to the never-Trumpers. It'll just result in the dilution of the party, into a generic 3rd party vehicle for failed politicians, with oversized egos.

Why not “pander” to the never-Trumpers? He certainly does not represent me.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

As I have stated, nobody represents me better than me, and I fully understand that government, regardless of party, has no intention of “allowing” freedom, liberty and fiscal responsibility to prevail.

Adam Kokesh, Amash, Massie, Rand, are closer to representing me than anybody else, I feel that having a platform to speak when everybody is interested (voting season) is essential. Critical mass may not be met, but what other option do we have, aside from practicing and living as freely as one can?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Can you please quote him saying that?

I know he's supported impeaching Trump. But that would be Congress, as in one of the other branches, checking the President, not the President's own underlings. So you must be talking about something else.
    post 3 in this thead