Thread: Conor Friedersdorf: The Justin Amash Test

Conor Friedersdorf: The Justin Amash Test

Republicans are spreading flagrant lies and corrupting the Freedom Caucus to serve Donald Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...aceful/590059/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Republicans are spreading flagrant lies and corrupting the Freedom Caucus to serve Donald Trump.

Good write.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

It is interesting how brain-damaged people like Kevin McCarthy are. If Amash has a tough primary challenge, it is very possible he would run LP and cost Trump a close election.

The best way to handle people like Amash is like how Newt handled Ron Paul. Just ignore them and let them do their thing. When you start condemning, things escalate and you create new problems.

I just read the other day that Amash rarely attends any more, presumably because they didn't stand up to Trump when Trump went after Sanford.

And Trump threatened them all when they refused to sign on to his Obamacare 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I just read the other day that Amash rarely attends any more, presumably because they didn't stand up to Trump when Trump went after Sanford.

And Trump threatened them all when they refused to sign on to his Obamacare 2.0.
    Hi Angela... thanks for the rep. The irony with Sanford is the Trump replacement lost to the Dem in that district for the first time in 40 years. I wonder if Mark will come back.. Probably not.

Amash is spreading flagrant lies and corrupting the Freedom Caucus to attack Donald Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Amash is spreading flagrant lies and corrupting the Freedom Caucus to attack Donald Trump.

Two flagrant lies in one sentence. -rep
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 05-24-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Two flagrant lies in one sentence. -rep
    Since you didn't -rep me it seems you are the one who put two flagrant lies in one sentence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since you didn't -rep me it seems you are the one who put two flagrant lies in one sentence.
    Are you complaining that you're not getting all the -reps that you deserve?

How much do the Clinton Foundation & Sheldon Adelson pay you per -rep?
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Are you complaining that you're not getting all the -reps that you deserve?

How much do the Clinton Foundation & Sheldon Adelson pay you per -rep?
    Just pointing out your compulsion to lie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hi Angela... thanks for the rep. The irony with Sanford is the Trump replacement lost to the Dem in that district for the first time in 40 years. I wonder if Mark will come back.. Probably not.
    *Mouth drops open** I don't think I knew, or at least I didn't remember, that they lost the Sanford seat to a Democrat. That's what will probably happen if they primary Amash here. And it's their own fault - the GOP intentionally gerrymandered his district so he would lose in the general. He didn't, but they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    *Mouth drops open** I don't think I knew, or at least I didn't remember, that they lost the Sanford seat to a Democrat. That's what will probably happen if they primary Amash here. And it's their own fault - the GOP intentionally gerrymandered his district so he would lose in the general. He didn't, but they tried.
    See this angela:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Arrington

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

That was an excellent article. Wish he was my Rep, but instead I get the neoconservative Hoekstra representing me in the congressional district just West of Amash’s.

Even the other members of the House Freedom Caucus, the most freedom-loving, freedom-supporting members of Congress, have sided against one of their own to please an erratic big-government authoritarian.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    That was an excellent article. Wish he was my Rep, but instead I get the neoconservative Hoekstra representing me in the congressional district just West of Amash’s.
    I have a Kildee. Same beast, different party.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post

I had to double take on that one. Hoekstra hasn't been a House Rep since 2010. I remember he went all out to criticize Amash when Amash had his last primary challenge. But Hoekstra has mostly just bounced around with failed office runs and is apparently a Trump appointee as Ambassador to the Netherlands.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.